Samsung GS7edge - Verizon Users Thread

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reminder, but not seeing any benefit for this yet. Financial apps all have two-factor now, really need to add another layer? Not seeing something?
I do not use it myself. I guess it can be beneficial for using multiple accounts. I am not too familiar with its functions.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Quick question, if I buy the Verizon variant (not the unlocked version) directly from Samsung, can I just pop in my current sim from my iPhone 7 without having to call Verizon? I know I can buy directly from Verizon and do that, but I can get a free 128 GB memory card plus no tax direct from Samsung.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Quick question, if I buy the Verizon variant (not the unlocked version) directly from Samsung, can I just pop in my current sim from my iPhone 7 without having to call Verizon? I know I can buy directly from Verizon and do that, but I can get a free 128 GB memory card plus no tax direct from Samsung.

Yep. You just pop the SIM in and go.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Why Verizon why. This is so stupid. And you wonder why things take forever to roll out. It's because of crap like this that is totally not needed.

I guess these developers at VZ have nothing better to do.

Good news. Someone on Reddit pointed this out to me, but Verizon actually gave you the option to CHOOSE between styles. On the settings screen, clicking the ellipsis (3 dots) gives you the option to either choose a condensed list (new Samsung style) or the "classic" Galaxy style. When I upgraded (did not factory reset), all my settings from before were retained.

Verizon gets a point for this.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Good news. Someone on Reddit pointed this out to me, but Verizon actually gave you the option to CHOOSE between styles. On the settings screen, clicking the ellipsis (3 dots) gives you the option to either choose a condensed list (new Samsung style) or the "classic" Galaxy style. When I upgraded (did not factory reset), all my settings from before were retained.

I am glad they did that. Other variants do not have this option☺

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

I had no idea. Now that's something. I flipped back to the new style but I can honestly go either way. Thanks for sharing this tip.

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nouget killed foxfi on my s7 edge... is there any work around besides using the carrier hotspot. I'm on the old unlimited plan and used foxfi every once in a while. Sadly it stopped working after update.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
No work around as of yet. For this type of discussion you might want to find a site that allows you to talk about FoxFi is it prohibited on AC.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Nouget killed foxfi on my s7 edge... is there any work around besides using the carrier hotspot. I'm on the old unlimited plan and used foxfi every once in a while. Sadly it stopped working after update.

No work around as of yet. For this type of discussion you might want to find a site that allows you to talk about FoxFi is it prohibited on AC.

Clint is correct. If you have any questions -- please send me a PM.