Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Wi-Fi Issue

Michelle Becker

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so what I thought was a wifi issue is a bluetooth issue. After reading this thread, I turned my bluetooth off and had no issues. Then I turned it back on and it wouldn't connect to the wifi. I did it several times to be sure. I found this advice from another thread:

Open Settings > Applications > Application manager, tap More and then select Show system apps. Now if you scroll down you should see an application called Bluetooth Share. Tap it to open. Forcing Bluetooth Sharing to stop as well as clearing the cache and data seems to be resolving the problem for a number of users.

I did this about an hour ago and I haven't had any issues. Not sure if it will last or not. I am not tech savvy at all. If it wasn't for these forms, I would probably have to stick to a dumb phone ;)

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so what I thought was a wifi issue is a bluetooth issue. After reading this thread, I turned my bluetooth off and had no issues. Then I turned it back on and it wouldn't connect to the wifi. I did it several times to be sure. I found this advice from another thread:

Open Settings > Applications > Application manager, tap More and then select Show system apps. Now if you scroll down you should see an application called Bluetooth Share. Tap it to open. Forcing Bluetooth Sharing to stop as well as clearing the cache and data seems to be resolving the problem for a number of users.

I did this about an hour ago and I haven't had any issues. Not sure if it will last or not. I am not tech savvy at all. If it wasn't for these forms, I would probably have to stick to a dumb phone ;)
I did those steps and it isn't helping out one bit, shut my Bluetooth off and wifi connectivity is fine. Major issue! Not too happy about it

Josh1377

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Had same type of wifi issues especially with watching any video and downloads took almost an hour. I restarted the router, the modem, and the phone and haven't had a problem, so far. I tried downloading an app that took an half hour and this time it took about 5 seconds. Hopefully this complete restart/reset of everything worked.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It seems to be only on certain models or with certain routers. I haven't had any issues with BT always on and have been connecting to quite a wide variety of routers in both 5GHz and 2.4 (I'm traveling nearly since it came out so office, hotels, coffee shops, restaurants, airports... no issues so far and I don't think I've knocked everyone's internet out at the airport for using my phone so far :p)

Josh1377

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully it doesn't regress. I had been switching from 2.4 to 5ghz thinking that may have been the problem. After restarting everything it is a completely different phone, in a good way. I really like it, and now that it is working the speed is just "wow!" Also thanks for not destroying our precious internet :)

Justin LeVich

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I posted a reply in another thread that I think might help. I was having issues with wi-fi calling and with my email apps updating or staying connected (native app and Good). This process seems to have fixed both issues.

Settings->applications->application manager->MORE in upper right->show system apps. Look for Bluetooth Share and force stop it, then go to storage and clear cache. Back out and then turn Bluetooth and wifi back on and test. Like I said I could not get wi-fi calling to work at all and email was only working after a reboot and would then go dead again. After the above process wi-fi calling immediately was able to be turned on and my email apps have been perfectly fine for almost 3 hours now.

I tried to do this, but the system app never actually shuts down. The button always stays lit enabling you to hit it an infinite number of times and does not go grey as with other apps when they are force closed. Did this happen to you as well? I'm still having the issue with Bluetooth being on = WiFi useless and Bluetooth off = 50+Mbs. This is getting ridiculous.

Josh1377

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I definitely hear you. You pay this much for a phone and you shouldn't have to do all that. I ended up giving it another try and it began buffering and froze up. I had one good day and it started up again. I'm hoping this is just a result of early released electronics and sometimes these type of issues pop up. I am getting it replaced with another s7 edge. Hopefully I don't look like a real *****.

smithc0mmaj0hn

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, I just made an account to air my frustration with the wifi issue. I hope they release an update soon. I'm an android fanboy but I guarantee apple would never ship a phone with a massive problem like this. Shame on Samsung.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Weird how some things effect some users and not others
AT&T user here and zero WiFi issues on 2.4 or 5ghz, at work or at home and I never shut off my BT

Zunxin

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Same issues faced with wifi connection. At the service center, there was another customer next to me with the exact same problem. Even though 4 service staff confirmed the issue, they wouldn't do a 1 to 1 exchange. Very disappointed

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I sit on my 2.4 GHz network at home and have no issues. I used to do 5 GHz but mainly I don't see a point right now and honestly.. My house being brick limits it's coverage. I get the speeds I should though.

Attachments

• 1458278941002.jpg
    1458278941002.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 39

smithc0mmaj0hn

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I have a poll going on the galaxy s7 sub-reddit right now. unfortunately this forum wont let me post the link because i am new and have less than 10 entries. please go to the sub reddit, find the poll and vote.

keri2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Having the same problem with wifi. I have the CenturyLink fiber modem/router and I checked for new firmware. There is none. I also looked for the ipv4 only setting and there isn't one. I also turned off Bluetooth. That didn't help. I also switched to the 5ghz band. That didn't resolve the issue. About 10 minutes after I get home my wifi stops working on the phone and crawls to a zero pace. Speedtest can't detect a signal. Switch to 4g and everything going is fine. I go back to wifi and the process starts again. Any suggestions based on everything I've tried?

Posted via the Android Central App

Josh1377

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Only thing I did and you probably already did, but was restart everything. I did a speed test and had a download speed of .75 mbps and that's insane. One day it went up to 14 mbps and the next day back down. Best of luck

andya1942

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello..this is one of my first posts so bear with me..Came home with my new S7 and had wi-fi trouble for two days. then I unplugged power and co ax cable into my internet modem...No trouble now for 3 days.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
What's happening on my GS7 Edge, the Wi-Fi works perfectly and then if I put the phone down for any given point of time and pick it up again sometimes the Wi-Fi is shut right off I have to go to settings Wi-Fi and just flip the switch back on I always keep my Bluetooth off unless I need it so the Bluetooth has nothing to do with my problem anybody else having this?

Posted via the Android Central App

halebyrd

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issue.i am at home and wifi is working. my S4 connects great but my new S7 does not...so slow or not working.i am trying the things suggested but no luck so far. i have cleared my cache many times. help!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair