Samsung GS7edge - Verizon Users Thread

Death Roe

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Thought this was a good idea, one of the other posters in the VZW pre-order thread thought of it.

Good place for tech support and assistance/tips relating to our Verizon service!

Death Roe

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
What bloatware has everyone disabled on their Verizon phones? I only disabled Messages+ so far, looking for some more suggestions.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I disabled everything Samsung and Verizon and downloaded all the Google versions.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
What bloatware has everyone disabled on their Verizon phones? I only disabled Messages+ so far, looking for some more suggestions.

Funny, that's the one piece of Verizonware I don't disable. It's actually an excellent texting app.

I've disabled whatever the f**k 90Go is - or Go90, whatever it's called - the Ant+ radio and its friends (huge battery drain); Verizon Protect; Verizon Cloud; Samsung Gear (don't use any); Hancom Office; Google Play Music and the stock e-mail app. Can't access my phone right now, as it's powered off and sitting quietly while the Armorsuit screen protector seals and dries, but there were several other things I disabled that I cannot recall right now.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Like what? Any recommendations?

Literally everything stock from Samsung. I downloaded the Clock, Calendar, Gmail apps.

The only thing I kept was Gallery.

Kicked out all the Verizon apps but Voicemail but may eventually make Google Voice my go to.

Disabled Messages+ because I like a clean feeling messaging experience, and downloaded Textra as I have for every Android device I've owned.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Thought this was a good idea, one of the other posters in the VZW pre-order thread thought of it.

Good place for tech support and assistance/tips relating to our Verizon service!

I completely understand.

I disabled everything from Verizon except My Verizon and login. Disabling login screws up My Verizon for me.

Funny, that's the one piece of Verizonware I don't disable. It's actually an excellent texting app.

I've disabled whatever the f**k 90Go is - or Go90, whatever it's called - the Ant+ radio and its friends (huge battery drain); Verizon Protect; Verizon Cloud; Samsung Gear (don't use any); Hancom Office; Google Play Music and the stock e-mail app. Can't access my phone right now, as it's powered off and sitting quietly while the Armorsuit screen protector seals and dries, but there were several other things I disabled that I cannot recall right now.

You can just use it without anything bad happening. Bubbles always went away for me without letting it dry in the past. Hate the orange peel though.

Literally everything stock from Samsung. I downloaded the Clock, Calendar, Gmail apps.

The only thing I kept was Gallery.

Kicked out all the Verizon apps but Voicemail but may eventually make Google Voice my go to.

Disabled Messages+ because I like a clean feeling messaging experience, and downloaded Textra as I have for every Android device I've owned.

Google Voice is the way to go. So much better.

SD card notification keeps popping up saying that I have an SD card in the phone. What gives with that?

It'll go away on its own. I raged at that all day yesterday.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Always thought it was for the cell radio vs. music radio...oops.

It just says radio and you can't disable one of the Ant+ processes with disabler pro so it makes sense you would think it's an important and vital process on the phone.

On a side note: Who can record 720p video @ 240fps? I don't see the option on my phone! Stupid Verizon(?).

ronin_cse

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Like most I disabled all the Verizon stuff except Messages+ and MyVerizon, haven't done so with the Samsung stuff yet as I want to test it all out but probably will.

On a side note I highly recommend keeping Messages+ whither or not you use it, you can download the desktop app from verizon and read and send texts from your computer, quite nice I have found. Push Bullet and mySMS do the same but they aren't totally free and have a couple slightly annoying things if you just use the free version.