Samsung GS7edge - Verizon Users Thread

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
So....loving all of the beach and food pics, but I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with MMS messages? I keep telling my husband that it is because I am trying to send pics to his iPhone on a different carrier, but it isn't only happening with him. I can send the messages, and it says sent...but never gets delivered. It is hit and miss with my son's phone who is also on Verizon and his GF's phone who is on Cricket. It started up a few days ago and even a factory reset hasn't fixed the problem. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
So....loving all of the beach and food pics, but I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with MMS messages? I keep telling my husband that it is because I am trying to send pics to his iPhone on a different carrier, but it isn't only happening with him. I can send the messages, and it says sent...but never gets delivered. It is hit and miss with my son's phone who is also on Verizon and his GF's phone who is on Cricket. It started up a few days ago and even a factory reset hasn't fixed the problem. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Yes I have issues with group messages for sure, using the VZW msg app, if I switch to the Samsung msg app its not a problem.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Yes I have issues with group messages for sure, using the VZW msg app, if I switch to the Samsung msg app its not a problem.

I have the same problem but with only ONE person that I actually need to be in contact with. He's using an iPhone on the AT&T network and our texts are hit and miss

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody with s7e still have VZW Nationwide 500 plan with unlimited data? I ask because I am curious if they charge you extra to turn on advanced calling features like wifi calling? Or VoLTE?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Picked this bad boy up from Verizon Corporate today. Was anxious because I thought it would be gigantic like typical Otterbox Defenders. They pulled it out of the box for me and to my surprise it's comparable, to me, a Commuter with a screen protector built in.

Oh! And when I walked in and tried to make for the cases unheeded I got stopped by two of my sales buddies who asked what I was shopping for. I told them and they go "oh sorry, Otterbox didn't make that one for the S7 Edge."

I reached casually over their shoulder and handed it to them and told them I'd take it. They were like kids in awe of fireworks.

Gonna get my phone cleaned up real well and give it a shot. 😊

1468000085571.jpg

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Picked this bad boy up from Verizon Corporate today. Was anxious because I thought it would be gigantic like typical Otterbox Defenders. They pulled it out of the box for me and to my surprise it's comparable, to me, a Commuter with a screen protector built in.

Oh! And when I walked in and tried to make for the cases unheeded I got stopped by two of my sales buddies who asked what I was shopping for. I told them and they go "oh sorry, Otterbox didn't make that one for the S7 Edge."

I reached casually over their shoulder and handed it to them and told them I'd take it. They were like kids in awe of fireworks.

Gonna get my phone cleaned up real well and give it a shot. 😊

View attachment 231758

Hope it works well! Are you still naked screens?

Posted via the Android Central App

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody with s7e still have VZW Nationwide 500 plan with unlimited data? I ask because I am curious if they charge you extra to turn on advanced calling features like wifi calling? Or VoLTE?

They do not charge extra. I still have the nationwide 900 with unlimited data. I use all the advanced calling options.They raised my data from $29 to $49 a month though. That's still not bad since i use anywhere from 13 - 21 gbs a month sometimes.

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
(S7 Edge Titanium)

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
They do not charge extra. I still have the nationwide 900 with unlimited data. I use all the advanced calling options.They raised my data from $29 to $49 a month though. That's still not bad since i use anywhere from 13 - 21 gbs a month sometimes.

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
(S7 Edge Titanium)
But the raise in data was unrelated ti your use of wifi calling right?

wu-wei

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if any of you folks are interested, but there are a few threads over at xda dealing with getting root on the S7edge. I haven't tried it yet, but I probably will soon.

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Have been following the Verizon forum over there for the S7 since I picked up this phone. They finally cracked it on July 4th. Will wait a month or so before I root, though.

csleverette

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
A little off topic minor vent. I loved watching Pokémon when my kids were little. Watching their excitement, sense of wonder, and mystery. However, I could use a little less coverage of the pokemon go game on the various tech sites like AC. That is all. :)

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
A little off topic minor vent. I loved watching Pokémon when my kids were little. Watching their excitement, sense of wonder, and mystery. However, I could use a little less coverage of the pokemon go game on the various tech sites like AC. That is all. :)

I've been quietly conquering the gym at the hospital I work at on my breaks since Monday. And I joined a group on FB. I agree that the media is slamming us with Pokémon Go.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red