Changing fonts on s7 edge/marshmallow

Slpsht19

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Every new font I try and download and then apply says not supported.... Anyone got a fix for this? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Rooted users can pop over to the xda developers forum and download a .zip file of 150 fonts for use on the S7/Edge...

Working fonts with S7 Edge

This is for experienced and competent users. Please read the thread, carefully and thoroughly before proceeding.

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure!" ;)

Holly Laine

May 5, 2016
Visit site
I've gone to settings, display, font ....NOT ONE OF THEM WORK! Love the phone, hate that I'm limited more than any and ALL the Samsung series I've owned. Getting frustrated! If you respond please be detailed on where and how you got these fonts to work? THANKS 👍

eddiect

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
You can't download them from the Play Store, you have to get them from the Galaxy Store. Samsung disabled this on the S7 and S7 Edge and marshmallow. At least for now.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I've gone to settings, display, font ....NOT ONE OF THEM WORK! Love the phone, hate that I'm limited more than any and ALL the Samsung series I've owned. Getting frustrated! If you respond please be detailed on where and how you got these fonts to work? THANKS 👍
Open Galaxy Apps, search for a font, install, then go to the fonts section in settings. Fonts downloaded of the Galaxy Apps shpw up there.

Leighann Bath

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Samsung or google whoever made the new seven update done terrible not onefony works not. One I'm big on the fonts all og them cool ones from AA hi 👋 fonts to all of them I ude to have on every samsung device they really need to fix its aggravating

Zebedy Ehtisham

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Every new font I try and download and then apply says not supported.... Anyone got a fix for this? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Posted via the Android Central App

Found a work around for this.
Download ifont off the Playstore.

Then, I downloaded a zip of the roboto font. Extracted it in a file manager, and it gave me the option to open in ifont. From there you can apply the font. The app itself has fonts that work with the phone now, I think.

Anyways here's the link if you wanna try it yourself :

material.google.com/resources/roboto-noto-fonts.html

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried this and couldn't get it to work. I try to apply after opening with ifont and it just asks for the donation,won't let me set

Last edited:

Ddebikrebd

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site

Then, I downloaded a zip of the roboto font. Extracted it in a file manager, and it gave me the option to open in ifont. From there you can apply the font. The app itself has fonts that work with the phone now, I think.

What fonts did you find that work bc I can't find any that work

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site

This method might have worked in the beginning but it doesn't now. Phone wants you to disable or uninstall foundation. As for buying the fonts? The Samsung store barely has anything. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place for them but I only seen a few.

Quincy Sinette

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
This method might have worked in the beginning but it doesn't now. Phone wants you to disable or uninstall foundation. As for buying the fonts? The Samsung store barely has anything. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place for them but I only seen a few.

When I downloaded marshmallow. The fonts was ifonts/tattoo fonts didn't work per second but was layered under the marshmallow code. I could not change fonts but it at least was still to my liking. I was not aware of Samsung secret of restricted fonts and tried to make a switch..... When I did that I am now under the "I hate these font" band.

Is there anyone that can insert this into code or replace this in the Samsung code? It seems that when I had it, it was under the marshmallow code and was at least stuck on the last font settings. I guess I am asking is there a way without rooting to insert fonts under the baseband and the overlay with marshmallow???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech