08-09-2017 01:22 AM
694 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Yes, within 7 days. I can mail it or take it in to a Tmobile store. We're opting for the latter.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Sounds good to me. Thanks for keeping us posted!
    04-01-2016 03:02 PM
    Ever since I downloaded the update from Sprint, no issues. That was 2 days ago. Got a SanDisk Ultra 64 in the phone now. Gonna try swapping the SD card this weekend to see how it works.
    04-01-2016 05:21 PM
    Ever since I downloaded the update from Sprint, no issues. That was 2 days ago. Got a SanDisk Ultra 64 in the phone now. Gonna try swapping the SD card this weekend to see how it works.
    Hopefully the other carriers follow and release an update soon
    04-01-2016 05:24 PM
    I have a Canadian version via Rogers. Model SM-G935W8, made in Vietnam on 3/17/16.

Using a Sandisk Extreme 64GB card, I've had zero issues. I did copy the few photos on the card to device storage when I inserted it, and then formatted the card and moved everything back.

The only time I get the SD card notification is after a restart, as expected. The card fits snugly with no movement in the tray, FWIW.

I have a 128GB card on the way from Amazon; I'll report if anything changes after switching cards.
    04-01-2016 11:44 PM
    it happened to me a lot then stopped happening for a week or two now its happening CONSTANTLY again.
    currently i can't even get the phone to recognize the card. this has happened before temp in between the random mount and unmounts but now its just ridiculous. card works in everything but the phone atm
    04-02-2016 01:34 AM
    Guys just confused...should I buy the s7 edge or wait for the fix from samsung or new batch of phones...as i live in mumbai india we get unlocked phones here...thou currently there is no stock at samsung...new stock arriving next week...advice guys ?

Posted via My Awesome Lumia 950 ds red and gold or LG G4 or surface pro 4
    04-02-2016 04:26 AM
    I've been lurking here for about a week with the same issue. For two days now, I've been notification free and I've only made one change - turn ON the "Always On Display" feature. Prior to this, the notification would show every 20 min to 1 hour using three separate SD cards. Coupling this with some indicating that turing OFF battery Optimization for "System UI" also resolves this issue suggests that this is a software issue related to the battery optimization of the UI that occurs when the "Always On Display" feature is not active. Perhaps the optimization unmounts the SD card unintentionally as a result of a low power mode?

It would be interesting to hear from people experiencing and not experiencing this issue regarding 1) the status of the "Always On Display." and 2) the status of battery optimization for the "System UI."

I'm not a fan of the always on display and would prefer to not use it. I'm looking forward to a software patch to resolve this issue.

Best of luck to everyone.
    Devendra95 likes this.
    04-02-2016 09:59 AM
    I had the issue from the beginning, when I first got the phone and used the always on display. Later, I realized the AOD wasn't necessary and turned it off, still had the issue.

Turned off the battery optimization for System UI and the notifications stopped... for about a day. Then they were back.

Strangely, as some others have posted, the problems has just stopped. Out of the blue. Haven't had a notification in several days, lost count, maybe almost a week. Turned optimization for System UI back on a couple of days ago, still no notifications. I have no idea what caused it to stop happening.

It's funny how there are SO many DIFFERENT things that have SOLVED this issue on these forums, and each time someone fixes it, they claim "therefore it must be a hardware/software issue". But they don't realize how many different "solutions" have been reported.

