Samsung GS7edge - Verizon Users Thread

elir41

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Me! Tried resetting notifications and restarted the phone. Now I just need a notification to come through to see if it works.

Posted via the Android Central App

I found out what happened. For some reason, after the update, my lock screen notifications were off for all apps. As soon as I turned that on it went back to normal.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I know it sucks I couldn't do this with a pre order and get credited back. I guess I'll take one evil for another. I'll have two s2s in my opinion that'd be about the same price as my husbands s7 I would have gotten free. So it cancels each other out

It works for pre-orders too, but you have to open a new line. We opened two new lines and says its valid for orders starting on 2/23/16. Just need Verizon to let me download my device payment agreement.

shane starr

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
where did you find dates showing the eligibility period? i pre ordered on 02/29,both new lines. I was told by an agent that the offer for buy one get one free is from 03/18/2016 - 03/31/2016.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
It works for pre-orders too, but you have to open a new line. We opened two new lines and says its valid for orders starting on 2/23/16. Just need Verizon to let me download my device payment agreement.

I don't need another line my husband and I were just eligible for upgrades so we did the pre-order

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
where did you find dates showing the eligibility period? i pre ordered on 02/29,both new lines. I was told by an agent that the offer for buy one get one free is from 03/18/2016 - 03/31/2016.

Start the redemption process. It will tell you the required purchase dates.

NebbyWan

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I forgot to enable bloat too. Seems to be ok, and package disabler still reports them as disabled.

Potential n00b question here (I'm a recent convert from the Church of Fruit), but is re-enabling bloatware something that should usually be done prior to system updates? Little too late since I'm optimizing app 63 of 145, but for future reference...

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Potential n00b question here (I'm a recent convert from the Church of Fruit), but is re-enabling bloatware something that should usually be done prior to system updates? Little too late since I'm optimizing app 63 of 145, but for future reference...

Yes your supposed to but most of us forgot

NebbyWan

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, update complete and a few random apps looked like they had disappeared from my phone. The common theme was that there were installed on my SD card. Rebooted once and the greyed out android placeholders that were on my home screens changed to greyed out "actual" icons. Let it sit for a while more after still finding the apps in the Application Manager (but not the app drawer) and they eventually come back. Phew...that made me twitch a bit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay