04-13-2016 09:05 PM
129 1234 ...
tools
    Bodyguardz. Went to the AT&T store and picked one up. Instant edge lift that wouldn't go away.
    03-12-2016 07:31 PM
    Hmm perhaps the edge that's lifting had some oil residue still on it or touched accidentally?

I will say I literally took phone out of box, peeled film off screen and applied this, so the screen was never touched by human hands before the protector went on.
    03-12-2016 07:44 PM
    Wish that was the case. I cleaned the screen, install protector without ever touching the sticky side. I might have just gotten unlucky and bought a defective one. Adhesive seemed extremely weak when I took it back off to toss it.

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge SM-935V
    03-12-2016 08:02 PM
    You could ask them to install it but I prefer to do my own since I buy new phones more than I care to admit and have put my dairy share of these on hah

I also get a discount to so going through them is not to bad. I would say try again it that's up to you, mine thus far is doing quite well.
    03-12-2016 08:06 PM
    You could ask them to install it but I prefer to do my own since I buy new phones more than I care to admit and have put my dairy share of these on hah

I also get a discount to so going through them is not to bad. I would say try again it that's up to you, mine thus far is doing quite well.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I replace all my phones once a year and the amount of practice I have putting on screen protectors is kind of disturbing. I manage to install protectors people have a hard time installing without any problems and then bodyguardz shuts me down.

StayFly likes this.
    03-12-2016 08:19 PM
    Can you lift it up and try to reinstall it or is it a one shot deal?
    03-12-2016 08:22 PM
    Can you lift it up and try to reinstall it or is it a one shot deal?
    One shot because of the curved edges. Soon as you tweak the curve good luck making it stay down.

03-12-2016 08:48 PM
    Any pictures showing the carnage ?

Did you see the picture of the chrome Mime Glass over on XDA?

I'll post it here but it's not my picture.

Bodyguardz HD curved screen protector = Awesome!-silver-mime-s7-edge.jpg
    03-12-2016 09:09 PM
    Any pictures showing the carnage ?

Did you see the picture of the chrome Mime Glass over on XDA?

I'll post it here but it's not my picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	silver-mime-s7-edge.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	220032
    Unfortunately nope. I got so upset I just ripped it off and tossed it. I'm looking forward to testing that glass protector. Looks like a ton of companies on Amazon are taking pre-orders for glass protectors.

03-12-2016 10:29 PM
    The guy that tried the Mime says it's no good if you are going to use a case.
    Here's a link to that thread.

"Curved" Tempered Glass Screen Pro… - Pg. 18 | Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    03-13-2016 09:00 AM
    The guy that tried the Mime says it's no good if you are going to use a case.
    Here's a link to that thread.

"Curved" Tempered Glass Screen Pro… - Pg. 18 | Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Looks like the same problems with glass protectors on the S6E are still present... Looks like I'll be buying another Zagg...
    03-13-2016 11:40 AM
    Is this protector still holding up and staying down on the glass with the case on and all? I just looked it up and see it's in stock locally. Maybe I'll pick one up so I won't be afraid to put it in my pocket. And if it's as good as it sounds, maybe I won't need to get a glass one since it doesn't have that plastic feel.

Hi all,

So I have both s7 and edge in my possesion, one thing I hated last year was no good screen protection as I love glass.

Well I picked up the bodyguardz HD from AT&T and I gotta say, it's not glass but the fit and feel are amazing. Perfect clarity, zero bubbles and the feel of this material is great.

Perfect protection, I easily recommend this one.

Update, photos added.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...781d919209.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...30f3b9c495.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...857ee6202b.jpg
    03-13-2016 01:46 PM
    Looks like the same problems with glass protectors on the S6E are still present... Looks like I'll be buying another Zagg...
    Would you say the Zagg is better then the Bodyguardz? Is Zagg curved or just flat?
    03-13-2016 02:21 PM
    Would you say the Zagg is better then the Bodyguardz? Is Zagg curved or just flat?
    Flat. Just have to work it here and there and it's good to go. Remember this isn't silky smooth, it does have a rubbery feel to it. No major orange peel issues though.

Based on my experience, I would have to say the Zagg is better when it comes to edge lift. I really REALLY wish I could've somehow made the bodguardz work for me though. Also the bodyguardz doesn't full cover the display area. There's a slight (2mm?) gap on the sides of the edge screens. If they had made it 2-3mm wider, I don't think edge lift would've been an issue.
    03-13-2016 03:04 PM
    Is the Zagg case friendly ?
    03-13-2016 03:07 PM
    Is the Zagg case friendly ?
    I installed the Zagg with my case on and carefully worked it to ensure fit. Would I say it's case friendly out of the box? No. You have to pretty much mold it to play nice.
    felloffthetruck and SR45 like this.
    03-13-2016 03:09 PM
    The bodyguardz is holding up, no lifting, though some lint haha. It's not glass but I will say it's very smooth and does not make me feel like I am settling and that is important to me. If a glass comes out that actually works I'll try it but for now this does the job.

The 2mm recess is for cases, film type protectors are notorious for lifting when you out a case on so this ensures most cases will not cause this to happen.
    felloffthetruck and Chris_c81 like this.
    03-13-2016 03:22 PM
    Wish they went just a tad lower. I guess it's because there are thick cases out there. Mine isn't one of them so that gap, if I made the bodyguardz work for me, would've just turned into a huge lint and dirt pocket.
    03-13-2016 03:31 PM
    Ok, I guess it won't hurt to try. What's $25 more when you are talking about a $800 phone? I'll swing by the AT&T store later and pick one up. Hopefully they don't kick me out when they see I have a Verizon model Thanks for your info.
    03-13-2016 04:23 PM
    The bodyguardz is holding up, no lifting, though some lint haha. It's not glass but I will say it's very smooth and does not make me feel like I am settling and that is important to me. If a glass comes out that actually works I'll try it but for now this does the job.

The 2mm recess is for cases, film type protectors are notorious for lifting when you out a case on so this ensures most cases will not cause this to happen.
    Can I just get clarity before I lay out anymore dosh!

The feel of this you're saying is close to glass. Would you say this is smoother then the TPU type (rubbery feel) and the PET type (film)?
    03-13-2016 04:52 PM
    Yes it's not rubbery at all, it's like 90% of the glass feel, not exactly glass but it does feel good.

Only difference is that it shows fingerprints more than glass but something is better than nothing to protect the screen.
    03-13-2016 05:03 PM
    So the Bodyguardz would work with a case on the S7 (not Edge), is that correct?
    03-13-2016 09:36 PM
    So the Bodyguardz would work with a case on the S7 (not Edge), is that correct?
    We only have experience with the S7 edge screen protector version so we can't say.

03-14-2016 01:07 AM
    Like the feel of the protector. Wish I could've made it work.
    They have a replacement program. They would send you a new one for the price of shipping. I did it last year with an S6e screen protector from them that went on like crap.
    03-14-2016 10:02 AM
    just attempted putting the spigen curved crystal screen protector on and its trash. It won't stay down on the sides at all. Then I got a email from spigen stating that the case has adhesive problems and resend a new and improved one on march 28. I had a problem with my s6 edge plus and zagg hd lifting up on the corners and its was put on by att rep, $45 down the drain. I might have to try this one or wait for a better solutions.
    03-14-2016 11:08 AM
129 1234 ...