Samsung GS7edge - Verizon Users Thread

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm enjoying it. Had the beta, but this is much more polished than the beta. No complaints except that you can't turn off heads up notifications without turning off vibrations and sound for it as well

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I am enjoying it a lot. I really like the AOD, notifications, battery life and overall experience. It is almost like getting a new phone.

marsneyb

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Got nougat last night and it's awesome... Seeing a bunch of features that my Note7 had... One thing I'm not big on is the theme for the drop down menu... Has anyone figured out how to change it? Still too early to see how battery is doing,I'll know after a couple days. Did 6.0 have the blue light filter? I don't remember seeing it before I upgraded, it was on the N7 and I liked it so I'm glad it's back(or glad I noticed it)

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Got nougat last night and it's awesome... Seeing a bunch of features that my Note7 had... One thing I'm not big on is the theme for the drop down menu... Has anyone figured out how to change it? Still too early to see how battery is doing,I'll know after a couple days. Did 6.0 have the blue light filter? I don't remember seeing it before I upgraded, it was on the N7 and I liked it so I'm glad it's back(or glad I noticed it)
If you apply a different theme from the theme store it will change the drop down menu, it will not change the notifications though.

The blue light filter was not in 6.0, it was added in 7.0.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Welp... I did it... Pre-ordered the S8+.... whoops

Pretty happy with the S7E but you know, latest and greatest. hahaha

Like $50 for taxes down and $25 per month on best buy. I am sure Big V will ding me for an upgrade fee on my bill too.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Welp... I did it... Pre-ordered the S8+.... whoops

Pretty happy with the S7E but you know, latest and greatest. hahaha

Like $50 for taxes down and $25 per month on best buy. I am sure Big V will ding me for an upgrade fee on my bill too.
Of course.. they don't want to miss the free money from the upgrade fee :p.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
In order to trade in my S7e on an S8, Verizon requires me to switch to an unlimited plan that has no provision for basic phones, they charge it as a smartphone, even though I use little data each month. Screw them.

US Cellular is offering an S8 for free (using account credits) but requires a lame insurance fee, didn't get far enough to see what they offered for a second line basic phone as their website locked up. Real quality.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
In order to trade in my S7e on an S8, Verizon requires me to switch to an unlimited plan that has no provision for basic phones, they charge it as a smartphone, even though I use little data each month. Screw them.

US Cellular is offering an S8 for free (using account credits) but requires a lame insurance fee, didn't get far enough to see what they offered for a second line basic phone as their website locked up. Real quality.
Trade in for only unlimited plan customers is actually BS. I have been a very long VZ customer, years, but this is pathetic.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was in a chat session discussing this. When I disagreed Jennifer 'hung up' on me and ended the session. Class support too. I'm going to look at T-Mobile and US Cellular. I've been with both in the past and may return based on Verizon's latest crap.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you on the annual upgrade plan and paid off half of your phone? If you have and they still require you to go unlimited that is total BS! That is not even part of the previous agreement you agreed to.

If I am misunderstanding, my bad!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz