08-09-2017 01:22 AM
694 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    In the conversation between me and the Samsung representative we agreed that maybe that was the problem, so she proceeded to install a fresh copy of the operating system on my phone.
    Did it work?
    04-10-2016 01:17 PM
    I can't believe the counter monkeys at the Samsung booth in a Best Buy could install a fresh copy of Android on any phone. I just don't see it happening. This is just my opinion though.
    04-10-2016 01:31 PM
    I can't believe the counter monkeys at the Samsung booth in a Best Buy could install a fresh copy of Android on any phone. I just don't see it happening. This is just my opinion though.
    My wife had an S5 that would fail the update every time it tried to update to Lollipop. We tried for a couple months. Cleared the cache. Factory reset. Nothing worked. Finally went to Best Buy and they were able to do a clean install of the update. Worked flawlessly and took like 20 minutes. The guy was actually pretty helpful. I was shocked.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    04-10-2016 02:07 PM
    Did it work?
    Yes, it worked for me.
    04-10-2016 02:31 PM
    I asked at my locl store and the guy said he could. I was shocked. He doesn't even know you cannot talk and surf simultaneously on 3G but he knows how to flash a rom.
    04-10-2016 02:34 PM
    Doubt if all of them would just do that though. You might have caught a decent and kind Samsung representative. I will ask my local and see how it goes.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-10-2016 02:38 PM
    I asked at my locl store and the guy said he could. I was shocked. He doesn't even know you cannot talk and surf simultaneously on 3G but he knows how to flash a rom.
    Well you can on 3G, as long as you're not using a CDMA phone.
    04-10-2016 04:08 PM
    Well you can on 3G, as long as you're not using a CDMA phone.
    He knew it was a VZW phone. Does GSM even have 3G?
    04-10-2016 04:10 PM
    Just to share my experience on the S7 (not edge). I did not do anything special to try to overcome my notification problem but I only had it pop up 2 or 3 times total in last 4 weeks (other than on reboot). It just happened this afternoon after at least a week of silence. I did nothing out of the ordinary, took it out of my pocket and there it was. Using a sandisk pixtor advanced performance 64gb. I did not format it, and I do not set anything to save to SD. I only have some music and photos on it.
    04-10-2016 07:56 PM
    I've also had the notification (SanDisk 200gb) issue but nothing to annoying. What appears to have fixed it was to encrypt/decrypt the SD card and for the last week have not had the notification pop up.
    04-10-2016 10:47 PM
    The Samsung counter jockeys at Best Buy are complete idiots. I stopped in to my local Best Buy on Thursday. I explained the issue and his only response was "try another SD card." This was after I told him I used the same card in a Galaxy S7 for 2 weeks straight with no issues at all. Samsung support on this issue has been terrible. Argued with them too. I finally had enough and called T-Mobile support. After a brief explanation of the issue, the woman sent me a new unit. Hopefully this works, though I have read some on this thread who got a new device and still have the same issue. I guess I will find out on Wednesday when the new unit arrives.

felloffthetruck likes this.
    04-10-2016 10:54 PM
    SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !-194547.jpg
    Crazy SOT for S7 Edge sol exynos

Posted via My Awesome Lumia 950 ds red and gold or LG G4 or surface pro 4
    04-11-2016 04:48 AM
    Slightly different SD card issue for me. I have gotten past the issue of the original poster is concerned. But now I constantly am getting an error message from Spotify saying that no storage devices found. My SanDisk Ultra 128 gigabyte card works fine for everything else but for whatever reason I cannot open my Spotify app and use it at all anymore. Any ideas on this?
    04-11-2016 07:43 PM
    Mine also comes up with the Splanner notification at monotonous regularity and i have that disabled and blocked every way i can...gives me the pips!!!
    04-12-2016 12:25 AM
    I installed Good lock last week and I have yet to get the SD card message again. Only problem is that I am not sure I like the themeing that happens with it. The right and left swipe doing different things annoys me on the notification pull down as well...
    Devendra95 likes this.
    04-12-2016 06:57 AM
    I installed Good lock last week and I have yet to get the SD card message again. Only problem is that I am not sure I like the themeing that happens with it. The right and left swipe doing different things annoys me on the notification pull down as well...
    I have done nothing, no Good Lock, no in phone formatting, no factory reset, and the messages have just about disappeared for me. I get it maybe once a week now, before it used to be several times a day. Edge with a 64gb pny uhs-3. Big Red.
    04-12-2016 07:28 AM
    I haven't had any messages or unmountings from April 1st until today. Went through two t-mobile updates and all was good. Last night I rebooted and today the errors are constant again.

