10-15-2017 09:18 AM
139 ... 456
tools
    Hi There I Just Got My Brand New S7 edge [SM-G935F] And I Have A Wi-Fi Problem.
    When I Connect To Wi-Fi And After 50 Seconds. of Use It Just Not Working [It Does Not Disconnect.] But Stops Working Please Help.
    06-01-2016 05:26 PM
    If you have this problem - wifi connects but doesn't pass data after some time, please join this facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/s7EdgeWifiFail/

Let's hold Samsung properly accountable for this MAJOR HARDWARE fault they keep trying to delay or deny until you cant get a replacement or refund in some countries. Fortunately in Australia, we have consumer protection laws that mean we still can but this Samsung's reaction to this problem is an absolute joke.

Just like their response to washing machines that burnt down houses.

Thousands of recalled Samsung washing machines still in use and pose 'urgent' fire danger - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    06-24-2016 07:54 AM
    Hi everyone,

I picked up a S7 Edge (two actually, thanks to the T-Mobile Promotion) yesterday, and immediately noticed my home wifi was super slow. Like, 1/2 or 1/3 of what I get using my iPhone 6/iPad.

I had WPA2 Personal set on my router (a WRT1900AC). I turned security off, then ran speed tests on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz modes.

Presto - full speed. I then switched the security to WPA2/WPA Mixed Personal and still had full speed.

So, if you have the slow wifi issue try turning off security first to see if this helps. If so, switch to WPA2/WPA Mixed personal (or another) mode and see if it remains fixed.

Hope this helps you!
    06-27-2016 08:54 AM
    I have the S7 and S7 Edge. Both have network wifi connections issues. Drops calls, won't load apps, and spins continuously when sending texts. Worst phone ever and I am a huge Samsung fan. I have t-mobile. I have read multiple sites and it is on all cell services not just one particular cell company. Very frustrated. Worst phone I have ever had. None of the fixes I have tried have worked.

If anyone has found a way to fix all these problems, PLEASE post. Of course I am past the 14 day return policy.
    07-02-2016 12:18 PM
    Welp, second time posting here tonight, lol. This one is a little bit odd. A few hours ago, I notice my internet at home is being super slow, dropping connection, what not. After messing around a bit, I disable wifi, and the issue instantly goes away. Another hour into messing with things, and I realize it is my phone that is somehow causing the problem. I turn on wifi on the phone, and the internet has all sorts of problems, but the moment I disable wifi, everything is fine.

I've checked to make sure the phone isn't downloading anything, it isn't. And even if that were the case, I was downloading tons of things earlier with no issue at all. But, nothing is downloading, the phone, to the best of my knowledge, is just sitting there, being totally idle. With wifi off, there is zero data usage happening, so I don't think it is doing anything at all.

I read around, some people said it could be the wifi hotspot stuff, but I checked, and that is also off. I was looking at the wifi direct stuff that is listed in the wifi options, thought maybe that had something to do with it, but I can't even find a way to turn that off at all. When I open the wifi direct stuff, all it says is that my device is visible to other devices.

So, once again, here I am, hoping that someone here might be able to help me out with this. If anyone has experienced a similar issue, or has any idea what might be causing the problem, I'd definitely love to hear any and all information. The phone was totally fine up until a few hours ago, just turned on wifi again to test, and the internet instantly starts freaking out again.

Hey,
    So ive read your message above. I have a Galaxy S7 Edge & Ive noticed EVER sine I did the most recent "System update for your phone" an NOW my wi-fi, hotspot DOESNT WORK at all unless I am at home logged into my Wi-fi from my house. Took it to T mobile and the tech and the store manager both look at my phone (was in the store for about 1 1/2) Conclussion, they couldnt figure it out! The store manager says "you have to log into the Wi-fi near by" Really?! Because I NEVER HAD TO BEFORE lol very frustrating!!!! Would love to know whats going on!
    07-11-2016 08:55 PM
    My problem exactly !
    08-29-2016 07:49 AM
    Welp, second time posting here tonight, lol. This one is a little bit odd. A few hours ago, I notice my internet at home is being super slow, dropping connection, what not. After messing around a bit, I disable wifi, and the issue instantly goes away. Another hour into messing with things, and I realize it is my phone that is somehow causing the problem. I turn on wifi on the phone, and the internet has all sorts of problems, but the moment I disable wifi, everything is fine.

