08-09-2017 01:22 AM
694 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Does anyone have a status update on this issue? I am outside of the 14 day return (purchased at BestBuy) and this notification is driving me crazy. I tried working with Samsung support and that was less than helpful.

Any new news?
    04-05-2016 10:14 AM
    Does anyone have a status update on this issue? I am outside of the 14 day return (purchased at BestBuy) and this notification is driving me crazy. I tried working with Samsung support and that was less than helpful.

Any new news?
    Based on this forum, there is no one surefire fix. Varied results are achieved often times doing the same things. Some have had success changing the device, others have seen the message just disappear. Short answer is that there is no one sure fix at this point.
    04-05-2016 10:22 AM

Any new news?
    I bought at best buy too. I went to Verizon store and they sent me a replacement right away. Was at store on Saturday and got phone Monday. I don't even have insurance. But guy told me it was a warranty issue. Replacement phone looks like new. And no more sd card issues yet....
    04-05-2016 02:28 PM
    It now has been over 3 weeks with no pop up! My fix was one of two things... either I correctly put the SD card in, or my factory reset did the job. Can't tell you which one it was. I do know that I have no plans to touch the card again. I bought the 200mb and only have 40mb used, so it stays put.
    It would have driven me to return or sell my phone if it had not stopped.
    04-05-2016 02:35 PM
    ...either I correctly put the SD card in, or my factory reset did the job.
    I have done neither of those and mine has also stopped.
    04-05-2016 02:39 PM
    Brand New, Fresh Verizon S7 edge, build date of 3/23/16, put in SD card this morning and everything was looking good until about 5 minutes ago.
    The SD notification just reared it's ugly head for the first time.
    Hopefully this problem can be fixed with an update in the near future.
    04-05-2016 08:10 PM
    Brand New, Fresh Verizon S7 edge, build date of 3/23/16, put in SD card this morning and everything was looking good until about 5 minutes ago.
    Ugh. That's definitely unfortunate. Makes me leery getting mine on Thursday.
    04-05-2016 08:26 PM
    Man I was hoping that a new batch would fix it. I took out my SD card because I fear that my card will be corrupted after the constant un mounting
    04-05-2016 08:27 PM
    I'll report back tomorrow and let everyone know if it keeps coming back.
    Our 2 silver S7 edges are good for about 3-4 SD notifications a day.
    Devendra95 and Wildo6882 like this.
    04-05-2016 08:34 PM
    I'll report back tomorrow and let everyone know if it keeps coming back.
    Our 2 silver S7 edges are good for about 3-4 SD notifications a day.
    Also, keep track of when they come back such as when you leave the phone down of when you're using it. Thanks!
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    04-05-2016 08:40 PM
    I have the message of "SD card for transferring and media." is this anything serious. It shows up a lot during the day when i wake up my phone.
    I installed SD Card Monitor to keep an eye on things.
    04-05-2016 08:41 PM
    Ive experienced the same thing. i formatted my phone and my sd card many times. to find what causes the problem. Im using s7 edge. They said it is simply a way of the system to notify you have sd card on. They also said once you reboot your phone it will appear but once you click clear it will stop. The only time it will appear is when you turn on your phone thats it。
    04-06-2016 05:51 AM
    Ive experienced the same thing. i formatted my phone and my sd card many times. to find what causes the problem. Im using s7 edge. They said it is simply a way of the system to notify you have sd card on. They also said once you reboot your phone it will appear but once you click clear it will stop. The only time it will appear is when you turn on your phone thats it。
    yeah after formatting the SD card on my S7 using the built in functionality to format the card, I only get the notification once every reboot then it never appears again.
    xin.08 likes this.
    04-06-2016 07:22 AM
    That puts a whole new wrinkle on my plan. My local Best Buy is supposed to call me when they get new stock (I went in with the issue on the 14th day after purchase, they allowed me to exchange under the 14 day policy whenever the new stock comes in, basically putting it on pause). My phone has been working fine, no notifications in quite some time. Do I still do the exchange when they receive stock or do I just keep mine and hope for the best?
    04-06-2016 07:26 AM
    This notification keeps popping up a couple times a day. I've formatted, mounted, unmounted the card and it's still haunting me.

Is there any way to stop this?

