08-09-2017 01:22 AM
694 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    @GoCards14: Yes, I have the Exynos version, and I confirm that I have this issue from the beginning. I also have the tray on the left (single sim) - and the fit of the SD card is good.
    In my case, besides the actual notification, I also experienced what also a few other described here: phone blocked when listening to music from the SD card, when taking pictures and the SD card was unmounted unexpectedly, the camera would stop functioning, having the entire phone blocked a few times, not able to format the sd card sometimes (after a couple of hours this was corrected automatically), and so on.
    What I did:
    - Optimize Battery Usage - deselect it from that list (see above entire description) - no improvement
    - Formatting SD card multiple times inside of the phone - no improvement
    - Applying something similar with scotch tape on the tray where the SD card is mounted - I was inserting the tray harder - the SD was not having any possibility to move in the tray - no improvement
    - Soft reset multiple times (only in this way I was also able to restart the phone after I had several complete blockages) - no improvement
    - Factory reset - no improvement
    - Encrypting SD card - improvement
    After I encrypted the SD card, I only see the notification a couple of times per day (always after unlocking the phone) - maybe 3-4 times, BUT, everything else is working normally - no blockage, no freezing of poweramp while listening to music, no camera issues saving on SD card. However, when the notification appears now - like mentioned here as well, there are now 2 notifications (one for encryption, and the original one) - both can be swiped away.

EDIT: I was reading the other thread about the update, and there is a good idea there to help troubleshoot the issue. Can everybody please install the app "Phone info Samsung" and post here the phone model, country of origin and manufacturing date?

Phone model: SM-G935F
    Country of origin: Vietnam
    Manufacturing date: 2016.02.07
    BAD update unfortunately: while I was pushing poweramp (where I saw the most of the blockages that I was mentioning in my first post) to see if this is really solved, I had a major phone jam - everything stopped working. Only after a restart and also a soft restart I was able to make the phone function in a normal way. If until this I was having second thoughts on changing the phone, now I am 100% decided to change it.
    After the soft restart, the SD card was re-encrypted. Many hours before this jam, I installed the app mentioned by dmaul3300 (SD card monitor) to see if I get the card unmounted. Strangely, 0 unmounts until now - only after the soft restart, I have one mount (which is normal). Still, sending this back to the seller.
    03-31-2016 06:26 PM
    THIS PHONE HAS THE SD CARD ISSUE.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !-5571.jpg ย 
    03-31-2016 08:02 PM
    I have cleared all app caches and unmounted and uninstalled the sd card. Will update tomorrow about the constant reboots on this Note 4. At least I won't have the sd card notification for awhile.

03-31-2016 08:17 PM
    Those of you with the persistent notifications need to remove your cards and either deal with the on board memory for now or just return the phone. Every time the phone unmounts the SD card, it will scan the entire disk each time it remounts thus causing battery drain.

This is a hardware issue.

SD card notifications is a hardware issue | Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    03-31-2016 08:21 PM
    So, someone tell me again why the S6 and iPhones suck for not having an SD Card slot?
    03-31-2016 08:51 PM
    Because you should be able to increase the memory without buying a new phone.

03-31-2016 09:03 PM
    Made in Korea.
    2016/03/01

I Do NOT have the SD issue.
    03-31-2016 09:18 PM
    Made in Korea. 2016.03.05. No issues. FWIW, SanDisk Ultra 200GB Micro SD on sale on Amazon for $80.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-200GB-Micro-SDSDQUAN-200G-G4A/dp/B00V62XBQQ?tag=androidcentralb-20&m1k=d_ac
    03-31-2016 09:26 PM
    This notification keeps popping up a couple times a day. I've formatted, mounted, unmounted the card and it's still haunting me.

Is there any way to stop this?

Attachment 219912
    03-31-2016 09:34 PM
    No country of origin for my Note 4.
    The sd card I pulled out was a Samsung EVO 64GB that I kust installed 3 months ago.

Attached Thumbnails SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !-screenshot_2016-03-31-22-31-58.jpg ย 
    03-31-2016 09:36 PM
    I had the same problem until I put in a new SD card. Haven't seen the notification since.
    03-31-2016 09:37 PM
    So, someone tell me again why the S6 and iPhones suck for not having an SD Card slot?
    Because I can add up to 200GB with a microSD card, can a iPhone or S6??
    I haven't had ANY issues with either my 32 or 64Gb cards I've been using with my S7 Edge..
    acd_gal_s7e likes this.
    03-31-2016 09:44 PM
    No issues here:
    MADE IN VIETNAM
    2016 02 16
    Using a sandisc ultra 64g sdxc class 10 card
    04-01-2016 12:14 AM
    Update*
    As an update to my post a few days ago, I thought I fixed my sd card notification with the scotch tape method on the sd card, but after almost 3 days of no notifications, it came back again. My phone restarted, then the popups began, now i get about 10 a day.

