How do you get rid of WiFi Calling notification, T-Mo version?

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi Folks:

In the T-Mobile version, which supports voice over wifi, I was notified after boot up that this option is available and I should make a selection on how I want to use it.

I made that selection, but the notification won't go away. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Can you long press the notification? You might be able to turn off the notification there. Otherwise, you can use package disabler to disable that specific package, but only do so if it isn't otherwise detrimental to the system.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Can you long press the notification? You might be able to turn off the notification there. Otherwise, you can use package disabler to disable that specific package, but only do so if it isn't otherwise detrimental to the system.

Thanks. I just tried the long press it went to the WiFi Calling service notification settings. I turned off the only selected option, which was "Preview in pop-ups". Unfortunately it didn't do anything. Maybe I'll try to reboot.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Or - if you have good mobile network, you can turn off Wifi calling. On T-Mobile, turning off Wifi Calling and VoLTE will make your battery life much better.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Or - if you have good mobile network, you can turn off Wifi calling. On T-Mobile, turning off Wifi Calling and VoLTE will make your battery life much better.

Good to know. Thanks for the tip. The notification went away while I was out of the house and came back when I got back in, so I guess it's Samsung's way of informing me I'm on voice over wifi. The Nexus 6P just shows a small WiFi signal in the top area rather than taking up half an inch.

fabyloso

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have an answer to this yet? I've tried going into the app settings but had no luck disabling this ugly notification.

Delsigy

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. I just tried the long press it went to the WiFi Calling service notification settings. I turned off the only selected option, which was "Preview in pop-ups". Unfortunately it didn't do anything. Maybe I'll try to reboot.

Fibally figured it out.
Long press notification.
Click no permission to pop up like you did before.
THEN
Click little (i) button and disable pop ups again and force stop the app. It worked for me. I don't beleven it needs disabled, just forcenter stopped.

Had to make an account to hop with this tmobile.com wifi calling issue because it's a pain. (That is the only way I've been able to disable it)

Delsigy

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site

Hit the little (i) when you long press the notification pop up. Also unclick pop up for this. If needed force stop "wcf..." or dis able. Force stopping after unpoping both settings took it away while maintaining wifi calling feature...

It also revealed that wifi calling used 16% of my battery!!! I'm only at 17% after an 8m-2am day minimal use but still that's a lot for something I didn't really need on.

Please share this info with other tmobilers...

Any Samsung lab t-mobile fix yet

Last edited by a moderator:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Good to know. Thanks for the tip. The notification went away while I was out of the house and came back when I got back in, so I guess it's Samsung's way of informing me I'm on voice over wifi. The Nexus 6P just shows a small WiFi signal in the top area rather than taking up half an inch.

It's T-Mobile, not Samsung. My Sprint 7 Edge only shows a small icon when WiFi calling is enabled, similar to the 6P's.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi Folks:

In the T-Mobile version, which supports voice over wifi, I was notified after boot up that this option is available and I should make a selection on how I want to use it.

I made that selection, but the notification won't go away. Any ideas?

Hm weird .. What notification? I am going to test mine out and see what happens.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ah okay I remember now.. Yeah this is normal for T-Mobile. They keep the notification there I believe to remind people it will go over wifi.. But one could argue most know since they have the feature on.

Attachments

• 1459530138635.jpg
    1459530138635.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 26

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Ah okay I remember now.. Yeah this is normal for T-Mobile. They keep the notification there I believe to remind people it will go over wifi.. But one could argue most know since they have the feature on.

Thanks. I actually turned off wifi calling for now. When I'm overseas or in a bad coverage area, I'll turn it back on.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Would you lose simultaneous voice and data? That is the main feature that could make me switch to t-mobile

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ya I wouldn't want to make wifi calls from a public network.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So no matter how phone settings are set as long as you have data signal you get simultaneous voice and data? Sorry I don't know what hspa means.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781