Samsung GS7edge - Verizon Users Thread

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
My Monday is over. Working on my middle day of work tonight. Muhahaha. Ode to the 3 12 hour shifts.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

I worked all weekend!!! Lots of coffee. I have a random 8 hr shift with this beast this week

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20160716_105548.jpg
    20160716_105548.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 50

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having Bluetooth issues after the latest Verizon update? Since the update my phone won't connect to media files only call audio. Happens with my ford sync, headphones, and speakers.

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
(S7 Edge Titanium)

stang6790

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had no problems connecting to my bluetooth headphones yesterday. I got the update yesterday morning and used the headphones mowing grass in the evening.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
For you Verizon unlimited users (especially if you take advantage of Unlimited hotspot and use a lot of data) just FYI.

Verizon expected to crack down on unlimited customers using 'extraordinary amount of data' | Android Central

According to an update from Verizon this means...

These users are using data amounts well in excess of our largest plan size (100 GB). While the 100 GB plan is designed to be shared across multiple users, each line receiving notification to move to the new Verizon Plan is using well in excess of that on a single device.

Last edited:

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
It seems crazy to me that one individual would use more than 100gb a month. Still, they raised the price from 29 to 49 a month. There's no way Verizon is losing money. Not much longer till they force everyone that was Grandfeathered in to change

(S7 Edge Titanium)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It seems crazy to me that one individual would use more than 100gb a month. Still, they raised the price from 29 to 49 a month. There's no way Verizon is losing money. Not much longer till they force everyone that was Grandfeathered in to change

(S7 Edge Titanium)

Well I used to average 100+ GB .. I now use around 30-50 GB on my T-Mobile plan. Video does that. Verizon is still losing money if you think of it in the way they are which is ... That guy is paying $50 for unlimited where we could have him pay $450 for 100 GB. To them they see the $$ and that is it.

Most of those using 100+ Or even 1 TB+ were using it as home internet. Verizon offered unlimited hotspot for $30/month as an additional add-on to the plan so therefore people just decided to use that for home rather than use a real "landline" ISP. This is why unlimited plans from others (Cricket, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc. etc.) don't allow unlimited tether. They strictly say "unlimited phone data" because they don't want people to do this exact thing. Verizon is now tired of people doing this and since a lot of them aren't in a contract they say "Well... finally time to push them off". They tried taking away upgrades, upping the price, and now phase 3 is to just punt people off.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I see that you can buy unlocked S7 Edge for use on all US carriers. I read that WiFi calling does not seem to be available using the unlocked model on Verizon. Can someone tell me if Verizon Visual Voicemail works with the unlocked edition on Verizon?

Posted via Android Central App

CMYMUD

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having Bluetooth issues after the latest Verizon update? Since the update my phone won't connect to media files only call audio. Happens with my ford sync, headphones, and speakers.

(S7 Edge Titanium)

I've had Bluetooth dropping issues since day 1

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been a verizon wireless customer since 1992. Since I bought my note 4 a couple of years ago, the lies and deciet started,and hasn't stopped. Instead of boring you with all the tricks they started to pull, I'll just give you the last example. When my daughter got her new iphone, i noticed that my next bill was 40.00 higher than normal. This was for regular service and not a phone payment plan since I bought the phone outright. When i called customer service, they said that with a new device, you have a new contract. I explained that the new contract was for a length of time (2 years) and not an increase in the price of the plan. I made no changes. This was the first time, they tried this. I complained so much, they finally gave me credit, and lowered my bill to what it was. But imagine the people that dont pay attention to their bills? I currently have 5 smartphone lines. One is a backup that I rarely use so im going to cancel that line and use the number to search out another carrier. So far 3 carriers said theyed give me 30 day 300 minutes, 300 texts, and 1 gig of data to try them out. I'll let you know what I decide in a few months. As I said, I'm not unhappy with the service, just the BS they've started.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I've been a verizon wireless customer since 1992. Since I bought my note 4 a couple of years ago, the lies and deciet started,and hasn't stopped. Instead of boring you with all the tricks they started to pull, I'll just give you the last example. When my daughter got her new iphone, i noticed that my next bill was 40.00 higher than normal. This was for regular service and not a phone payment plan since I bought the phone outright. When i called customer service, they said that with a new device, you have a new contract. I explained that the new contract was for a length of time (2 years) and not an increase in the price of the plan. I made no changes. This was the first time, they tried this. I complained so much, they finally gave me credit, and lowered my bill to what it was. But imagine the people that dont pay attention to their bills? I currently have 5 smartphone lines. One is a backup that I rarely use so im going to cancel that line and use the number to search out another carrier. So far 3 carriers said theyed give me 30 day 300 minutes, 300 texts, and 1 gig of data to try them out. I'll let you know what I decide in a few months. As I said, I'm not unhappy with the service, just the BS they've started.

I have also argued with them and got my bill down but unfortunately in BFE iowa vzw is the only choice i have

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Good morning everyone,

Hell month is over and I should be back in here bugging everyone. Hope you have all been well.

My vacation was nice :)

P_20160729_134349.jpgimage-20160729_114806.jpg

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Well... before vacation...was hell. LOL

Packed up over 11,000 boxes of files worked about 3 weeks 12 hours days straight and I didn't even do most of the heavy work but was still tired as hell.