I don't believe the type of SD cards matter of new versions of hardware. If I can go two weeks without any issues and no unmountings and something random just sets it off then this is a software issue. Needs to be fixed by Samsung.
    04-13-2016 12:21 PM
    I get the pop up at least once a day. Minor annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless.
    04-13-2016 02:10 PM
    I received my replacement S7 edge from T-Mobile yesterday. So far it's been 24 hours with no issues at all. I have not seen the constant SD card notifications - I'm keeping my fingers crossed. One other thing I noticed is that the replacement device has MUCH BETTER battery life than what I was getting with my original S7 edge. I don't know why that would be other than it was a defective device from the beginning. I didn't change anything different as the phone is set up with the same apps and settings as my original. Hopefully the issue is gone.
    04-13-2016 02:33 PM
    wow. almost everyone is getting this. surprised its on all over the news.
    Lots of people are replying they have the issue, but most people aren't having the issue.

04-13-2016 02:53 PM
    I hesitated to post this here or a separate thread as not sure if it is related. As I reported earlier in the thread, my 200GB mounted and dismounted during it's first week. However since, totally fine.... no notices either.

Then this week, every morning when I pickup the phone off the wireless charger, it has restarted overnight. I know this as I use fingerprint ID but upon reboot it demands a password. It did not do this for weeks until this week. No change that I am aware of, and I checked, it did not install an update. It never restarts during the day!

Not sure if related or what....And Verizon does not have the option to restart at a particular time so it is not that setting.

Very strange. Will keep an eye out for dismounts or messages too..
    BJB1
    04-13-2016 06:10 PM
    I hesitated to post this here or a separate thread as not sure if it is related. As I reported earlier in the thread, my 200GB mounted and dismounted during it's first week. However since, totally fine.... no notices either.

Then this week, every morning when I pickup the phone off the wireless charger, it has restarted overnight. I know this as I use fingerprint ID but upon reboot it demands a password. It did not do this for weeks until this week. No change that I am aware of, and I checked, it did not install an update. It never restarts during the day!

Not sure if related or what....And Verizon does not have the option to restart at a particular time so it is not that setting.

Very strange. Will keep an eye out for dismounts or messages too..
    BJB1
    I had the same thing happen to me this morning. No sign that it had installed any updates. Fingers crossed it will be a one off. I've only had two random restarts since I've had the phone and only once had the SD card notification for no reason.
    04-14-2016 03:07 AM
    So I installed Good Lock for several days and only had one notification. I then uninstalled Good Lock yesterday and went back to the default settings and the SD Card notification has returned several times.
    04-14-2016 12:03 PM
    I uninstalled the last app I installed, did a little dance, twirled around 3 times while rubbing my head and I did not have a reboot last night!
    ShinyTop and runamonk like this.
    04-14-2016 06:04 PM
    yes!! and not only that, i even did the software refresh, changed different sd cards, brands and sizes, chianged the tray, still same thing!!!! still looking for solutions, sent the device back to samsung, and even that samsung accessed my phone via the remote access, and they were able to see this notification on my phone screen, and after sending the device for repairs to Samsung after 1 week i received a call from Samsung and they are saying , that they ca not get the phone to Mimic the same message, so now they are saying that no problem found, so now just go and guess what else to do, and so far they are are not offering to replace the device, even that i don't really think, that it will solve the issue. i was told by one of the samsung rep, that it maybe a mother board problem, but still who will listen to me?? the bottom line is even that its not going to help us at this time, but i strongly believe that this is the first batch of those defected devices that we got it as the first one to get those devices on preorder. i guess never get any of new release as the first one to get it, just wat for few months before getting a new release device. but in respect what is the fix for now no answer!!!!!!
    04-16-2016 03:44 AM
694 ... 1617181920 ...