On a different issue for a different thread, my 720p slomo video is choppy and skips frames, that bugs me as much if not more than this sd card notification. Hopefully they fix this soon with an update for AT&T.

Made in Korea.
    04-01-2016 01:24 AM
    3/24 Korean Build Date Verizon Silver Titanium - No issue. Looks like these new devices don't have them.

My previous 2x Gold ones had the dismount issue right away.
    04-01-2016 05:19 AM
    SM-G935A
    Korea

No issues for several days now, but it was happening a lot earlier this week.
    04-01-2016 08:54 AM
    Well I unmounted and uninstalled the sd card 18 hrs ago. (No more sd card notifications obviously) I haven't had any random reboots either. I have been averaging 6-12 per day using various apps, surfing the web, and even during phone calls. Issues all started 6 days ago right after Sprint pushed Marshmallow on my Note 4. If any more reboots occur I will do a factory reset and hopefully get a cleaner 6.0.1 install. Im thinking corruption somewhere.

Devendra95 likes this.
    04-01-2016 09:53 AM
    Well I unmounted and uninstalled the sd card 18 hrs ago. (No more sd card notifications obviously) I haven't had any random reboots either. I have been averaging 6-12 per day using various apps, surfing the web, and even during phone calls. Issues all started 6 days ago right after Sprint pushed Marshmallow on my Note 4. If any more reboots occur I will do a factory reset and hopefully get a cleaner 6.0.1 install. Im thinking corruption somewhere.

When I unmounted my card manually through the settings, it re mounts itself later and the notifications start again
    04-01-2016 09:59 AM
    My friend has only popped up 3 times already today. It's getting worst instead of better.
    04-01-2016 10:01 AM
    It does not bother me it only shows up when I reboot the phone a simple swipe and it's gone.
    04-01-2016 11:43 AM
    It does not bother me it only shows up when I reboot the phone a simple swipe and it's gone.
    That means your phone is functioning properly and you are not experiencing the notification issue that people are having in this thread. That's a nice thing, enjoy your phone.

To the others in the thread, I was lucky and swapped mine out for one without this issue, but I continue to follow this thread as how Samsung addresses this issue will impact how I feel about them as a company (this is my first Samsung Android phone). I will be crossing fingers for a positive resolution/solution soon!
    Biga173rd likes this.
    04-01-2016 12:15 PM
    That means your phone is functioning properly and you are not experiencing the notification issue that people are having in this thread. That's a nice thing, enjoy your phone.

To the others in the thread, I was lucky and swapped mine out for one without this issue, but I continue to follow this thread as how Samsung addresses this issue will impact how I feel about them as a company (this is my first Samsung Android phone). I will be crossing fingers for a positive resolution/solution soon!
    It always bothers me when someone is having a major issue with their phones no one should go through that nightmare especially when we pay a lot of money for our devices there should be no room for errors. Me recently I had an issue with my notification shade bug which I could not fix. I had to hard reset my phone to fix a simple bug. Hopefully Sammy sends an update to fix it. Thanks for the kind words I was not trying to come off like I didn't care about others If I did sorry about.
    04-01-2016 01:51 PM
    Just talked to the best Cell company in the world (AKA T-mobile) and they're sending us new phones on Monday. Will keep y'all posted ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰ On another note, the fact that Samsung is STILL not owning this has earned them a complaint with the BBB. Folks, we have a government to which we pay A LOT of taxes so it would work for us: use it.

On a funny note: The Tmobile technician to whom I spoke had just bought an S7. So, when I was done telling him that this is a wide-spread issue and he got to read this thread, he responded: "REALLY? That's not good. I should get an SD card for mine soon then to see if it's defective."

Hopefully, this nightmare ends on Monday; fingers crossed.

S.

Devendra95 likes this.
    04-01-2016 02:10 PM
    Just talked to the best Cell company in the world (AKA T-mobile) and they're sending us new phones on Monday. Will keep y'all posted ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰ On another note, the fact that Samsung is STILL not owning this has earned them a complaint with the BBB. Folks, we have a government to which we pay A LOT of taxes so it would work for us: use it.

On a funny note: The Tmobile technician to whom I spoke had just bought an S7. So, when I was done telling him that this is a wide-spread issue and he got to read this thread, he responded: "REALLY? That's not good. I should get an SD card for mine soon then to see if it's defective."

Hopefully, this nightmare ends on Monday; fingers crossed.

S.

Did they ask you to send the defective one back?
    04-01-2016 02:48 PM
    Did they ask you to send the defective one back?
    Yes, within 7 days. I can mail it or take it in to a Tmobile store. We're opting for the latter.

04-01-2016 02:51 PM
694 ... 1011121314 ...