So i'm new to android, coming from ios since my first smartphone. I'm looking at other people's battery life screenshots and nobody is using anywhere near as much android system as i am. can somebody help me troubleshoot this?
    also, clean master shouldn't be taking this much battery, should it?

Help me fix my battery life-screenshot_20160311-142701.jpg
    03-11-2016 05:26 PM
    Clean Master isn't needed. It actually does a lot more harm than good. It is good for Android to fill up the RAM versus trying to keep it empty.
    03-11-2016 05:42 PM
    Agreed, disable or remove Clean Master, that alone will help alot
    Almeuit likes this.
    03-11-2016 05:47 PM
    Ok. removed cleanmaster. I'll report back in a day or two if android system is still taking significantly more than other's

Thank you. Multiple people recommended cleanmaster but it clearly is a battery hog so it's gone
    Almeuit likes this.
    03-11-2016 05:50 PM
    Ok. removed cleanmaster. I'll report back in a day or two if android system is still taking significantly more than other's
    Sounds good! .
    03-11-2016 05:52 PM
    Disable wifi calling. Smart network switch. WiFi always scanning.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-11-2016 07:49 PM
    Disabling WiFi calling isn't necessary
    Jason Stroud1 likes this.
    03-11-2016 08:07 PM
    Wifi calling on T-Mobile phones are a battery burner. If you dont have good cell signal, then you need it, if you do, turn it off and turn off VoLTE in the phone app, your battery life will be much better. I really like the call quality with VoLTE, but until qualcomm can build a SOC with a strong LTE modem that supports QOS, it will just burn battery.
    03-13-2016 07:25 PM
    ^ What he said... First thing I always do when I get a T-Mobile phone. Turn off Wifi calling if you won't use it, and VoLTE as it's right now it's a mixed bag, so I turn it off also.

Only thing I can't find on my S7 edge is Wifi Always Scannng and yes, my Android System has been higher than expected, stll a great battery life averaging in the 2 full charges since I got it on Friday afternoon between 7.5-8 SoT.
    03-13-2016 08:11 PM
    ^ What he said... First thing I always do when I get a T-Mobile phone. Turn off Wifi calling if you won't use it, and VoLTE as it's right now it's a mixed bag, so I turn it off also.

Only thing I can't find on my S7 edge is Wifi Always Scannng and yes, my Android System has been higher than expected, stll a great battery life averaging in the 2 full charges since I got it on Friday afternoon between 7.5-8 SoT.
    On Verizon, WiFi always scanning is in the location menu I believe. It says improve accuracy and has the wifi always scanning and Bluetooth always scanning in there.
    swany1970 likes this.
    03-13-2016 09:08 PM
    I'll just leave this here..

Auto brightness, mostly WiFi, at least 1 hour of gaming, web browsing, YouTube videos and some reading. Always on Display enabled. Greenify installed and configured with Aggressive Doze.
    Dukins likes this.
    03-13-2016 09:41 PM
    On Verizon, WiFi always scanning is in the location menu I believe. It says improve accuracy and has the wifi always scanning and Bluetooth always scanning in there.
    Thanks I also have it on the T-Mobile version, never thought on look in there.
    clintw22 likes this.
    03-14-2016 08:02 AM
    More wonderful numbers:

Dukins and Almeuit like this.
    03-16-2016 07:50 AM
    Wifi calling on T-Mobile phones are a battery burner. If you dont have good cell signal, then you need it, if you do, turn it off and turn off VoLTE in the phone app, your battery life will be much better. I really like the call quality with VoLTE, but until qualcomm can build a SOC with a strong LTE modem that supports QOS, it will just burn battery.
    I was getting good battery life (20+ hours) with approx 4 hours SOT, which is sufficient for my needs. That said, I have gone ahead and made the above changes to see how they affect battery life. Thanks for the info
    03-16-2016 08:03 AM
    Few things I always turn off that improves battery.

HD voice
    Smart stay and other Samsung gestures.
    Google location history
    WiFi scanning
    Disable all bloat
    Limit location accuracy to middle while not using maps

This is something I do on every device and has allowed me to have 7-8 hours screen on time with moderate to heavy use, no gaming as I don't game on my phone but still, it's great.
    03-16-2016 08:26 AM
    Few things I always turn off that improves battery.

HD voice
    Smart stay and other Samsung gestures.
    Google location history
    WiFi scanning
    Disable all bloat
    Limit location accuracy to middle while not using maps

This is something I do on every device and has allowed me to have 7-8 hours screen on time with moderate to heavy use, no gaming as I don't game on my phone but still, it's great.
    Might as well buy a flip phone.

03-16-2016 09:10 AM

Why? Not sure how disabling small things like this that people generally don't need/use makes the phone a dumb phone...
    03-16-2016 11:44 AM
    Are you trying to imply flip phones don't have bloat?
    03-16-2016 12:23 PM
    Are you trying to imply flip phones don't have bloat?
    Yes. There's also no list of things to disable.

Me personally I just disable the visible bloat I don't care about. I don't go out of my way to turn off things like HD voice, VoLTE, location services etc.

03-16-2016 02:52 PM
    Yes. There's also no list of things to disable.

Me personally I just disable the visible bloat I don't care about. I don't go out of my way to turn off things like HD voice, VoLTE, location services etc.
    I disable the things I don't use to save battery. There's no need for unnecessary drain, right? I think that's what the original person was implying.
    03-16-2016 03:54 PM
    Simple solution. If you don't play with your phone as often. Just enable Utra Saving and put in our pocket. Re-enable if you ready to play. Much better solution for me.
    xocomaox likes this.
    03-16-2016 05:18 PM