I've checked to make sure the phone isn't downloading anything, it isn't. And even if that were the case, I was downloading tons of things earlier with no issue at all. But, nothing is downloading, the phone, to the best of my knowledge, is just sitting there, being totally idle. With wifi off, there is zero data usage happening, so I don't think it is doing anything at all.

I read around, some people said it could be the wifi hotspot stuff, but I checked, and that is also off. I was looking at the wifi direct stuff that is listed in the wifi options, thought maybe that had something to do with it, but I can't even find a way to turn that off at all. When I open the wifi direct stuff, all it says is that my device is visible to other devices.

So, once again, here I am, hoping that someone here might be able to help me out with this. If anyone has experienced a similar issue, or has any idea what might be causing the problem, I'd definitely love to hear any and all information. The phone was totally fine up until a few hours ago, just turned on wifi again to test, and the internet instantly starts freaking out again.
    I have the same problem , what i did is removing the google account from the accounts in settings , but it is still unconvincing lol
    10-06-2016 04:23 PM
    I don't think anyone has had this problem yet.....My wifi works fine everywhere, EXCEPT when I am at this 1 location. Everyone else's phone is connecting, but mine won't. Funny, my wifi worked fine there, until the last time they changed the password. My spare phone's wifi even works there. Even though I had my updates set to download automatically I checked manually update, just now and found a big one...283mb. I'm hoping that is the new Samsung wifi update fix. I won't know until tonight, or tomorrow night though when I go to this particular location. This kinda thing doesn't ruin my day like some, but it does **** me off a bit. Any thoughts? If the new update doesn't work I'll try the clear cache thing and the reset.
    11-25-2016 09:37 PM
    I actually am a big battery saver person so i never leave location services or BT on ever unless i need too... ive been having this problem for over a week now.. tried everything. factory data reset, network reset, router reset.. gettting beta software, getting out of beta software... the one thing i do keep on is network smart switch... i turned it off.. havent had a single hiccup in connection ever since. my internet is blazing fast with it off... with it on its very slow.. its a serious bug in the software.. hope this helps peoples problem.
    12-22-2016 09:57 PM
    turn off your smart switch. trust me.. or even turn it off. reset phone and then turn back on
    12-22-2016 10:00 PM
    ATT sent me a new phone due to this issue and guess what? It does the exact same thing.

I actually am a big battery saver person so i never leave location services or BT on ever unless i need too... ive been having this problem for over a week now.. tried everything. factory data reset, network reset, router reset.. gettting beta software, getting out of beta software... the one thing i do keep on is network smart switch... i turned it off.. havent had a single hiccup in connection ever since. my internet is blazing fast with it off... with it on its very slow.. its a serious bug in the software.. hope this helps peoples problem.
    12-22-2016 10:00 PM
    It's off. Still does it.
    12-22-2016 10:12 PM
    I would also like to share what worked for me.
    Initially Samsung S7 Edge wouldn't connect to Wi-Fi via D-link DIR-320 router: it detected the network, but made no attempts to connect, or when forced to connect manually, nothing happened. A dozen other devices in the household were working with this router seamelessly.
    Updating firmware to the latest official version, or using alternative versions DID NOT work.

After experimenting with settings a bit, I discovered that these ones worked!
    Particularly, changing WPA2 to WPA-Auto-Personal, and TKIP + AES to TKIP.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Wi-Fi Issue-.jpg

Hope this saves someone the hours I spent in frustration, Google, and trial & error
    07-30-2017 06:27 AM
    I have exactly the same thing happen on my S7 Edge. It was purchased in December 2016 so it's not that old. And it only started a couple of months ago (now October 2017). I have at any one time, 4 devices connected to my internet router, all on wifi. All other devices could be working really well and the connection speed is great, however, when I connect my phone, it just lags everything. If it's not making things slow, it's having connection issues itself. Now I have reset my phone, connected it back up, but it's still the same. I made sure nothing was auto-syncing, as I was told this could slow things down, but as I said, this never happened before a couple of months ago. I called Samsung hoping they could shed some light on it, they had me install an app where thy tool control of my phone, and found nothing wrong! So I called my internet provider and they had me disconnect all devices, then connect em all back up and found that as soon as I comnected my phone, it caused everything to just slow right down. I now have a feeling it's the phone itself; maybe I should take it back and get a replacement.
    10-15-2017 09:18 AM
139 ... 456