12-15-2016 12:08 PM
35 12
tools
    Every new font I try and download and then apply says not supported.... Anyone got a fix for this? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-12-2016 09:20 AM
    No fix yet. Not much to do apart from pestering Samsung and hope they'll publish an update.
    03-17-2016 12:37 PM
    I downloaded a font as well as a cool theme from Samsung and I had no problem.
    03-17-2016 03:42 PM
    Are you downloading them from the Samsung store?
    03-17-2016 05:46 PM
    I downloaded a font as well as a cool theme from Samsung and I had no problem.
    Where did you download the font from that your able to use? I've tried the Google Play Store and Samsung Apps but none have worked for me. Did you have to buy it for it to work?
    03-28-2016 06:43 AM
    Go settings, then display, then font.

03-28-2016 07:23 AM
    Rooted users can pop over to the xda developers forum and download a .zip file of 150 fonts for use on the S7/Edge...

Working fonts with S7 Edge

This is for experienced and competent users. Please read the thread, carefully and thoroughly before proceeding.

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure!"
    03-28-2016 07:40 AM
    Go settings, then display, then font.

Lee Herron likes this.
    05-05-2016 05:47 PM
    I've gone to settings, display, font ....NOT ONE OF THEM WORK! Love the phone, hate that I'm limited more than any and ALL the Samsung series I've owned. Getting frustrated! If you respond please be detailed on where and how you got these fonts to work? THANKS ๐Ÿ‘
    05-05-2016 05:50 PM
    You can't download them from the Play Store, you have to get them from the Galaxy Store. Samsung disabled this on the S7 and S7 Edge and marshmallow. At least for now.
    05-10-2016 05:26 AM
    I've gone to settings, display, font ....NOT ONE OF THEM WORK! Love the phone, hate that I'm limited more than any and ALL the Samsung series I've owned. Getting frustrated! If you respond please be detailed on where and how you got these fonts to work? THANKS ๐Ÿ‘
    Open Galaxy Apps, search for a font, install, then go to the fonts section in settings. Fonts downloaded of the Galaxy Apps shpw up there.
    05-10-2016 06:17 AM
    06-24-2016 02:41 PM
    Samsung or google whoever made the new seven update done terrible not onefony works not. One I'm big on the fonts all og them cool ones from AA hi ๐Ÿ‘‹ fonts to all of them I ude to have on every samsung device they really need to fix its aggravating
    06-24-2016 02:47 PM
    The ones I have (bought from the Samsung Store) works. Have you checked from there?
    06-24-2016 06:43 PM
    Every new font I try and download and then apply says not supported.... Anyone got a fix for this? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Found a work around for this.
    Download ifont off the Playstore.

Then, I downloaded a zip of the roboto font. Extracted it in a file manager, and it gave me the option to open in ifont. From there you can apply the font. The app itself has fonts that work with the phone now, I think.

Anyways here's the link if you wanna try it yourself :

material.google.com/resources/roboto-noto-fonts.html
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    07-07-2016 08:30 AM
    I tried this and couldn't get it to work. I try to apply after opening with ifont and it just asks for the donation,won't let me set
    07-07-2016 12:23 PM

Then, I downloaded a zip of the roboto font. Extracted it in a file manager, and it gave me the option to open in ifont. From there you can apply the font. The app itself has fonts that work with the phone now, I think.

What fonts did you find that work bc I can't find any that work
    10-10-2016 06:17 PM

This method might have worked in the beginning but it doesn't now. Phone wants you to disable or uninstall foundation. As for buying the fonts? The Samsung store barely has anything. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place for them but I only seen a few.
    10-11-2016 05:58 PM
    This method might have worked in the beginning but it doesn't now. Phone wants you to disable or uninstall foundation. As for buying the fonts? The Samsung store barely has anything. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place for them but I only seen a few.

When I downloaded marshmallow. The fonts was ifonts/tattoo fonts didn't work per second but was layered under the marshmallow code. I could not change fonts but it at least was still to my liking. I was not aware of Samsung secret of restricted fonts and tried to make a switch..... When I did that I am now under the "I hate these font" band.

Is there anyone that can insert this into code or replace this in the Samsung code? It seems that when I had it, it was under the marshmallow code and was at least stuck on the last font settings. I guess I am asking is there a way without rooting to insert fonts under the baseband and the overlay with marshmallow???
    10-21-2016 09:20 AM
    No there isn't. You would need to root the phone in order to get the custom fonts.
    10-21-2016 08:56 PM
    Trend Font works. It's basically all the Samsung fonts for free
    10-21-2016 09:07 PM
    Trend Font works. It's basically all the Samsung fonts for free
    Why would a font app want access to make phone calls and my location? Won't install this.
    MetalKore likes this.
    10-21-2016 10:12 PM
    Gotta bump this thread for sure. Made my day for sure. Works like a charm on my s7 edge. Trend font is the one that works for me. Tired of buying fonts from the Samsung store
    younggreenanne likes this.
    12-06-2016 10:34 AM
    Gotta bump this thread for sure. Made my day for sure. Works like a charm on my s7 edge. Trend font is the one that works for me. Tired of buying fonts from the Samsung store
    The permissions are kind of invasive for a font app.
    MetalKore likes this.
    12-06-2016 06:30 PM
    The permissions are kind of invasive for a font app.
    Anyway to run this app and cut off those permissions while using the fonts?
    12-08-2016 02:04 PM
35 12