I'm crossing my fingers it's gone for good, or that it comes back with a vengeance so I can exchange my phone and stop worrying if it will ever come back. I'm putting my money on those who have solved it with a phone exchange.
    04-02-2016 10:42 AM
    i've been having constant issues with the sd card unmounting and remounting. i tried exchanging phone at best buy(originaly purchased) but they were always out. so i thought i'd try the verizon corporate store. they didnt even look at the phone and said they would send out a warranty replacement, then i would send my old phone back afterwards. its almost as if the guy knew there were issues. and i dont have insurance plan.
    anyways, i'm happy to be getting a replacement.
    04-02-2016 04:46 PM
    Verizon will exchange a phone you purchased at Best Buy?
    04-02-2016 05:11 PM
    Verizon will exchange a phone you purchased at Best Buy?
    yes sir. guy told me it was a warranty issue.
    04-02-2016 05:14 PM
    I have the message all the time. "SD Card". But it is just a message, and to go to the trouble of replacing the whole phone, I don't think it would be worth it. Plus,, are you sure it will fix the issue when you get a new phone. I would assume, at some time they will have a patch or upgrade software to fix this, but in no way do i think this little message is a problem to my phone. Just try to imagine it as a D drive when you turn on your pc, you can access your files and manage them from the message.
    I would like to hear more from people replacing their phone and what the salesmen are saying about this. It just seems crazy that they will replace a whole phone over just a pop up SD card message. Is there a deeper problem or issue that we don't know about? And it does not make sense that they will replace all these phones, and not go a cheaper way as to fix the bug.
    04-02-2016 09:06 PM
    I have the message all the time. "SD Card". But it is just a message, and to go to the trouble of replacing the whole phone, I don't think it would be worth it. Plus,, are you sure it will fix the issue when you get a new phone. I would assume, at some time they will have a patch or upgrade software to fix this, but in no way do i think this little message is a problem to my phone. Just try to imagine it as a D drive when you turn on your pc, you can access your files and manage them from the message.
    I would like to hear more from people replacing their phone and what the salesmen are saying about this. It just seems crazy that they will replace a whole phone over just a pop up SD card message. Is there a deeper problem or issue that we don't know about? And it does not make sense that they will replace all these phones, and not go a cheaper way as to fix the bug.
    its not just a message. the card actually unmounts, then remounts. how would you like to have a D drive on your pc disconnecting at random?
    Roque13 likes this.
    04-02-2016 09:11 PM
    The problem is that Samsung now knows its a problem based in some of their comments on their support page. Also it shouldn't be doing this to begin with, and I have visually seen it unmount and remount on its own based in the message. And when I go to my camera it has a message letting me know an SD card has been inserted even though it's been in the whole time. I called at&t today and they are replacing the phone with me. My first edge that had to exchange due to the home button not working didn't have the issue at all. So hopefully the replacement won't either. I guess we'll see.
    04-02-2016 09:12 PM
    its not just a message. the card actually unmounts, then remounts. how would you like to have a D drive on your pc disconnecting at random?
    Exactly. I took my SD card out until I get my replacement. I don't have much on there anyways, by its the principle that it shouldn't be doing it in the first place.
    04-02-2016 09:20 PM
    Mine does not do that. Just the annoying message for me. And yes, I would be upset if this happened to me. It seems there are many different problem with this issue. In that case, I would demand a replacement.
    Now I am a little worried if this might happen to me latter on..
    04-02-2016 09:22 PM
    My thing is that as soon as I took the sd card out, the random reboots stopped completely.

04-03-2016 09:38 AM
    like someone else mentioned, install "sd card monitor" from the app store, and you can see a history log of your card mounting, unmounting, etc.
    04-03-2016 10:09 AM
    I love having SD cards back, but I think if you read through this thread, you can probably understand why Samsung got rid of them. The problem is that when you leave such a fundamental part of your phone to any number of manufacturers with a variety of speeds, even if it is on a "standard" format such as micro SD, you get mixed results. Just look at Bluetooth - another so called "standard", and how it's implementation in different cars and different phones causes so many problems. This is similar. Its one of the reasons I got a Samsung micro SD card. I assume that their QA department would find it cheaper to test with those.
    04-03-2016 10:45 AM
    Its not the sd card...but Samsung's fault by software or hardware...I have been always using phones with sd card slot...never had any ISSUE or heard of one that is on s7 edge...soo plz...even a 10$ phone handles well a sd card

Posted via My Awesome Lumia 950 ds red and gold or LG G4 or surface pro 4
    04-03-2016 11:46 AM
    SM-G935A
    Made in Korea

Silver and has the SD card notification problem.
    04-03-2016 12:03 PM
    I love having SD cards back, but I think if you read through this thread, you can probably understand why Samsung got rid of them. The problem is that when you leave such a fundamental part of your phone to any number of manufacturers with a variety of speeds, even if it is on a "standard" format such as micro SD, you get mixed results. Just look at Bluetooth
    I respectfully disagree. I have used SD or MicroSD cards on phones starting back with the S5, the Nexus, and back to PALM devices. I have never had a random dismount or recurring message with any of those other phones. It is the implementation that is causing issues for certain users(hardware and/or software), not the feature.

On my S7 Edge/Verizon with a 200GB sandisk card, I had a few random dismounts the first week but since then none. And no notifications other than at boot which is normal. Who knows why? An update? The phase of the moon?
    I must admit I add files to the card via USB now vs. taking it out and using a card reader. It works so I am leaving it in there...

BJB1
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    04-03-2016 12:25 PM
    Update: *** Inserted, and formatted a brand new Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb SDXC in my Note 4. The reboots started almost immediately. During phone calls, Facebook, browsing. Doesn't have any recurring theme except having any card installed since the Android 6.0.1 update that came a week ago.

I took the SD card out two days ago and had enjoyed two entire days of zero reboots.

Marshmallow sucks. I want my Lollipop back!!!

04-03-2016 05:32 PM
    Update: *** Inserted, and formatted a brand new Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb SDXC in my Note 4. The reboots started almost immediately. During phone calls, Facebook, browsing. Doesn't have any recurring theme except having any card installed since the Android 6.0.1 update that came a week ago.

I took the SD card out two days ago and had enjoyed two entire days of zero reboots.

Marshmallow sucks. I want my Lollipop back!!!

note 4?
    04-03-2016 10:08 PM

Just received this update from T-Mobile. Hopefully this fixes the issue. I will report back
    04-04-2016 05:29 AM
694 ... 1112131415 ...