SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !

Sherif82

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I get the same message on the Xperia Z3+ after Mashmallow update.
Think its just saying it can see the SD Card and it's using the old system.

Again, the message you get when you boot/restart your phone is normal with the Marshmallow update. What most of us on this forum are suffering from is the random and unexpected dismounting of the card, which results in the annoying notification.

mm1185

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
This only happens after I reboot my phone. After I swype the message its gone for good unless I reboot my phone again. So this is a software issue.

Sherif82

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
The issue is finally gaining some momentum on their Facebook page. Now, they're asking me to send them "private messages" so they can gather more information. Unbelievable!!!!! If you're on this forum PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE write about it on their Facebook Support page; it's simply called Samsung Support.

And, again, getting the notification when you start/restart your phone is NORMAL in Android Marshmallow. It's the RANDOM notifications that pop up while the phone is on that are the issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

rdandy5875

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Post to their main Facebook page for "Samsung Mobile USA" as well....

I'm not implying you will get anywhere with facebook support, and in fact I've found it's not even worth it to follow up on their replies. Replies will not bump your post back to the top. They want to get you on PM so it is off the radar.

Instead just keep making NEW posts to keep the subject in the most recent posts. I wonder if we can reach out to any tech related eNews channels?

kman00

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I don't know why you guys are pulling out your hair over this lol.. I only get this message when I restart my phone and I'm fine with it, I swipe it and close it and then it's gone till next restart. Don't make such a big deal out of it. It's a Marshmallow thing.

Strontiu

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I use also use the 64GB Kingston class10 (80MB/s r/w speed) card and have no issue. This message is only appear on power on the phone and that's it. Maybe it is the position in the tray. I have another issue with S7e loosing network randomly and force me to restart it. Maybe it is also the position in the tray because it is the same tray for som and sd card.

Knowledge10111

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I don't know why you guys are pulling out your hair over this lol.. I only get this message when I restart my phone and I'm fine with it, I swipe it and close it and then it's gone till next restart. Don't make such a big deal out of it. It's a Marshmallow thing.

For some of us the notification appears numerous times throughout the day, even without a restart. It starts to get on your nerves. I can deal with it showing up after a restart if that was the only time it shows up

acd_gal_s7e

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
For some of us the notification appears numerous times throughout the day, even without a restart. It starts to get on your nerves. I can deal with it showing up after a restart if that was the only time it shows up

Yes, exactly. It's maddening. And, it's not just a notification. If you catch it when it begins, it actually says the SD card was unexpectedly unmounted. I have physically removed the card and tried to make sure it's firmly in the tray but it's not helping.

kman00

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I see, well my bad, that would annoy me as well. Its weird tho, wondering what triggers the OS to show that notification multiple times. Maybe try a different card and see if the issue keeps happening. I'm using a Samsung Evo+ and works great.
Unfortunately that notification is a System UI and if you disable it you can miss out on other important notifications...

Knowledge10111

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I see, well my bad, that would annoy me as well. Its weird tho, wondering what triggers the OS to show that notification multiple times. Maybe try a different card and see if the issue keeps happening. I'm using a Samsung Evo+ and works great.
Unfortunately that notification is a System UI and if you disable it you can miss out on other important notifications...

Most of us have tried multiple cards without anything resolving. I am personally also using a Samsung EVO+

jwazzz

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I was having a lot of issues with sd card until I formatted card in phone. You also have to create any folders you want on the card while its in phone with My Files. Dont take memory card out and use card reader.

boulianc

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same issue non-stop for a while. I did everything mentioned here without any exception. Its not only the notification. Its also when you are listening music and checking photos from your external SD card that the device suddenly stop responding. I have a friend who work for Samsung Canada and he is in a "high level position". They have been aware of the issue since March 11. All their first shipments (their first batch) has this issue. And they quickly worked on it for the second build. However, we don't exactly know when this second build will be on the shelves (they may already be or not). Sometimes, it takes months. Because they had a lot made before the launch. And they will pass all of those before going to the second batch with the fix. Its an hardware issue officially. Sad but we got a lemon. We are now stuck with it. I would certainly be more than happy to flag this on Twitter, Facebook, everywhere possible. Where is the facebook page to complain.