Attachment 219912
    Do you have a lock screen with fingerprint on it? I noticed when my phone didn't have fingerprint for lock, it didn't pop up unless it turned back on. Once I used lockscreen of fingerprint, it popped up several times a day.
    04-06-2016 11:11 AM
    That puts a whole new wrinkle on my plan. My local Best Buy is supposed to call me when they get new stock (I went in with the issue on the 14th day after purchase, they allowed me to exchange under the 14 day policy whenever the new stock comes in, basically putting it on pause). My phone has been working fine, no notifications in quite some time. Do I still do the exchange when they receive stock or do I just keep mine and hope for the best?
    I dont think you need to change your phone if its working just fine. What if the one you choose to replaced it would be much worst? Just monitor your device, if you found something strange then you decide

Me i get this pesky system isnt responding message then wait or ok option, whatever i choose it will turn off by itself. Then when it turns back on it gives me a flashing screen for a couple of minutes perhaps. Then it will run smoothly like nothing had happened. It happened whenever i tried to turn my phone off. So i tried to reformatted my phone and my sd card about 4times already(i even formatted them separately) still nothings changed. I even thought that maybe it is because of my sd card so i tried using it without sd card, to found out sd card is not the culprit. It's really annoying though. but i gave it a try. So i found out it gives me that notification whenever i tried to use the device as quick as it turns on. So now whenever i turned it off then turned it on i give it a minute or two before i used it.
    04-06-2016 11:46 AM
    I just got my phone a few days ago and i ordered a 128 gb micro SD card by Samsung and haven't had any problems when i put in my phone, i even activated the phone myself and put in the SD card. No pop-ups.
    04-06-2016 12:48 PM
    I may have to try a different card also but on my wife's new S7e silver from preorder and received on 3/10 the issue does not occur. However it is a simple 32 gb card which some have said worked for them but larger cards didn't.
    04-06-2016 02:34 PM
    I may have to try a different card also but on my wife's new S7e silver from preorder and received on 3/10 the issue does not occur. However it is a simple 32 gb card which some have said worked for them but larger cards didn't.
    Yes on my first S7, out of 4 cards, only an older 32gb class-10 card worked flawlessly.

New replacement phone has been fine with a EVO+64gb, but I put on in ONCE, and don't plan on taking it out any time soon....In hindsight I should have opted for a 128gb.
    04-06-2016 02:38 PM
    I started seeing this issue again after the latest t-mobile update last night. It's still very random, but happening more. Even my wife who saw the issue once is now seeing it a lot.
    04-06-2016 03:17 PM
    Do you have a lock screen with fingerprint on it? I noticed when my phone didn't have fingerprint for lock, it didn't pop up unless it turned back on. Once I used lockscreen of fingerprint, it popped up several times a day.
    My wife doesn't have lock screen and still gets it. It's a very weird issue.
    04-06-2016 03:19 PM
    I have watching this thread for a week to find solution for SD card keep Unmounting Itself on my Galaxy S7. Because my sd card pop up like hell (30-40 per day). Then I found the solution is I go to Samsung Galaxy app store to download an app call Good Lock. After install and restart my device, I don't get any more SD card unmounted pop up since Tuesday. I hope it helps you guys.

Note: Good Lock is an app that update the Android system UI, so I think The Sd Card was conflict with System UI whole time.
    Wildo6882 and hillybillycrash like this.
    04-06-2016 07:45 PM
    The new black S7 edge had one SD card notification yesterday and one today. The one today came only after I was viewing some pictures I have on the SD card. I guess one pop up a day is better then 3-4 a day with the other phones.

I just hope this is something Samsung can fix with a software update or replacement trays for everyone.
    Wildo6882 and Jack Tekus like this.
    04-06-2016 08:19 PM
    I have watching this thread for a weak to find solution for SD card keep Unmounting Itself on my Galaxy S7. Because my sd card pop up like hell (30-40 per day). Then I found the solution is I go to Samsung Galaxy app store to download an app call Good Lock. After install and restart my device, I don't get any more SD card unmounted pop up since Tuesday. I hope it helps you guys.

Note: Good Lock is an app that update the Andriod system UI, so I think The Sd Card was conflict with System UI whole time.
    This is actually working for me so far. At first I wasn't sure about the app, but it's starting to grow on me. Also, if it stops the SD card unmounting issue (occurred 80 times today alone before installing Good Lock) all the better. Those of you having the same issue might want to give it a try!
    Wildo6882, Devendra95 and Viet9a3 like this.
    04-06-2016 09:19 PM
    This is actually working for me so far. At first I wasn't sure about the app, but it's starting to grow on me. Also, if it stops the SD card unmounting issue (occurred 80 times today alone before installing Good Lock) all the better. Those of you having the same issue might want to give it a try!
    Same here
    Jack Tekus and Viet9a3 like this.
    04-06-2016 09:27 PM
694 ... 1314151617 ...