08-09-2017 01:22 AM
694 1234 ...
tools
    Cool, everyone in the reddit and xda forums thinking it's a hardware issue might want to factory reset first. maybe it's the first thing you should do when you get the phone to start? who knows what samsung, tmobile, at&t, verizon did with it?!! I think we found a resolution for this bug!
    jkl8980 likes this.
    03-15-2016 03:24 PM
    I'll pass on factory resetting my phone over this notification.
    recDNA and KPMcClave like this.
    03-16-2016 05:02 PM
    Hi there!

I had this same issue and tried many different strategies (factory reset, changing out the SD card, formatting the SD card, etc.), but it kept unmounting itself and/or displaying the notification.

The common thread in these notifications was that they only occurred when booting up the phone or waking it up, which made me think about Android M's new Doze feature and whether it was affecting the System UI, which is the app that produces these SD card notifications (to confirm this, long press the SD card notification and click the settings icon and it will take you to the System UI app information).

As such, I tried the following:

-Go to Settings and select Battery
    -Tap More on the top right side and select Optimize Battery Usage
    -Change the dropdown menu to All apps
    -Scroll down to System UI and deselect it to de-optimize it
    -Once you've de-optimized the System UI, take a photo with the phone (that goes onto the SD card) or move an app to the SD card to ensure that it is engaged with the new System UI setting

Since following these steps yesterday, the only time I see the SD card notification is when I restart the phone. I have yet to see it appear at all between restarts.

I hope this works for you!
    felloffthetruck and Vlad K like this.
    03-18-2016 02:13 PM
    I made a back-up of my SD card, formatted it, re-installed the back up and inserted back into the phone. I have not seen the problem since. I did not do a factory reset as I was trying to avoid that. FYI...my issue was happening all the time regardless of whether it was just tired on or not. Fingers crossed that this fixed the issue.
    03-18-2016 03:02 PM
    Swiped it away after seeing it under my pulldown menu and it never came back.
    03-18-2016 03:38 PM
    Hi there!

I had this same issue and tried many different strategies (factory reset, changing out the SD card, formatting the SD card, etc.), but it kept unmounting itself and/or displaying the notification.

The common thread in these notifications was that they only occurred when booting up the phone or waking it up, which made me think about Android M's new Doze feature and whether it was affecting the System UI, which is the app that produces these SD card notifications (to confirm this, long press the SD card notification and click the settings icon and it will take you to the System UI app information).

As such, I tried the following:

-Go to Settings and select Battery
    -Tap More on the top right side and select Optimize Battery Usage
    -Change the dropdown menu to All apps
    -Scroll down to System UI and deselect it to de-optimize it
    -Once you've de-optimized the System UI, take a photo with the phone (that goes onto the SD card) or move an app to the SD card to ensure that it is engaged with the new System UI setting

Since following these steps yesterday, the only time I see the SD card notification is when I restart the phone. I have yet to see it appear at all between restarts.

I hope this works for you!
    Tried your way
    I was good for like 5 hrs or so
    Then it happened again, pop up message and media scanner running for like 5 min. So this is definitely a hardware problem. Card getting unmounted and recounted, probably loosing connection with phone.
    03-19-2016 06:48 AM
    Have not seen it since getting the software update from Verizon yesterday, Fingers Crossed.
    03-19-2016 12:09 PM
    Also having the same issue. More annoying for me is Malwarebytes will run a scan every time because it thinks I put in a new card. Definitely an issue as this also eats up my battery life a bit with the scan (can't disable this unfortunately)
    03-19-2016 01:02 PM
    Just wanted to update my earlier post , I now on my 5th day without the pop up occurring. I think(???) my pop ups started after I went into storage settings and tried to follow directions from a post I read...after that the pop ups happened continuously . I tried reformatting , a new SD card, but nothing worked. I then did the factory reset and the problem went away. I will let you know if they start again.
    03-19-2016 01:37 PM
    I haven't seen this issue since formatting my SD card. It does still come up after reboot, but once I swipe it away, it stays hidden until my next reboot. Seems like it could be based on the type or compatibility of the SD card if only some people are seeing it after both the format and the system settings changes. I wonder if it makes sense for us to start mentioning network carrier, make, model and class of SD card we're using to see if there is a pattern amongst those who were able to solve it and those who were not.

