LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
It is here now. Right on schedule!

01d603d94f56df7b732194aa3c95ebd3.jpg

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The wipe/clean install is horsepucky. I've had a lot of phones and never did that after an upgrade with zero problems. Nougat just updated on my 7e and is working fine.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Is everyone going to just stick with the upgrade once it's done or a do a full wipe/clean install?

It is a not a requirement but it is good practice to do so, especially after a major upgrade. I will be doing a factory reset myself. It just eliminates any conflicts you could have with remnants from the old software.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Full factory reset seems wasteful. Honestly, best things to do are to install the update and then clear the App Cache and the System Cache. That's about it.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Does this update have the new Google Assistant in it?

Mine's still working. Did it include Google Assistant?
No Google Assistant. We're waiting on Google for that. They're doing their usual let's roll this out as slow as possible. They have to change it server side.
Is everyone going to just stick with the upgrade once it's done or a do a full wipe/clean install?
There's no real reason to wipe. If you have any issues, sure that's a good idea. However, I find that I never have the need.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Were you aware that secure folder was baked in to Verizon's Nougat build? There is an update for it in the Galaxy Apps store today just in case you do not have auto updates turned on in Galaxy Apps.