05-05-2017 04:54 PM
1,609 ... 4445464748 ...
tools
    Search the main page of AC forum for s7/s7e battery life.
    There will be tips on how to improve the battery life as well.
    I've done that. Nothing recent on Verizon specific battery life, plenty on Sprint and T-mobile with recent software updates. Only March. And I know the tips. I'm asking how YOUR battery life has been.
    06-15-2016 11:09 AM
    I've done that. Nothing recent on Verizon specific battery life, plenty on Sprint and T-mobile with recent software updates. Only March. And I know the tips. I'm asking how YOUR battery life has been.
    Im not overly impressed with it, I have the edge, and leave the power saving mode on all the time.
    Avg for me would be about 15 hours without power saving mode, with it I can get over a day.
    06-15-2016 11:42 AM
    So I'm hoping to become a Verizon S7 Edge user once my local store gets black ones back in stock (sorry...I'm done with Sprint. Why did I think that was a good idea in the first place?). How has battery life been for y'all?
    Depends on my day sometimes I can get 2 days out of it and sometimes 6 hrs depends on my usage. I assume also I would get way better service if I was near a city and I didn't have to fight with signal. But I find its great battery Quick charging. Love the black!

Posted via the Android Central App
    mab4285 likes this.
    06-15-2016 03:27 PM
    I'm always one that says, if I can get through from unplugging around 6:30am to going to bed around 10:30/11, I'm good. There are times where I'd love to go T-Mobile, but Verizon really does have the best coverage where I live. Plus, after employee discount, it's not that much of a difference in price (maybe $5 before taxes/fees).

Thanks!
    wlonsdale likes this.
    06-15-2016 04:16 PM
    I'm rather disappointed in my battery life, but only because I'm a powerhouse user on days I don't work, which is about 3 out of 4 days of the week. But my Edge has never left me high and dry when I do manage to rein myself in.

Ode to a powerhouse user.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    06-15-2016 04:19 PM
    No power user, here. I use the phone mainly for chatting with the wife. Occasional browsing, looking up stuff while standing (or laying) underneath/in front of a reactor for parts, etc...

Old eyes. I hate using the phone in the first place. If there's a computer close by, I'll use that. Was a completely different story, before 40yrs of age. That's 7yrs long gone, now.

I get anywhere from 1-3 days on a charge. If I have one of my watches attached, about 2 days. Without watch...I can get 3 days if I'm busy at work. Just depends on the day.

By far, getting much better battery performance over my previous phone (Note 2). Have always had a healthy battery in that one, too.
    06-15-2016 07:43 PM
    Interesting thing. Usually my battery is around 80% or lower by noon with low usage. Last night i disabled the always on display. Right now my charge is at 75% which is more than 8 hours later than usual. I have used my phone less today, but this is a huge improvement. Will see how tomorrow goes.
    06-15-2016 08:35 PM
    What the Hel l are you guys doing??? This isn't a battery thread.... HAHAHAH jk

I would give you my battery observations, but I am and extremely heavy user... with a few work apps (that have always drained my phones) and a poor signal at work. On weekends I usually get thru the day easily and could probably make 2 but I pop it in the wireless charger over night. Battery life will be so different on case by case basis. I use my phone differently in a different signal area with different screen needs than you do. What I can tell you is that this phone gets at least 20-30% better life than my Note 5 did.
    06-16-2016 04:35 PM
    My dang Bluetooth is being a pain in the butt today. I've been trying to sync my Vivofit and match my LG wireless headphones all day and they refuse to.

06-16-2016 04:37 PM
    Sounds like an operator Error!!! :P
    06-16-2016 04:41 PM
    Sounds like an operator Error!!! :P
    I fiddled with some stuff on Package Disabler last night and I'm trying to recall what they were but I've been up for 36 hours and counting.

06-16-2016 05:11 PM
    My dang Bluetooth is being a pain in the butt today. I've been trying to sync my Vivofit and match my LG wireless headphones all day and they refuse to.

