08-09-2017 01:22 AM
694 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I posted this on their Facebook this morning. I also had another post on there yesterday...

When is samsung going to publicly acknowledge that there is an issue with the newly released "flagship" S7 and S7 Edge devices? Concerning the SD card notification, mounting, and remounting. There are literally hundreds of people with this issue so it's not isolated. I posted on here yesterday and got one measly response from Samsung. I know that Apple has had issues in the past with releases, but they address them immediately and get them fixed. What is it going to take for Samsung to publicly acknowledge this...a class action lawsuit? It's not like this is a run of the mill $200 phone. This is a $700- $800 device, and this needs to be addressed by Samsung and fixed now. I'm hoping Samsung actually reads this and takes it seriously. I will be posting this on every social media outlet that I can.
    03-30-2016 09:03 AM
    Great find! I currently have the non dual sim one
    Thank you Devendra95. The non dual sim is the one on the left. Are you having issues with the SD card in that tray? Also, I think you were the one who had a family member with another S7 and were able to swap trays. If so, are both trays identical? If they're NOT, which one is generating the notification?

Thanks for your help. I'm afraid that until this turns into another class action lawsuit against Samsung, we're on our own to try and figure out a solution.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-30-2016 09:16 AM
    Hi
    I have an S7 with NO SD card problems.
    The card holder in mind is the one on the left.
    I hopes this helps!
    Yes, tremendously. Thank you!!

03-30-2016 09:17 AM
    Thank you Devendra95. The non dual sim is the one on the left. Are you having issues with the SD card in that tray? Also, I think you were the one who had a family member with another S7 and were able to swap trays. If so, are both trays identical? If they're NOT, which one is generating the notification?

Thanks for your help. I'm afraid that until this turns into another class action lawsuit against Samsung, we're on our own to try and figure out a solution.

Yes, I'm currently having issues with the tray on the left. Also the other s7 tray that I used was also the one shown on the left
    03-30-2016 09:21 AM
    I get the SD card notification no matter which card I use. Just keeps repeating. Also, if I try and format or move an app to the card (currently using a Samsung 64GB), I get the screen that shows the action without the actually execute button. My photos still save to the card, though. I have the non-dual tray on the left in the photo...
    03-30-2016 09:48 AM
    I still have a feeling that some bug is causing Doze to spaz out and eject the SD card
    03-30-2016 09:50 AM
    Yesterday, I moved all apps to internal storage, backed up my files via USB and then formatted the 200GB SanDisk microSD card in the phone. I have copied all of the data back on minus the Android and LOST.DIR folders. I've not moved any apps to the external SD. I've had the "Unexpected dismount" notifications a few times since then but not nearly on the scale that it had been doing (10-15 times per day). I keep waiting for it to start again but so far, so good today. I had disabled battery optimization on "Android System" several weeks ago but I don't think that helped.

I love Samsung phones. All manufacturers have their issues, like when Apple did with the iPhone 4 antenna. I am sure that Samsung will fix this issue if it's truly hardware.
    03-30-2016 10:06 AM
    Yesterday, I moved all apps to internal storage, backed up my files via USB and then formatted the 200GB SanDisk microSD card in the phone. I have copied all of the data back on minus the Android and LOST.DIR folders. I've not moved any apps to the external SD. I've had the "Unexpected dismount" notifications a few times since then but not nearly on the scale that it had been doing (10-15 times per day). I keep waiting for it to start again but so far, so good today. I had disabled battery optimization on "Android System" several weeks ago but I don't think that helped.

I love Samsung phones. All manufacturers have their issues, like when Apple did with the iPhone 4 antenna. I am sure that Samsung will fix this issue if it's truly hardware.
    I'm with you 100% in that I LUV Samsung phones and that Apple had a similar issue with iPhone 4. However, the SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE is that Steve Jobs acknowledged the issue; vowed to fix it; and it was fixed. On the other hand, this is what we're getting from Samsung: "Did you do a factory reset, while standing on one foot facing east with your right arm stretched to your side?!" I invite you to check out their Facebook Support page, Visitors Post section. You'll see an OVERWHELMING number of complaints about the same issue, but they maintain radio silence.