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
After posting in Samsung's support Facebook page they started replying quickly. They kept asking me about my sd cards, which ones I have tried and if I have ever removed it while the phone is on. After telling them how many cards I have tried and letting them know that I never removed my cards with phone on. I didn't get a reply anymore. After a long wait, I replied to a comment from another viewer and a Samsung agent once again contacted me and started asking the same questions I had already answered before. I told that representative that they had to read my previous posts because I didn't plan on retyping everything again. I never heard from them again. Obviously they have no clue what to do and are not even bothering to read and truly help answer our questions.

Just read the whole exchange with you and Samsung. Incredibly frustrating. Might have well asked: "Did you try standing on one leg?". I know it's standard level 1 tech support troubleshooting, but they really need to open their eyes and see the problem here. Taking these issues to private messages doesn't seem like it will accomplish anything.

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I had this same problem and finally fixed it permanently.... Removed SIM and SD Card, did a factory reset of the phone, shut the phone down, opened the box it came in, put it back in the box, closed the box, put the SD Card in my GoPro, put the SIM back in my iPhone 6s. Amazingly I have not seen any more messages about my SD card.

hellosailor

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem on another brand of phone. Put the phone down before lunch, found it saying "NO SIM CARD!" after lunch. Apparently the SIM card holder (which is similar to the SD card holder) is known to simply go bad on some phones, and the only cure is to replace the daughterboard that has the SIM card holder on it. Why it should just go bad that way, no one knows, probably a manufacturing defect.

So while you've got a new phone under warranty? Take advantage of it, let them swap the phone out (hopefully for a new one not a refurb) and make sure it isn't failing, physically.

Then you can worry about reformatting and whether it is a software defect. Samsung never has software defects, they only have "upgrades". Which often don't fix the defects they claim never to have. (sigh.)

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I had this same problem and finally fixed it permanently.... Removed SIM and SD Card, did a factory reset of the phone, shut the phone down, opened the box it came in, put it back in the box, closed the box, put the SD Card in my GoPro, put the SIM back in my iPhone 6s. Amazingly I have not seen any more messages about my SD card.

That's actually pretty funny.

azie

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
I have had the same issue non-stop for a while. I did everything mentioned here without any exception. Its not only the notification. Its also when you are listening music and checking photos from your external SD card that the device suddenly stop responding. I have a friend who work for Samsung Canada and he is in a "high level position". They have been aware of the issue since March 11. All their first shipments (their first batch) has this issue. And they quickly worked on it for the second build. However, we don't exactly know when this second build will be on the shelves (they may already be or not). Sometimes, it takes months. Because they had a lot made before the launch. And they will pass all of those before going to the second batch with the fix. Its an hardware issue officially. Sad but we got a lemon. We are now stuck with it. I would certainly be more than happy to flag this on Twitter, Facebook, everywhere possible. Where is the facebook page to complain.
I can't belive this. Honestly.

Devendra95

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
i swapped out the sim tray from my mom's gold s7 and when i placed my sd card in, it was more secure with no wiggle room. So i placed that tray into my s7 and i will report back if that message appears again

Sherif82

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site

Well played Sir, well played. I just got done chatting with one of their Facebook reps and I can literally see smoke coming out of my ear, but haven't been able to stop laughing since I read your comment 😂😂😂😂😂

Sherif82

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
i swapped out the sim tray from my mom's gold s7 and when i placed my sd card in, it was more secure with no wiggle room. So i placed that tray into my s7 and i will report back if that message appears again

Yes please, with sugar on top of it, keep us posted. If it's "just" the tray, we can hope they'll own it at some point and send firmer trays to those impacted.