Samsung GS7edge - Verizon Users Thread

Gweezel

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Is is just me, or has Samsung still not fixed the "Unfortunately TouchWiz has stopped" bug that has existed on all my phones since the Note 3?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm only part-way through this thread, but I have to add a few things while I'm catching up. First, holy sheet balls! Thank you for the tip on Textra. That's what I wanted. As for SD cards, I was dealing with constant notifications about unexpected removals, checking for errors, now available, etc. I had used my SD in another device. I went and got a new one, plopped it into the SIM tray, formatted, and copied everything over using my PC. So far, no problems or notifications.

I think the SIM notifications bug goes away when you format you card on the phone. Not 100% sure, but I read somewhere that it will fix it.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am trying something I read somewhere. I am turning off the edge feeds. it is the one where you swipe the edge when the display is off. They say it uses a lot of battery since the edge has to respond to touch. Maybe that is what is eating some battery for you guys when you have a lot of sleep drain? you can turn off he lighting too.... if you have you phone turned over a lot and get a lot of notifications, but I never do so I doubt it is using much battery..

Settings > Edge screen > Edge feeds

View attachment 221357

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I think the SIM notifications bug goes away when you format you card on the phone. Not 100% sure, but I read somewhere that it will fix it.

I formatted the microsd card on my phone and only see the notification when I reboot. I did the same in my wife's phone, but hers pops up periodically. The only difference is that she doesn't have the edge.

Hey guys,

I am trying something I read somewhere. I am turning off the edge feeds. it is the one where you swipe the edge when the display is off. They say it uses a lot of battery since the edge has to respond to touch. Maybe that is what is eating some battery for you guys when you have a lot of sleep drain? you can turn off he lighting too.... if you have you phone turned over a lot and get a lot of notifications, but I never do so I doubt it is using much battery..

Settings > Edge screen > Edge feeds

View attachment 221357

I disabled all of the Edge features with PDP. I didn't really use them and I mainly got the edge for the larger screen. I did notice better battery life after disabling it.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm new to verizon so I've submitted for the S2 watch/VR gear, two junk phones for $100 each, and the buy one get one once I Verizon mails me my installment agreement. And it looks like they already credited me the $100 for each new line. So this is working out to be a great deal.

$400 in account credits
$672 gift card for second line
S2 watch and a VR gear (if prize logic doesn't cheap out on us)

Not sure you know the answer to this but on Verizon they are showing phone ship by 4/1 for the bogo it has to be purchased by the 31st does the purchase date count from the day you order or ship?

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
You mean you're using Google Voice with your Verizon phone number or your google voice phone number? Everyone has my verizoin number. Is there a way I can use google voice so I don't have to dial my verizon voicemail everytime someone leaves me a message?

I use Google Voice as a VM service. Gives you speech to text and you can check voicemails using the app which is convenient. Just do a Google search for "Use google voice on verizon" or something along those lines and it should populate lots of information to get you going.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Not sure you know the answer to this but on Verizon they are showing phone ship by 4/1 for the bogo it has to be purchased by the 31st does the purchase date count from the day you order or ship?

Nevermind... Goes from order date... Called big red... Ordered second edge as a new line for son... Wow! What a deal!

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I use Google Voice as a VM service. Gives you speech to text and you can check voicemails using the app which is convenient. Just do a Google search for "Use google voice on verizon" or something along those lines and it should populate lots of information to get you going.

He's alive!

Nevermind... Goes from order date... Called big red... Ordered second edge as a new line for son... Wow! What a deal!

That's what i was thinking since the dates started on the preorder date.

soboness5

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about getting a watch screen protector. I have this big fear of banging it on a wall or door frame or something.
I bought the skinomi protector for the S2 classic on amazon when I got my s2 months ago. I only used 3 of the pieces - the back (I've installed a metal band so was paranoid about it scratching the back glass material), the main glass, and the circular bezel. I've whacked it a few times and am glad I have it on there. I think the bezel would be more likely to show dings...but who knows. The watch is great - I have the bluetooth version and wear it daily.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
He's alive!

That's what i was thinking since the dates started on the preorder date.

Yes! Work has got me swamped and I'm sleeping about 3 hours a day... AND I'm leaving on a business trip tomorrow... arg. Leaving the house at 5AM to get to the airport is always lovely...

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
We thought you abandoned us

Posted via the Android Central App

NEVER! Since I'm out for world domination, whether I am your supreme leader on AC or when I'm finally successful and rule the world, you will always be one of my minions.

Boo hoo ..... The life of a dictator. Lol #SafeTravels

Indeed, boohoo... Have to say the battery life on the phone is spectacular. SOT is around 4.5 hours and I'm on the phone for a good 6 hours a day talking to folks using my BT headset.

If you guys are bored, try installing the Samsung Browser on your phone. Here's the info:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge/652796-samsung-internet-browser-verizon.html

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
NEVER! Since I'm out for world domination, whether I am your supreme leader on AC or when I'm finally successful and rule the world, you will always be one of my minions.

Indeed, boohoo... Have to say the battery life on the phone is spectacular. SOT is around 4.5 hours and I'm on the phone for a good 6 hours a day talking to folks using my BT headset.

If you guys are bored, try installing the Samsung Browser on your phone. Here's the info:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge/652796-samsung-internet-browser-verizon.html

Whew thought we lost you to the real world! I'm going to look into the browser. I am a chrome junkie is it all that much better?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Says not compatible for my phone as well :( guess I'll have to wait

Booo...

jim_carrey_as_scrooge_in_a_christmas_carol.jpg

Whew thought we lost you to the real world! I'm going to look into the browser. I am a chrome junkie is it all that much better?

On a Samsung phone, the stock browser blows everything else out of the water. You can also integrate ad blocking apps directly to the browser. Sweeeeeeeet.