Samsung GS7edge - Verizon Users Thread

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone else have a screen protector on their edge?

I have this weird thing going on with my Zagg, had to replace it already via warranty, and am waiting on ANOTHER replacement!

I don't know if it's how the way my Otterbox Commuter fits on the phone, but the top left and bottom right edges of the screen protector are coming off the screen. I have no clue how this is happening because I've had the protector put on professionally both times already.

I have the Zagg that big red sells at the store on my edge, once it healed and the bubbles vanished, its been ok. Use 3 different cases with no issues.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I have this weird thing going on with my Zagg, had to replace it already via warranty, and am waiting on ANOTHER replacement!

I don't know if it's how the way my Otterbox Commuter fits on the phone, but the top left and bottom right edges of the screen protector are coming off the screen. I have no clue how this is happening because I've had the protector put on professionally both times already.

I also have a Zagg HD on mine. Almost all 4 corners have came up but I just take off the case and press it back down with the squeegee they give u in the package. Sucks I gotta do it every couple of days but it looks brand new when I'm done. I'm thinking about going naked but scared too from all the stories of scratches.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I also have a Zagg HD on mine. Almost all 4 corners have came up but I just take off the case and press it back down with the squeegee they give u in the package. Sucks I gotta do it every couple of days but it looks brand new when I'm done. I'm thinking about going naked but scared too from all the stories of scratches.

I've been relatively careful with mine and rock it naked. No scratches I can see and I've owned and used it since the 9th of March.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

I have this one til a good glass come out. No issues with cases or coming up

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 433.jpg
    433.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 101

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Pay is pretty awesome :cool:.

Agreed. I find it works pretty well. Helpful hint - If you are at a store where swiping or putting your chip-based card in the reader early is normal or even encouraged (grocery stores, Target, etc) don't! It does not have the ability to authenticate and then wait for a total. I'm so used to swiping as soon as the cashier starts ringing up, I completely screwed things up a couple times because it authorizes just the running total within a couple seconds. It basically closes out what has been rung up at that point! Cashiers do not find it amusing trying to figure out what you already paid for and starting over.....

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I understand what you're saying. Strangely though, I tapped my Samsung Pay at the very beginning of a large number of items at BJs. When the cashier was done, she saw I had tapped the phone early and started to tell me to do it again, but then it all went through (the whole purchase), then she said, "Oh, that's strange. Is that a Samsung? So much better than Apple. When customers tap their iPhones early they always have to re-tap at the end because it doesn't stay authorized. Your phone is better."

Amen, sister.

So either the cashier did something differently or BJs register does something differently.

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Actually it allows you to upgrade to "the newest device" after 50% payoff. It does not specify that you must upgrade to a Galaxy phone. Only the S7 and Edge are the phones allowing you to get in on this though.

EDIT - I take that back. After re-reading the fine print, the phone you upgrade to must qualify for annual upgrade as well, and as of today the only phones that this would work on are: iPhone® 6s, iPhone® 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.

So I guess we'll see whatever phone VZW wants us to have in a year haha.

Fair enough.. I'm up for a free upgrade around August/September so I guess I'll hold off and just see what my options are then.. heck I'm currently using a droid maxx with cm13 😂😂 it's surprising how well older phones with custom roms hold up. My LG G2 is still amazing :D both are overall better than my note edge IMO lol

xspiritdannyx

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone get Android Auto to work with the s7 edge? I'm having trouble connecting the phone to my Audi Q7 MMI. When I connect my phone I can see the android auto app start in the background but nothing happens on the phone or the car screen. I get a crash report on the auto app after I disconnect the cable. The technicians in the service department says its a phone problem and can't do anything about it. It's driving me crazy!! I'm taking my car on a spring break trip with the roomies in a few days and was looking forward to the google maps & spotify integration for the long drive :((( If anyone got theirs to work, please let me know, i'm desperate lol

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I had the zagg on mine as well. After the first one peeled up I got a replacement. When the second one did the I decided to just go without.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How is it holding on to guys? I got rid of my s6 edge because the double bevel felt too thin to me.

They fixed the weird feel with the previous edge phones. I would suggest checking one out at a store and you will notice a difference immediately :).

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up my Verizon S7 Edge today, coming from an iPhone 6s Plus. First thing is I love is that it has the same size screen in a smaller package. I was also nervous about getting Android Auto to work but I was able to get it connected with no problems. So far, so good. Now we'll see how long I can go without iMessage.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Ever since I got the last security update my doze is taking 10% at night. I took off apps reset it and it's still doing it. Gsam isn't showing much of why either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke