Samsung GS7edge - Verizon Users Thread

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Got my approval today. Strange part, is I paid full price for the phone and I was not suppose to be eligible. I applied for it anyway. Apparently Samsung doesn't care.

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 8.57.42 PM.png

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Question - Can you pay a Verizon bill online with a Visa GC?

That's the hangup I have. No matter how you divide it up, for 2 S7 Edges you still eventually have to pay Verizon just shy of $1,600 plus taxes, fees and service for at least 6 months on the one line you can cancel. For that they will, at some point a month or two from now send you a GC worth the price of one. To me a GC is not the same as a statement credit or cash! If you can take the card, pay off the line and just leave it active for 6 months it is a solid deal.

Well I already bought one... So yes I'll give Verizon the taxes and 6 months line access for another... And any visa gift card I have ever had worked just like a credit card so you should be able to use it wherever visa is accepted including Verizon.... If not I'll use it to pay other things and pay Verizon out of my pocket... Either way you can't lose... Especially if you already happily bought one on pre order.... But to each there own....

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge

Last edited:

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if I can use the extras they sent me?

Posted via the Android Central App

Your situation is a little complicated but the promo is pretty cut and dry, Upgrade one line and add one line or start 2 new lines, both phones need to be on dpp...

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Your situation is a little complicated but the promo is pretty cut and dry, Upgrade one line and add one line or start 2 new lines, both phones need to be on dpp...

I would open 2 lines do the minimum needed then close them out in 6 months right?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Both of mine say:
Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipping Date estimate: Pending

I have no idea what i was approved for though. I submitted both as the watch but confirmation emails said vr. When i called they said one was vr and one was a watch. It's a mystery.

My watch says this now.

And I paid full price as well.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Hoping I get my email confirmations on these today. Hoping for at least one watch.

In other news Verizon has already credited me for transferring two lines and trading in two old junker phones I had. Starting balance is -$400.00 :)
Throw in an S2 (hopefully), a VR, and the bogo. I'm one happy camper.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I would open 2 lines do the minimum needed then close them out in 6 months right?

that sounds right.. just give customer care a call if you are concerned... they seem to be on the ball with this promo at least, guy i talked to was great about it and assured me using my pre-ordered s7edge as the first purchase would work fine, he also said you can do up to FIVE! rebates per account... not sure if i want to push that but wow.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon