04-13-2016 09:05 PM
129 12345 ...
tools
    Anyone else try this Bodyguardz one?
    Thinking about picking one up on the way home tonight.
    03-14-2016 02:15 PM
    I just installed one right now and I have to admit it went on pretty easy. I just ran hot water in the bathroom to cut the dust down, cleaned and dried the screen good, put one some latex gloves then peeled the bottom layer off. It is easy to line up around the home button and then I just moved it around a little to line up with the camera hole. You don't have to get it perfect the first time as long as you catch it before it lays all the way down. Once I had it straight I just let all lay out flat and I worked the air bubbles out. Once they were all out, I just rubbed the edges flat until they stayed down. I am not going to touch it until tomorrow so I'll see how it looks then.
    03-14-2016 10:59 PM
    Who makes bodyguards I ended up getting the Zagg HD then it's fine for me and I had my phone fall out of my pocket today at work animals ready to cry because I thought it had a tiny little scuff mark scratch on it. And my husband said no that's the screen protector so I guess it's worth spending $30 or whatever to get a good one on but my husband needs one so I'll recommend this one to him. I just go to the Zagg kiosk in the mall and they put it on for me. We love the glass ones but that and when bag comes out with a curved glass one I'm going to upgrade

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-14-2016 11:56 PM
    I just installed one right now and I have to admit it went on pretty easy. I just ran hot water in the bathroom to cut the dust down, cleaned and dried the screen good, put one some latex gloves then peeled the bottom layer off. It is easy to line up around the home button and then I just moved it around a little to line up with the camera hole. You don't have to get it perfect the first time as long as you catch it before it lays all the way down. Once I had it straight I just let all lay out flat and I worked the air bubbles out. Once they were all out, I just rubbed the edges flat until they stayed down. I am not going to touch it until tomorrow so I'll see how it looks then.
    Can you post some pictures showing you results?
    03-15-2016 03:18 AM
    Do these work if you already have a scratch on the screen?

03-15-2016 11:54 AM
    Sure why not, I took the film off screen ND added this before fingers even touched the screen lol.
    03-15-2016 12:18 PM
    This was the worst screen protector I ever worked with. The edges don't even want to adhere to the edges on the screen. I trashed it. What a waste of $30.
    03-15-2016 01:39 PM
    This was the worst screen protector I ever worked with. The edges don't even want to adhere to the edges on the screen. I trashed it. What a waste of $30.
    Zagg or bodyguardz?
    03-15-2016 01:47 PM
    I picked up the Bodyguardz yesterday and will give it a whirl later tonight. I hope it's not another $25. down the toilet.
    03-15-2016 01:51 PM
    Odd, I had zero issue, works great, it also was not $30 for me, they retail it for $25 you sure you got the same one?
    03-15-2016 03:10 PM
    I'll give my honest opinion when I get a chance to try it later tonight or tomorrow.
    I have installed 50+ tempered glass over the years but not a single plastic protector.
    03-15-2016 03:13 PM
    Odd, I had zero issue, works great, it also was not $30 for me, they retail it for $25 you sure you got the same one?
    Yeah. Same one. I brought the destroyed protector to the AT&T store and they replaced it for free of charge. The local AT&T store is really nice like that. It's a shame I'm still not on AT&T. But the replacement is so much better. I like it better than the matte Skinomi protector I had because the Skinomi had the weird pixelation thing going on. And this protector works well with my Unicorn Beetle Supcase for my S7 edge. My only complaint is that it's a fingerprint magnet. C'est la vie. No biggie.
    03-15-2016 04:52 PM
    Zagg or bodyguardz?
    Bodyguardz.
    03-15-2016 04:53 PM
    After reading this post, and after having a beat buy employee fail to install a Zagg protector 3 times, I decided to go to the AT&T store. I got the bodyguardz protector and the girl at the store installed it for me. She did it fast, and easily, and free, unlike best buy who was going to charge $8 for install. Have used it for a few days and no edges peeling or anything. The fact that it doesn't go edge to edge is a good and bad. Obviously it helps with cases, but it also let's some lint gather. Lastly, I had two days to play with the phone with no protector, and I miss it! It was buttery smooth. This protector isn't bad tho, although it holds the oils and fingerprints, but then all of them do like this.
    03-15-2016 05:15 PM
    Retinella, tell me what not to do, so I don't screw mine up.
    03-15-2016 05:26 PM
    My Bodyguardz is still sitting here waiting for me to get up the nerve to try and install it. Maybe tonight.
    03-19-2016 04:43 PM
    My Bodyguardz is still sitting here waiting for me to get up the nerve to try and install it. Maybe tonight.
    Do it!! Lol

felloffthetruck and makaroni like this.
    03-19-2016 05:11 PM
    OK, Just installed the Bodyguardz HD Curved and it went on pretty much perfect. Had a few bubbles to push out but everything worked out pretty good. The hardest part was pulling the last protective cover off as it started to peel up the protector.
    I'm a little scared that cases will peel the sides up.
    Think I'll stuck with the UAG first as it seems the most screen friendly of all the cases I have.

I guess I'll let it sit a day or so before trying on a case.

The OP was 100% correct about this protector.

Here are my results:

Bodyguardz HD curved screen protector = Awesome!-bg01.jpgBodyguardz HD curved screen protector = Awesome!-bg02.jpgBodyguardz HD curved screen protector = Awesome!-bg03.jpgBodyguardz HD curved screen protector = Awesome!-bg04.jpgBodyguardz HD curved screen protector = Awesome!-bg05.jpg
    optimummind and tsells like this.
    03-19-2016 06:18 PM
    I'm noticing a lot of lint from microfiber cloths sticking to the very edges. Going to try on some cases today and see what peels up.
    03-20-2016 08:44 AM
    Why can't they make the screen protector cover the entire screen? I'm not impressed. Looking at that every day would drive me crazy.
    03-20-2016 10:04 AM
    Why can't they make the screen protector cover the entire screen? I'm not impressed. Looking at that every day would drive me crazy.
    Because it would peel up every time you put the phone in a case. I would rather look at this them a big fat scratch in the middle of my screen.

Bodyguardz HD curved screen protector = Awesome!-uag03.jpg
    clborden likes this.
    03-20-2016 11:05 AM
    Not only that but the protector just blends in and you don't even notice it, I can honestly say I have never looked at my screen and even noticed the edge l, with a case it all makes sense otherwise every time you fit the case on you would peel the edges up.
    03-20-2016 12:27 PM
    sfla99, What cases have you tried and have any started peeling the edges up?
    03-20-2016 12:47 PM
    I'm noticing a lot of lint from microfiber cloths sticking to the very edges. Going to try on some cases today and see what peels up.
    You did a great job. Those things aren't easy. Looks excellent.

felloffthetruck likes this.
    03-20-2016 12:55 PM
    So far just a cheapo from best buy and the rugged armor from spigen but there is plenty enough room to keep it safe from any case.
    03-20-2016 02:00 PM
129 12345 ...