Here's the article about iPhone 4 and Steve Jobs comments:

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/com...perfect-703819

03-30-2016 10:19 AM
    I posted this on their Facebook this morning. I also had another post on there yesterday...

When is samsung going to publicly acknowledge that there is an issue with the newly released "flagship" S7 and S7 Edge devices? Concerning the SD card notification, mounting, and remounting. There are literally hundreds of people with this issue so it's not isolated. I posted on here yesterday and got one measly response from Samsung. I know that Apple has had issues in the past with releases, but they address them immediately and get them fixed. What is it going to take for Samsung to publicly acknowledge this...a class action lawsuit? It's not like this is a run of the mill $200 phone. This is a $700- $800 device, and this needs to be addressed by Samsung and fixed now. I'm hoping Samsung actually reads this and takes it seriously. I will be posting this on every social media outlet that I can.
    Yup, that's what it's going to take I'm afraid.

03-30-2016 10:21 AM
    I, too, love Samsung phones but... Have you tried to move your apps back to the card? How did that go?
    03-30-2016 10:26 AM
    The question is:
    Is the dual sim card tray the one that's defective?

If you received a new phone that doesn't have the issue or you never had the issue in the first place, please check and let us know. I'm willing to buy the trays and put this issue behind us.
    I have the tray like the one on the left. (the single SIM/microSD tray) I only get the notification when the phone reboots. When I see it, I swipe it away and don't see it again until the next reboot. I don't have an issue with anything on the SD card being seen or disconnecting. My photos and videos are going to the SD card. I have the T-Mobile version purchased on 13 March.
    03-30-2016 11:06 AM
    So my notifications have randomly stopped...was getting a bunch right after the Verizon update, but now nothing. Go figure.
    03-30-2016 11:37 AM
    I, too, love Samsung phones but... Have you tried to move your apps back to the card? How did that go?
    I just moved a couple apps back to external. It's not something I normally do, actually. I guess they'd installed there by default. I will post my results later.
    03-30-2016 11:43 AM
    I'm with you 100% in that I LUV Samsung phones and that Apple had a similar issue with iPhone 4. However, the SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE is that Steve Jobs acknowledged the issue; vowed to fix it; and it was fixed. On the other hand, this is what we're getting from Samsung: "Did you do a factory reset, while standing on one foot facing east with your right arm stretched to your side?!" I invite you to check out their Facebook Support page, Visitors Post section. You'll see an OVERWHELMING number of complaints about the same issue, but they maintain radio silence.

Here's the article about iPhone 4 and Steve Jobs comments:

Steve Jobs: 'We're not perfect, phones aren't perfect' | TechRadar

And per that article, he acknowledged it 22 days after launch. Samsung only launched the S7e 19 days ago. They may publicly admit it soon, or maybe not. My point being, each manufacturer deals with things differently. I realize that you're hot about the issue - I get it. But, it is what it is. Either return the phone for a new one, get an iPhone, or whatever you feel is best for you. I am going to wait it out. The issue is much better since formatting the card in the phone.
    03-30-2016 11:46 AM
    Going by Samsung's past behavior (i.e. the Captivate GPS failures) Samsung will:
    1-Deny there is a defect
    2-Blame it on the carrier
    3-Issue a software update which also "addresses the issue"
    4-Continue to deny there is any problem, even though the update changes nothing
    5-Continue to blame it on the carrier
    6-Ask you to buy the S8.

