Samsung GS7edge - Verizon Users Thread

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
LOL! You'd think a store rep would know the difference between an S7E and a Note 7!

In fact, I asked him. He thought for a second and said S7e, too. He was also visibly unhappy that I bought it from Best Buy for $49 with a 2yr plan and was insisting that it was going to cost me more than buying from Verizon with 24 payments of $33.
Meet with someone like him and can't help but wonder if these reps are dishonest or merely clueless.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Probably clueless. I've met some high school grads in stores that can't even do rudimentary math, like making change for a dollar if a computer screen doesn't tell them what the answer is. Sad state of affairs.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Use Samsung's Backup feature that Verizon is hiding from you.

If you would like to use Samsung's Backup/Restore instead of Verizon Cloud, you can do so by downloading QuickShortcutMaker and access the Personal Data Management activity. Create the shortcut and then add it to the Task Edge Panel so you can delete the shortcut off your homescreen.

I tried this and couldn't find the personal data management. I found the Samsung backup and restore but once I created a shortcut, it wouldn't do anything when I clicked it. Any ideas?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Where is my Nougat? Typing this from pixel xl on wifi only lol. S7 Edge has my SIM.
I thought the pixel was flushed down the toilet!!! Locked away my a**!!! Haha I threw mine on Swappa and it actually sold, so now I'm going through pixel withdrawals as I write this from my S7E patiently waiting for nougat

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I thought the pixel was flushed down the toilet!!! Locked away my a**!!! Haha I threw mine on Swappa and it actually sold, so now I'm going through pixel withdrawals as I write this from my S7E patiently waiting for nougat
Hahaha!

It's out for YouTube watching at home. Keeps my S7 Edge battery happy ;)