Samsung S7 Edge... Typing issues

chappy5150

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm a new Samsung Edge user. Is it me??? I can't seem to type on this edge screen.. My hand is always hitting another letter that I do not want. Anyone else having this issue? I even downloaded swiftkey..... Does not help. Not liking this all

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah screen is very sensitive, especially with the edge you keep touching some screen targets. Putting a case helped a bit because that gave some grip to hold on the side and stop accidentally touching the edges. I think it just takes few days to get used to.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm a new Samsung Edge user. Is it me??? I can't seem to type on this edge screen.. My hand is always hitting another letter that I do not want. Anyone else having this issue? I even downloaded swiftkey..... Does not help. Not liking this all

Have you tried swiping ? I wonder if that helps

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I also saw this to some degree with the stock keyboard. I installed Swype and have had no further issues, but I've used that kb for years.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't get to grips with the Samsung keyboard so switched back to what I'm used to which is SwiftKey.

Posted via S7 edge 😍

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It took me a little time with getting used to hitting the edges but.. It's been a day or so with the phone and I have adjusted.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
This is a small worry for me, thanks for bringing it up.

Getting close to buying one at month end. Though I tend with the Note 3 and Moto X Pure to type with one finger on SwiftKey.
I would also like to do without a case early on.

The small first gen Moto G I used for a while was cute in what additionally you could do one handed, and also not bother with a case.

Try it out in person to see how you like it. Personally, I can't use the phone without a case. It drives me insane because touches aren't registering and when I look down, I see my palm ever so gently brushing the edge screen rendering my thumb useless.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. I thought they would have a setting or something to desensitise the edges, seeing as there are two, or worked in a keyboard layout with this in mind.
Also I tried some store models a few times but never thought to type on them :)

A case makes or breaks the phone for me. If I were not allowed to use a case with this phone, I would trade the phone in. If you end up going to BB to check out the phone, try typing on the Galaxy View. Quite a load of fun and surprisingly accurate typing on it like a standard PC keyboard.

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
It is all about learning to use with the curved screen. A case helps alot. I struggled about a day and a half and am just now settling in. Adjusting the size of the keyboarday help also. I am using SwiftKey.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Case. This phone is pretty much unusable for me without a case.

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge SM-935V
As much as I hate to say this: you're right. I believe that 99% of the problems people have with touch screen sensitivity on this phone have to do with their inadvertently touching the sides of the screen while typing, clicking etc. A simple TPU case will fix that (and has fixed that for me)

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Case helps, Google keyboard is massively easier to use than the Samsung one generally. Plus Samsung issued a patch relating to the edge screen the other day so maybe that was the reason?