Ritual seppuku is not in the Korean lexicon. Sadly.
    03-30-2016 12:06 PM
    So my notifications have randomly stopped...was getting a bunch right after the Verizon update, but now nothing. Go figure.
    I had the problem as bad as everyone else, but now I can't even get the notification if I tried (other than reboot). I moved apps to the card, changed permissions for apps using storage, etc. Nothing. Hard to believe it fixed itself. I'm just worried that it will resurface after I decide to keep the phone and not do an exchange. I'd love to believe the issue is gone from my phone, but that seems very unusual all of a sudden.

If it's a tray issue, maybe the card moved a bit and wedged itself in there real tight.
    03-30-2016 12:16 PM
    Unfortunately, it is a hardware issue. If I were you, I would protect my phone with a case and screen protector (to ensure to keep full warranty of the device) and wait a few months to get a phone from a new batch. I have a friend who works at Samsung Canada and he anonymously told me that this is a known issue by Samsung who will not admit it and they will still sale the batch that was previously build with this issue. Once they get new batch, this will be fixed. Good luck.
    03-30-2016 12:38 PM
    This isn't a small issue. Every time you get the notification, it's bc the SD card dismounted. If you are taking a video and this happens, the video stops or corrupts. If you are listening to music stored on the card, it stops. I believe the reason samsung did not activate the feature to store apps or use the SD card as internal memory is bc they knew of this issue and it would corrupt the phone. This is actually a very serious issue and there is no way that Samsung did not know about it.
    To be fair, we don't yet know if any of those possibilities actually have or will happen. Most here have posted this message appears when the phone is alone/idle, etc. There's a very good chance this will never happen if the SD card is being accessed (such as video recording, playing music, etc). This is likely because if it is software based, may be a feature of the doze function of Marshmallow as some have hypothesized here
    03-30-2016 12:38 PM
    I had the problem as bad as everyone else, but now I can't even get the notification if I tried (other than reboot). I moved apps to the card, changed permissions for apps using storage, etc. Nothing. Hard to believe it fixed itself. I'm just worried that it will resurface after I decide to keep the phone and not do an exchange. I'd love to believe the issue is gone from my phone, but that seems very unusual all of a sudden.

If it's a tray issue, maybe the card moved a bit and wedged itself in there real tight.
    My notifications have also randomly stopped
    03-30-2016 12:40 PM
    Oh and please note: It can stop for a few days and come back. I also assume it will degrade with time (sun, cold, etc). I am also assuming this is caused by the weak tray build. My 2 assumptions are only by 2 cents on this.
    03-30-2016 12:42 PM
    Both of mine, the good one and the bad one, were single SIM.
    03-30-2016 01:28 PM
    Single sim here on my Note 4

03-30-2016 05:00 PM
    I contacted Samsung through the support Facebook site. They asked me how I formatted my site, the steps I used to factory reset my phone etc. I told them I have done a factory website multiple times and this issue has occurred using multiple sd cards. They said to take it to a Samsung store and asked for my address. It turns out I am not close to a store near me, so they asked me to send in my phone to them and that They would get it back to me within 12-14 business days. I told them this is my only phone and cant be without a phone for a couple of weeks. They said this is the only option if I want my phone fixed. I guess I could spend $30 to activate my old note 4 and then send in my phone and pay another $30 to re-activate my s7 edge, but I am thinking do I want Samsung to look at the data on my phone.

I gave them the link to this forum and told them many other people are having this issue and see a lot of other people posting about this issue. They suggested I contact Sprint or Best Buy. I bought the phone from Best buy and was told to contact Samsung. They don't have any silver s7 edges in stock and do not know when they will get them. This afternoon, my sd card reappeared. It had not been recognized for 27 hours.

I am not sure what to do. The fact that I can get the sd card that is not being read in my s7 edge and put it in my note 4 and is automatically recognized, I think there is an issue with the phone.
    03-30-2016 05:09 PM
    03-30-2016 05:57 PM
    I ended up taking my SD card out, the message came out almost every time I unlocked my phone.
    03-30-2016 08:14 PM
694 ... 89101112 ...