Samsung GS7edge - Verizon Users Thread

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
It was fascinating, but I haven't tried it again. It got extremely hot, very quickly.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone with a Verizon S7 Edge gotten it to work with Android Auto? They mentioned in the review that they couldn't get their Verizon S7 to work with Android Auto and I want to know that's still the case.

Posted via the Android Central App

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
It was fascinating, but I haven't tried it again. It got extremely hot, very quickly.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

It's because the SuperAMOLED and sunlight brightness settings I think, happens on my note edge

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone with a Verizon S7 Edge gotten it to work with Android Auto? They mentioned in the review that they couldn't get their Verizon S7 to work with Android Auto and I want to know that's still the case.

Mine works, with one extra step. When I plug the USB into the phone, I have to switch the USB mode to MTP from charging mode. Pretty quick to do, I can click right from the notification shade when I plug in, not that annoying, hopefully will be fixed eventually with an update. My phone then eventually auto switches back into charging mode (don't know why, and I can't seem to make MTP the default either), but AA is still connected and working throughout the drive.

The first days after I got the phone, when the phone switched back to charging mode, AA would freeze. After reading some, I tried the advice of plugging the USB directly into the back of the head unit rather than using the car's USB port and now it works just fine. This is with a Pioneer 4100-NEX, other cars/models may not work the same.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Hang in there, you'll be in Florida before you know it.

The work before Florida is awful! One 12 hr shift left. Pack and cleaning the whole family (partly done) Friday wedding dress rehearsal Saturday wedding Sunday fly out!

What's the weather looking like?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The work before Florida is awful! One 12 hr shift left. Pack and cleaning the whole family (partly done) Friday wedding dress rehearsal Saturday wedding Sunday fly out!

What's the weather looking like?

It has been hot except for last night and today. It was in the high 40s this morning.. It's beautiful out right now though.

Attachments

• 1459783049807.jpg
    1459783049807.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 58

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
a80028871cb29789105b1ded3270f69b.jpg

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Question: with the new upgrade program with the s7/edge Verizon is offering, can I come off of an edge program (started in Dec 2014/Jan 2015) and upgrade to the s7 edge with the upgrade plan? And can I then upgrade to a different phone when it's up or only to the s8 (or whatever it will be)? Thanks :D

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Question: with the new upgrade program with the s7/edge Verizon is offering, can I come off of an edge program (started in Dec 2014/Jan 2015) and upgrade to the s7 edge with the upgrade plan? And can I then upgrade to a different phone when it's up or only to the s8 (or whatever it will be)? Thanks :D

Yup - I "edged up" or early upgraded from my Droid Turbo bought in Oct 2014 and got an S7 Edge, and I have the new annual upgrade option on my account.

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site

I believe the upgrade is to the next model of Sammy phone, not a general upgrade, after you have paid off half the phone. That's going forward from the S7. Not sure what hoops you have to jump through to get to the S7.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I believe the upgrade is to the next model of Sammy phone, not a general upgrade, after you have paid off half the phone. That's going forward from the S7. Not sure what hoops you have to jump through to get to the S7.

Actually it allows you to upgrade to "the newest device" after 50% payoff. It does not specify that you must upgrade to a Galaxy phone. Only the S7 and Edge are the phones allowing you to get in on this though.

EDIT - I take that back. After re-reading the fine print, the phone you upgrade to must qualify for annual upgrade as well, and as of today the only phones that this would work on are: iPhone® 6s, iPhone® 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.

So I guess we'll see whatever phone VZW wants us to have in a year haha.

Death Roe

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have a screen protector on their edge?

I have this weird thing going on with my Zagg, had to replace it already via warranty, and am waiting on ANOTHER replacement!

I don't know if it's how the way my Otterbox Commuter fits on the phone, but the top left and bottom right edges of the screen protector are coming off the screen. I have no clue how this is happening because I've had the protector put on professionally both times already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463