Samsung GS7edge - Verizon Users Thread

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey, Has anyone tried to switch from Verizon to another carrier with the S7 Edge? I tried to today and Sprint said they couldn't?
Since you are Verizon now, you know all of their phones are unlocked, you can use them on most other carrier, except Sprint.

I tested my Verizon S7E with AT&T and T-mobile, but Sprint will not work. Plan to test will Straight Talk later in the month.

reasonsbane

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Since you are Verizon now, you know all of their phones are unlocked, you can use them on most other carrier, except Sprint.

I tested my Verizon S7E with AT&T and T-mobile, but Sprint will not work. Plan to test will Straight Talk later in the month.

Thanks a bunch!! I figured as much, its really annoying since they're both CDMA ...I'm assuming its because of monetary reasons that Sprint doesn't take Verizon gs7edge

wu-wei

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
All carriers seem to find a way to make everything proprietary. Sure Sprint and VZW are technically both CDMA. But they're just "that much" different that devices won't work across them. Kinda like how VZW has somehow gained control over FM radio. Ah, the magic of North American cellular wizardry.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
For those of you that got the recent update, Verizon snuck that damn DT Ignite bloatware app that automatically downloads apps to your phone if it's brand new out of the box or if you do a factory reset. The apps it downloads are able to be disabled, but I disabled DT Ignite all the same.

Read it on the Verge.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
For those of you that got the recent update, Verizon snuck that damn DT Ignite bloatware app that automatically downloads apps to your phone if it's brand new out of the box or if you do a factory reset. The apps it downloads are able to be disabled, but I disabled DT Ignite all the same.

Read it on the Verge.

Thank you

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It's out of contract, so it should stay at $20.

I think they only do $40 still for two year contracts.

Yes, that's my understanding and my experience, as well.

On my account I have 4 phones. 2 are currently on payment plans and have $20 per line access fees. Another is off contract and is also $20. The fourth line is on a 2 year contract and has a $40 access fee.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks!

I was thinking I saw somewhere if you bought a phone outright and put it on the share plan it was $40, but payment plan phones were $20.

Just pondering if I'll be paying one of the phones off after we get the bogo rebate card.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Thanks!

I was thinking I saw somewhere if you bought a phone outright and put it on the share plan it was $40, but payment plan phones were $20.

Just pondering if I'll be paying one of the phones off after we get the bogo rebate card.

any word on your bogo yet?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!

While I can't say for certain, I'm pretty sure that a paid-in-full phone is $20. As I said above, the fully paid phone on my account is $20.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
any word on your bogo yet?

After going back and forth with them several times and calling Verizon, they finally have what they need from me. My rebate amount went up to $0.01 as well. They said to wait 15 days, which was up a couple days ago. Maybe they meant business days, which is Friday.

While I can't say for certain, I'm pretty sure that a paid-in-full phone is $20. As I said above, the fully paid phone on my account is $20.

Thanks!

kimelle

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Original promo said 45 days. We are well beyond that. The email I received on 4/13 said will issue after confirmation of required service.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Is there a specific SD card you'd recommend for your S7E? I'm headed out to buy one soon as I realize I haven't bought one yet, and am slowly filling up my phone after two concerts and a wedding this last month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463