Bodyguardz HD curved screen protector = Awesome!

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I went to AT&T last night after work to get my bodyguardz installed and the representative did such a great job! I ordered mine when I ordered the phone, but when it came, I somehow ruined the application so I thought this time around I should have someone who knows what they're doing put it on for me and he did it spot on. I feel better knowing my phone is now protected!

Posted via the Android Central App

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
After seeing a few posts here, I just got the BodyGuardz HD Contour screen protector. It is actually very good. It is not edge-to-edge but that's a good thing, as you can put a case on with this screen protector and it does not come off. It does not feel as good as glass, but it is not bad at all. After using it for a few hours you don't feel any difference at all.
I think this screen protector is a great option until a glass screen protector becomes available that actually stays on with no halo and allows a case to be used. But that does not exist yet!

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I know some may see the non edge to edge as a downside but as mentioned it does allow for cases with tight tolerances to fit and not peel up and ruin the protector.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
You buy the protector there and they will install in on any phone.
Can confirm that this protector also works perfect with the Otterbox Commuter case.

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Mine was great when I first installed it. Day 2 not so much, the entire right side is lifting creating a halo effect. Dead nuts centered, nothing I do makes it stick. $17 down the tiolet.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Update on the bodyguardz screen protector. I had to remove it because it made the screen appear fuzzier than normal - I thought there was something wrong with my camera because when I took pictures and went to view it it always looked fuzzy and I couldn't figure out why. At first, I thought the camera lens had a plastic sticker on it but it didn't. Then, I realized it was the screen protector so when I took it off, everything looked more clearer so now I'm stuck with no screen protector again but I guess that's what happens. I'll wait until the tempered glass comes out. I couldn't tolerate the fuzziness of the screen protector. Also, the screen protector scratches easily. Guess that's the whole point of having one, but it scratched not even a day after I had it put on which is ridiculous.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Update on the bodyguardz screen protector. I had to remove it because it made the screen appear fuzzier than normal - I thought there was something wrong with my camera because when I took pictures and went to view it it always looked fuzzy and I couldn't figure out why. At first, I thought the camera lens had a plastic sticker on it but it didn't. Then, I realized it was the screen protector so when I took it off, everything looked more clearer so now I'm stuck with no screen protector again but I guess that's what happens. I'll wait until the tempered glass comes out. I couldn't tolerate the fuzziness of the screen protector. Also, the screen protector scratches easily. Guess that's the whole point of having one, but it scratched not even a day after I had it put on which is ridiculous.

I have not had these problems at all with the Bodyguardz HD.
My pictures look nice, sharp and I don't have any scratches on the protector.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
While I can understand you being concerned with a slight degradation in image quality I think this is just an unfortunate side affect of being glass and accumulating a degree of oils from touches.

manusbaldspot

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
The IQ Liquid Shields for the Edge is pretty amazing for the price. Solid screen protector. Choose your case wisely though.

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
My Bodyguardz HD went on great but it didn't quite go down all the way on the edge of one side. It doesn't feel like it is peeling up though or like I will catch it with a finger or anything. Sure, it gathers a little lint there but I just don't really seem to to notice it on the edge. The main part of the screen looks great with no bubbles or dust underneath and it doesn't look blurry at all. I'll just keep on there until it peels up more.

Notamedic

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
My Bodyguardz HD went on great but it didn't quite go down all the way on the edge of one side. It doesn't feel like it is peeling up though or like I will catch it with a finger or anything. Sure, it gathers a little lint there but I just don't really seem to to notice it on the edge. The main part of the screen looks great with no bubbles or dust underneath and it doesn't look blurry at all. I'll just keep on there until it peels up more.

Same thing happened to me. I wonder if it was put on wrong or if just didn't let it sit and dry to my screen.

jredfearn390

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
What type of material is it? The reason I ask is I have the invisishield HD and around the bottom corners and the edge where my power button is my Otterbox pushes against it and causes it to peel or form bubbles and I had it installed correctly

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Just picked one up from ATT. Had them install it. Overall, its probably the best screen protector I have tried. I have used the IQ shield and the Tech Armor wet application protectors and just didnt like the feel. I also tried the Spigen and it was total crap. The edges didnt come close to staying down. I think NOT going edge to edge is the key as those curves are just to much to cover. This one is your typical plastic screen protector. It is coming up ever so slightly on one edge but its hardly noticeable with a case. This would be the one to get if you do use a case because it doesnt go edge to edge. I guess its the best you can get today, but its not as good as a traditional glass screen protector. Its the only thing I dont like about this phone, lack of screen protectors.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I have a zagg HD on my edge. It's perfect. I made sure I bought a few cases that didn't lift the corners and I have 4 cases now that work perfectly.

☆.♡~S7 edge~♡.☆

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay