05-05-2017 04:54 PM
1,609 ... 5758596061 ...
tools
    I think we need a Nougat VZ thread. Titled "Where Is My Nougat VZ?"
    We probably won't see it until May (I'm just guessing).
    01-21-2017 03:42 PM
    Hopefully Verizon won't deal with Nougat for S7E like they handle the Blackberry updates..... We could be waiting until December 2017.
    01-21-2017 10:13 PM
    Hopefully Verizon won't deal with Nougat for S7E like they handle the Blackberry updates..... We could be waiting until December 2017.
    Ditto
    01-31-2017 01:17 PM
    Anybody moving to the s8? I haven't fully decided
    01-31-2017 01:18 PM
    I don't have any plans to move to the S8. Unless they have another buy one get one deal.
    01-31-2017 01:19 PM
    Not moving to the S8. I bought my S7E as a stop gap phone to get me by until the Note 8 comes out. But I'm not so sure now. The S7E has really surprised and impressed me. If it had an S-pen, I'd be in heaven.
    01-31-2017 02:46 PM
    I think we need a Nougat VZ thread. Titled "Where Is My Nougat VZ?"
    It takes time to add bloatware and more importantly, to remove features included with the stock OS. Patience...They need extra time for the extra gimping.
    BBSeattle and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    01-31-2017 04:16 PM
    Why don't you all just install the Beta software? Its been perfectly stable for me. And no credentials check for wireless tethering! I'm loving it
    01-31-2017 07:45 PM
    Why don't you all just install the Beta software? Its been perfectly stable for me. And no credentials check for wireless tethering! I'm loving it
    Where can we get it?
    02-01-2017 05:51 AM
    Where can we get it?
    https://www.google.com/amp/amp.andro...y-beta-program

Unfortunately it appears the option to register for the beta program is over.
    02-01-2017 06:11 AM
    My two cents on a few things:

Nougat and When? - I can only hope that Big Red gets off their bums and gets it out to their users ASAP. But I have stopped asking. I get garbage answers or some jerk posts a link from 3 months ago that has no bearing on the situation. Samsung has Nougat - presumably Verizon has their variant for testing - it has a lot of great new features that people are chomping at the bit to get their hands on - but hey - like any carrier - let's sit on it until we feel like it!

S8? - After the Note 7 fiasco, I will probably wait until the end of 2017 - possibly 2018 - to see IF Samsung brings a S8 Note to the table, and only after AFTER it has been in the field without issues.

Nougat Beta - Verizon cut off customers from participating in the Nougat Beta Program, I think after the second or third release to Beta testers? I do not know of any sites that have the Beta firmware - but the lucky ones that got into the program before Verizon cut ties with the Beta Program love the Beta of Nougat and swear by it - thus fueling the flames of "gimme gimme gimme gimme!".
    02-01-2017 09:02 AM
    If I wipe my phone, how difficult would it be to restore everything? Is there an app, Verizon website etc., that would help? I've had it since last March and it seems to be slowing down. I've cleaned out the cache and unused programs. Thanks.
    02-01-2017 09:44 AM
    If I wipe my phone, how difficult would it be to restore everything? Is there an app, Verizon website etc., that would help? I've had it since last March and it seems to be slowing down. I've cleaned out the cache and unused programs. Thanks.
    I just take screenshots of all of my programs, and then download an SMS backup app for my texts and call logs. Otherwise, the majority of my apps all back up into Google or the cloud, so I just have to log in to get all the information back. It's not really that bad IMO.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    02-01-2017 10:01 AM
    You can get it on XDA. I manually installed it as I was late for the beta. I have it and it's great. I think posting links is against the rules but it's pretty easy to find
    02-01-2017 05:36 PM
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/ver...-beta-t3497046

Not looking to upset anyone but that's the link to the beta
    02-01-2017 05:38 PM
    My only concern about using a beta firmware is using 3rd-party software to install it. That being said, I understand it is a necessary evil.

But I think the underlying statement about Nougat rolling out to carrier branded phones is that it is taking a ridiculous amount of time, users are left in the dark as to when and why they are being made to wait, they are tired of BS generic answers from carriers AND Samsung, and to top it all off, pretty much the rest of the world has it, but the USA doesn't.

If Nougat is such an improvement over Marshmallow, and Samsung's new UI is so damned awesome...why make users wait? While everyone else is enjoying a better experience, Samsung and the carriers (whomever is to blame) are actually upsetting users that don't have it - not making them want it more - making them want to jump to a Pixel C, Pixel XL, or god forbid an iPhone because their updates aren't up to the carrier...
    02-03-2017 11:52 AM
    My question is this? Why the anger over a software update? What is there about Nougat that you simply have to have. What can you do with it that you can not do with the current version?
    Shamshi-Adad and BBSeattle like this.
    02-04-2017 07:15 AM
    My question is this? Why the anger over a software update? What is there about Nougat that you simply have to have. What can you do with it that you can not do with the current version?
    Because we have bought into the notion that if we don't have the latest and greatest, we're missing out! Got to get it NOW! Certainly Nougat will bring some nice upgrades but frankly given Verizon/Samsung update history, I doubt we'll see the update until a month or so after the release of the s8. That way we'll upgrade a perfectly fine phone just to have the latest.
    Shamshi-Adad and BBSeattle like this.
    02-04-2017 07:24 AM
    I think it's more so that every other device gets the update much sooner. I personally like having the latest and greatest on my device. Majority of software updates include "enhancements." Don't you want to use an updated phone with the latest and greatest enhancements?

For instance on nougat, you can reply to new messages right from the notification panel. You can delete individual emails from a list of them in the notification panel. It's enhancements like this that I've used on the pixel and find very very handy. Not having this on the s7 edge now makes me feel like I'm using an outdated device now. I've gone back to my pixel. The software experience on that phone is incredible
    02-04-2017 07:27 AM
    I used to be that way too being mad about updates never come especially because I have Verizon. I tried iOS for a while and generally prefer it except I need Android for some work related stuff. I came to realize it's more about the apps you use then about the experience of the operating system. The operating system can make your phone terrible but if your phone is great it's because of the content on the phone not the os
    02-04-2017 07:36 AM
    I think the update to Nougat is actually pretty awesome. The main thing is the inline replys. As long as Samsung continues to give me the option of a beta, they can take as long as they want. I'll be getting the S8 anyway so I'll have it soon enough. I'm on the Verizon s7 edge nougat beta that I installed off of XDA. It's great.
    02-04-2017 08:18 AM
    Pretty moon!!
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung GS7edge - Verizon Users Thread-3481.jpg  
    docbill likes this.
    02-11-2017 08:12 AM
    Verizon, where is my Nougat?
    02-12-2017 03:02 PM
    On your pixel
    02-12-2017 05:18 PM
    On your pixel
    Sold my Pixel XL 2 weeks ago. Finally did it. I think I'm less of a crazy guy with one daily driver.

What a battle that was between s7 edge and Pixel XL. Crazy
    02-12-2017 06:31 PM
1,609 ... 5758596061 ...