05-05-2017 04:54 PM
1,609 123 ...
tools
    Thought this was a good idea, one of the other posters in the VZW pre-order thread thought of it.

Good place for tech support and assistance/tips relating to our Verizon service!
    03-11-2016 12:26 PM
    What bloatware has everyone disabled on their Verizon phones? I only disabled Messages+ so far, looking for some more suggestions.
    03-11-2016 12:27 PM
    I disabled everything Verizon except for voice mail, messages+, and my Verizon
    msnider23, AllynKC, hub1 and 2 others like this.
    03-11-2016 12:30 PM
    I disabled everything Samsung and Verizon and downloaded all the Google versions.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    03-11-2016 12:30 PM
    I disabled everything Samsung and Verizon and downloaded all the Google versions.

Like what? Any recommendations?
    03-11-2016 12:33 PM
    What bloatware has everyone disabled on their Verizon phones? I only disabled Messages+ so far, looking for some more suggestions.
    Funny, that's the one piece of Verizonware I don't disable. It's actually an excellent texting app.

I've disabled whatever the f**k 90Go is - or Go90, whatever it's called - the Ant+ radio and its friends (huge battery drain); Verizon Protect; Verizon Cloud; Samsung Gear (don't use any); Hancom Office; Google Play Music and the stock e-mail app. Can't access my phone right now, as it's powered off and sitting quietly while the Armorsuit screen protector seals and dries, but there were several other things I disabled that I cannot recall right now.
    dsandman87 and hub1 like this.
    03-11-2016 12:35 PM
    Like what? Any recommendations?
    Literally everything stock from Samsung. I downloaded the Clock, Calendar, Gmail apps.

The only thing I kept was Gallery.

Kicked out all the Verizon apps but Voicemail but may eventually make Google Voice my go to.

Disabled Messages+ because I like a clean feeling messaging experience, and downloaded Textra as I have for every Android device I've owned.

03-11-2016 12:44 PM
    SD card notification keeps popping up saying that I have an SD card in the phone. What gives with that?
    03-11-2016 01:02 PM
    SD card notification keeps popping up saying that I have an SD card in the phone. What gives with that?
    Always? I only see it after a restart. Once I dismiss the notification, it doesn't return until another restart.
    03-11-2016 01:08 PM
    Thought this was a good idea, one of the other posters in the VZW pre-order thread thought of it.

Good place for tech support and assistance/tips relating to our Verizon service!
    I completely understand.

I disabled everything from Verizon except My Verizon and login. Disabling login screws up My Verizon for me.

Funny, that's the one piece of Verizonware I don't disable. It's actually an excellent texting app.

I've disabled whatever the f**k 90Go is - or Go90, whatever it's called - the Ant+ radio and its friends (huge battery drain); Verizon Protect; Verizon Cloud; Samsung Gear (don't use any); Hancom Office; Google Play Music and the stock e-mail app. Can't access my phone right now, as it's powered off and sitting quietly while the Armorsuit screen protector seals and dries, but there were several other things I disabled that I cannot recall right now.
    You can just use it without anything bad happening. Bubbles always went away for me without letting it dry in the past. Hate the orange peel though.

Literally everything stock from Samsung. I downloaded the Clock, Calendar, Gmail apps.

Kicked out all the Verizon apps but Voicemail but may eventually make Google Voice my go to.

Disabled Messages+ because I like a clean feeling messaging experience, and downloaded Textra as I have for every Android device I've owned.

Google Voice is the way to go. So much better.

It'll go away on its own. I raged at that all day yesterday.
    03-11-2016 01:12 PM
    the Ant+ radio and its friends (huge battery drain);.
    I thought Ant+ was something important?
    03-11-2016 01:20 PM

oh man, I loooooooove the Samsung Calendar, to each their own, but it blows my mind someone wouldn't like it
    03-11-2016 01:22 PM
    Nope. It's just radio bloatware. I've never used it. Hell I haven't listened to local radio since MP3 on CD-R support for aftermarket CD players came out back in the early 2000s.
    03-11-2016 01:24 PM
    I disabled all of the Verizon bloat except Message+, My Verizon, and voicemail.
    03-11-2016 01:24 PM
    Always? I only see it after a restart. Once I dismiss the notification, it doesn't return until another restart.
    I've seen it twice in the past 24 hours with no restarts.

Christmas in March.

Samsung GS7edge - Verizon Users Thread-bundle01.jpg
    03-11-2016 01:31 PM
    Nope. It's just radio bloatware. I've never used it. Hell I haven't listened to local radio since MP3 on CD-R support for aftermarket CD players came out back in the early 2000s.
    Always thought it was for the cell radio vs. music radio...oops.
    03-11-2016 01:38 PM
    Always thought it was for the cell radio vs. music radio...oops.
    It just says radio and you can't disable one of the Ant+ processes with disabler pro so it makes sense you would think it's an important and vital process on the phone.

On a side note: Who can record 720p video @ 240fps? I don't see the option on my phone! Stupid Verizon(?).
    03-11-2016 01:40 PM
    oh man, I loooooooove the Samsung Calendar, to each their own, but it blows my mind someone wouldn't like it
    Love Google Calendar. Something about it is just mega functional for me.

03-11-2016 01:44 PM
    Checking in....
    03-11-2016 01:58 PM
    Like most I disabled all the Verizon stuff except Messages+ and MyVerizon, haven't done so with the Samsung stuff yet as I want to test it all out but probably will.

On a side note I highly recommend keeping Messages+ whither or not you use it, you can download the desktop app from verizon and read and send texts from your computer, quite nice I have found. Push Bullet and mySMS do the same but they aren't totally free and have a couple slightly annoying things if you just use the free version.
    03-11-2016 02:03 PM
    Well.... do you have one? Maybe the phone is just trying to be helpful and remind you!!
    03-11-2016 02:04 PM
    Someone find out how to record in 240fps! Go!
    03-11-2016 02:06 PM
    I disabled all of the Verizon bloat except Message+, My Verizon, and voicemail.
    Exactly the same here.
    03-11-2016 02:06 PM
    I normally don't like linking to Wiki, but they get the Ant+ description correct here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANT%2B
    KimJongOMG likes this.
    03-11-2016 02:12 PM
    Google Voice won't work for me. Anyone have a fix?
    03-11-2016 02:15 PM
1,609 123 ...