Samsung GS7edge - Verizon Users Thread

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
My kids heard the ice cream truck they stalked him on the corners of the block!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20160612_173438.jpg
    20160612_173438.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 50

mab4285

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
So I'm hoping to become a Verizon S7 Edge user once my local store gets black ones back in stock (sorry...I'm done with Sprint. Why did I think that was a good idea in the first place?). How has battery life been for y'all?

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
So I'm hoping to become a Verizon S7 Edge user once my local store gets black ones back in stock (sorry...I'm done with Sprint. Why did I think that was a good idea in the first place?). How has battery life been for y'all?

Search the main page of AC forum for s7/s7e battery life.
There will be tips on how to improve the battery life as well.

mab4285

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Search the main page of AC forum for s7/s7e battery life.
There will be tips on how to improve the battery life as well.

I've done that. Nothing recent on Verizon specific battery life, plenty on Sprint and T-mobile with recent software updates. Only March. And I know the tips. I'm asking how YOUR battery life has been.

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I've done that. Nothing recent on Verizon specific battery life, plenty on Sprint and T-mobile with recent software updates. Only March. And I know the tips. I'm asking how YOUR battery life has been.

Im not overly impressed with it, I have the edge, and leave the power saving mode on all the time.
Avg for me would be about 15 hours without power saving mode, with it I can get over a day.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

Depends on my day sometimes I can get 2 days out of it and sometimes 6 hrs depends on my usage. I assume also I would get way better service if I was near a city and I didn't have to fight with signal. But I find its great battery Quick charging. Love the black!

Posted via the Android Central App

mab4285

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm always one that says, if I can get through from unplugging around 6:30am to going to bed around 10:30/11, I'm good. There are times where I'd love to go T-Mobile, but Verizon really does have the best coverage where I live. Plus, after employee discount, it's not that much of a difference in price (maybe $5 before taxes/fees).

Thanks!

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm rather disappointed in my battery life, but only because I'm a powerhouse user on days I don't work, which is about 3 out of 4 days of the week. But my Edge has never left me high and dry when I do manage to rein myself in.

Ode to a powerhouse user.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
No power user, here. I use the phone mainly for chatting with the wife. Occasional browsing, looking up stuff while standing (or laying) underneath/in front of a reactor for parts, etc...

Old eyes. I hate using the phone in the first place. If there's a computer close by, I'll use that. Was a completely different story, before 40yrs of age. That's 7yrs long gone, now.

I get anywhere from 1-3 days on a charge. If I have one of my watches attached, about 2 days. Without watch...I can get 3 days if I'm busy at work. Just depends on the day.

By far, getting much better battery performance over my previous phone (Note 2). Have always had a healthy battery in that one, too.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Interesting thing. Usually my battery is around 80% or lower by noon with low usage. Last night i disabled the always on display. Right now my charge is at 75% which is more than 8 hours later than usual. I have used my phone less today, but this is a huge improvement. Will see how tomorrow goes.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
What the Hel l are you guys doing??? This isn't a battery thread.... HAHAHAH jk

I would give you my battery observations, but I am and extremely heavy user... with a few work apps (that have always drained my phones) and a poor signal at work. On weekends I usually get thru the day easily and could probably make 2 but I pop it in the wireless charger over night. Battery life will be so different on case by case basis. I use my phone differently in a different signal area with different screen needs than you do. What I can tell you is that this phone gets at least 20-30% better life than my Note 5 did.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
My dang Bluetooth is being a pain in the butt today. I've been trying to sync my Vivofit and match my LG wireless headphones all day and they refuse to.

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
My dang Bluetooth is being a pain in the butt today. I've been trying to sync my Vivofit and match my LG wireless headphones all day and they refuse to.

I fiddled with some stuff on Package Disabler last night and I'm trying to recall what they were but I've been up for 36 hours and counting.

Wonder if you can sync two things to the phone, at once, via BT? Check the spec. Also, if it is supported ( I haven't checked because I don't need that functionality), try rebooting phone while both devices are off. Then boot each one, waiting to ensure connectivity before booting the next one.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Wonder if you can sync two things to the phone, at once, via BT? Check the spec. Also, if it is supported ( I haven't checked because I don't need that functionality), try rebooting phone while both devices are off. Then boot each one, waiting to ensure connectivity before booting the next one.

You can connect more than one Bluetooth device at a time

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Rebooted and my Vivofit still ignored my mad pleas to sync. Took it off my wrist, set it to sync and set it down next to my phone on the night stand and it synced, albeit incredibly slower than it has since I bought it.

Maybe it's just having a temper tantrum.

P.S. my headphones were dead, which explains a lot. Don't hate me.