I fiddled with some stuff on Package Disabler last night and I'm trying to recall what they were but I've been up for 36 hours and counting.

Wonder if you can sync two things to the phone, at once, via BT? Check the spec. Also, if it is supported ( I haven't checked because I don't need that functionality), try rebooting phone while both devices are off. Then boot each one, waiting to ensure connectivity before booting the next one.
    06-16-2016 06:48 PM
    Wonder if you can sync two things to the phone, at once, via BT? Check the spec. Also, if it is supported ( I haven't checked because I don't need that functionality), try rebooting phone while both devices are off. Then boot each one, waiting to ensure connectivity before booting the next one.
    You can connect more than one Bluetooth device at a time
    06-16-2016 07:45 PM
    You can connect more than one Bluetooth device at a time
    Then she needs to try the reboot thing.
    06-16-2016 07:47 PM
    Rebooted and my Vivofit still ignored my mad pleas to sync. Took it off my wrist, set it to sync and set it down next to my phone on the night stand and it synced, albeit incredibly slower than it has since I bought it.

Maybe it's just having a temper tantrum.

P.S. my headphones were dead, which explains a lot. Don't hate me.

06-16-2016 08:40 PM
    Rebooted and my Vivofit still ignored my mad pleas to sync. Took it off my wrist, set it to sync and set it down next to my phone on the night stand and it synced, albeit incredibly slower than it has since I bought it.

Maybe it's just having a temper tantrum.

P.S. my headphones were dead, which explains a lot. Don't hate me.

Glad your still liking the vivofit. Im about ready to ditch my s2 for a fenix 3!!!

06-16-2016 10:07 PM
    Glad your still liking the vivofit. Im about ready to ditch my s2 for a fenix 3!!!

I'd honestly be interested in your S2 if you decide to ditch it for good. Will ya shoot me a message if you do? My baby brother is looking for one.

And yes, loving the Vivofit except for the brain fart it had yesterday. I'm thinking a battery replacement is due so it feels a little fresher.

06-17-2016 08:10 AM
    I'm always one that says, if I can get through from unplugging around 6:30am to going to bed around 10:30/11, I'm good. There are times where I'd love to go T-Mobile, but Verizon really does have the best coverage where I live. Plus, after employee discount, it's not that much of a difference in price (maybe $5 before taxes/fees).

Thanks!
    Yep, I get my veterans discount and it does the job!
    mab4285 likes this.
    06-17-2016 02:12 PM
    Has anyone had any issues with the new update?
    06-17-2016 03:51 PM

I have a Fenix 3 HR. Love it. Just got texting/calling working (bit of a battery drain though).
    06-17-2016 04:39 PM
    I have a Fenix 3 HR. Love it. Just got texting/calling working (bit of a battery drain though).
    Biggest battery drain I've seen is custom watch faces. Most are battery hogs. Using Segment watchface and it's as light as the default watch faces.
    06-17-2016 10:35 PM
    X WF has been good for me. 11-13 days until I installed the SMS app. Now about half that.

06-17-2016 11:51 PM
    Anyone got their hands on an Otterbox Defender for this guy yet? I know it's big and bulky but could be worth the built in screen protector.

06-18-2016 05:31 PM
    I've been using a Speck CandyShell from early on. Before now, I would go with no case at all. But the Speck has been good to me and doesn't really add much bulk. I still pocket my device. I don't really run into any major issues in terms of screen damage, but maybe I lead a pampered life. LOL
    06-18-2016 11:01 PM
    I've been using a Speck CandyShell from early on. Before now, I would go with no case at all. But the Speck has been good to me and doesn't really add much bulk. I still pocket my device. I don't really run into any major issues in terms of screen damage, but maybe I lead a pampered life. LOL
    I started out with the Speck Candyshell. Was too thick, for my tastes. Switched to the Incipio thin case and like it better.
    06-18-2016 11:51 PM
1,609 ... 4445464748 ...