Bodyguardz HD curved screen protector = Awesome!

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
This screen protector looks like it'll be more friendly with cases. I really want one, but my local AT&T store was sold out of every screen protector for the S7 edge. I drove over there and checked. I ordered this one from their website and it'll be here Monday.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Great, it will be Monday before I get a chance to pick one up. :)

My factory plastic is not holding up too great. :-\

Yes that's the one, blue and white box only one they cary with curved edge.

Interesting thing is the reason I always choose glass is because of the feel, this already has gorilla glass to cover breakage, this protected while not glass feels very similar to the touch, it's not filmy if that makes sense, it's very slick and glass like.

This screen protector looks like it'll be more friendly with cases. I really want one, but my local AT&T store was sold out of every screen protector for the S7 edge. I drove over there and checked. I ordered this one from their website and it'll be here Monday.

sfla, you getting edge lift by any chance?

I was getting edge lift in 1 of the 4 corners. I attempted to fix the problem but it's still present. This is coming from one of the few people that could get a Spigen crystal installed without anything edge lift on the XDA forums. It's in the trash now.

Hope you guys have better luck than I did.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
No edge lift at all, you mean this bodyguardz lifted or the spigen? This goes on dry so once it's applied it's on, no time to settle etc.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hmm perhaps the edge that's lifting had some oil residue still on it or touched accidentally?

I will say I literally took phone out of box, peeled film off screen and applied this, so the screen was never touched by human hands before the protector went on.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Wish that was the case. I cleaned the screen, install protector without ever touching the sticky side. I might have just gotten unlucky and bought a defective one. Adhesive seemed extremely weak when I took it back off to toss it.

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge SM-935V

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
You could ask them to install it but I prefer to do my own since I buy new phones more than I care to admit and have put my dairy share of these on hah :)

I also get a discount to so going through them is not to bad. I would say try again it that's up to you, mine thus far is doing quite well.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
You could ask them to install it but I prefer to do my own since I buy new phones more than I care to admit and have put my dairy share of these on hah :)

I also get a discount to so going through them is not to bad. I would say try again it that's up to you, mine thus far is doing quite well.

I'm in the same boat as you. I replace all my phones once a year and the amount of practice I have putting on screen protectors is kind of disturbing. I manage to install protectors people have a hard time installing without any problems and then bodyguardz shuts me down.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Any pictures showing the carnage ?

Did you see the picture of the chrome Mime Glass over on XDA?

I'll post it here but it's not my picture.

View attachment 220032

Unfortunately nope. I got so upset I just ripped it off and tossed it. I'm looking forward to testing that glass protector. Looks like a ton of companies on Amazon are taking pre-orders for glass protectors.

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Is this protector still holding up and staying down on the glass with the case on and all? I just looked it up and see it's in stock locally. Maybe I'll pick one up so I won't be afraid to put it in my pocket. And if it's as good as it sounds, maybe I won't need to get a glass one since it doesn't have that plastic feel.

Hi all,

So I have both s7 and edge in my possesion, one thing I hated last year was no good screen protection as I love glass.

Well I picked up the bodyguardz HD from AT&T and I gotta say, it's not glass but the fit and feel are amazing. Perfect clarity, zero bubbles and the feel of this material is great.

Perfect protection, I easily recommend this one.

Update, photos added.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160312/fd29b3f3e8fd385ccf240f781d919209.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160312/d007239ab7cab97e501f7830f3b9c495.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160312/321010a3d8303b73844da5857ee6202b.jpg

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Would you say the Zagg is better then the Bodyguardz? Is Zagg curved or just flat?

Flat. Just have to work it here and there and it's good to go. Remember this isn't silky smooth, it does have a rubbery feel to it. No major orange peel issues though.

Based on my experience, I would have to say the Zagg is better when it comes to edge lift. I really REALLY wish I could've somehow made the bodguardz work for me though. Also the bodyguardz doesn't full cover the display area. There's a slight (2mm?) gap on the sides of the edge screens. If they had made it 2-3mm wider, I don't think edge lift would've been an issue.