In my case. I'm on T-Mobile. My SD card is a Samsung Pro+ 64GB, Class 10 U3.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-19-2016 01:49 PM
    This popped up and wouldn't go away for me until I went and actually formatted the thing on the phone.
    03-19-2016 02:17 PM
    I exchanged my S7E Verizon at Best Buy today and so far it hasn't popped up once except a notice on reboot which was a different notice than before. Fingers crossed.
    03-19-2016 06:29 PM
    I have been dealing with this issue since inserting my Kingston 64gb sd card 6 days ago. I was receiving the sd card notification seemingly almost every time the phone would sleep (anywhere between every 5 mins - 20 mins). I suspected doze/touchwiz not playing nice or perhaps a hardware issue. I went through all the troubleshooting suggestions including formatting the sd card, reseating the card many times, and a factory reset on the phone to no avail. Upon swapping in a 64gb Sandisk card the notifications have now ceased for 4 1/2 hours so far and I am optimistic that this has solved my issue. I will report back if it returns but I am relieved to not have to go through the troubles of swapping out phones, worry about rebates, etc.

Absolutely love this phone!
    03-19-2016 06:46 PM
    I got that with Sandisk sd card. I swapped to evo Samung card and zero issues...
    03-19-2016 07:03 PM
    Hope to be just as fortunate with my incoming Samsung Pro+ card.
    03-19-2016 07:43 PM
    Hope to be just as fortunate with my incoming Samsung Pro+ card.
    please report back when you test it out I'm still hesitant on buying another sd card just yet lol
    03-19-2016 08:29 PM
    I tried several different cards including the Samsung 128GB Pro +, the Sandisk 200GB Ultra and the notification pop up happened with them all.
    It's not the cards. I believe the latest update from Verizon fixed this problem.
    03-19-2016 08:37 PM
    I tried several different cards including the Samsung 128GB Pro +, the Sandisk 200GB Ultra and the notification pop up happened with them all.
    It's not the cards. I believe the latest update from Verizon fixed this problem.
    I was receiving the notification after the update. However, I did not factory reset the phone or do any formatting post update.

Notification has still not returned, camera saving to card and all seems well. It would be nice to somehow pin down what is the root cause (causes?) of this issue. Particularly for those concerned about it being a hardware concern.
    03-19-2016 08:40 PM
    i get this notice a lot. even after the last update.
    03-19-2016 10:34 PM
    The sd card notification appears every time it comes out of stand by mode. Cell standby, wifi sleep and up in the morning it pops up.
    03-19-2016 11:03 PM
    I formatted my Samsung EVO 64gb card in exfat on my PC prior to ever installing it in the phone and I've only seen the SD card notification after restarting the phone.
    03-20-2016 12:53 AM
    SD card error returned after 9 hours of silence. Frustrating.
    03-20-2016 02:18 AM
    I've tried everything afa formatting, etc. Thought I had it beat last night but today I've now gotten it twice.

here are a few notification on-off's pertaining to external storage (I found 3 iirc), if you go to settings>device>notifications>advanced, more, Show System Apps. But I don't want to mess with them yet.
    03-20-2016 11:58 AM
    So I got a reply from Samsung and here it is. Haven't had a chance to try it yet. Here it is.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Samsung Technical Support. We always appreciate hearing from our customers.

It must be very inconvenient as your Galaxy S7 Edge is displaying SD card mount notification in every 5-10 minutes. I will provide you the information how to resolve this issue.

The issue might be with the SD card. The SD card you are using (128GB) should work fine as S7 Edge supports an external memory card upto 200GB. Please perform the below troubleshooting steps and check the result.

1. Performing soft reset might resolve this issue. It will not erase any data from the phone and will refresh the internal circuit of it. Press the Power and Volume down button simultaneously for 7 seconds and check the result after the phone turns ON.

2. Turn the phone OFF, eject the SIM card *** SD card tray from the phone. Remove the SD card and clean the connecting end using a dry cloth and replace the SD card and reinsert the module and check if you are experiencing get resolved or not.

3. Use alternate SD cards with your phone and check the result. It will help us to conclude if the issue is with your phone or not.

4. Insert the SD card in alternate phones and check if the issue persists with those phones. This will help us to isolate if the issue is with the SD card or not.

5. Any third party application installed on the phone might be the reason behind this issue. To ensure that, boot the phone in Safe mode and check the result. Safe mode will not erase any data from the phone. It will just block all the third party apps to access the phone. When your phone exits Safe Mode, some of your customization options (i.e. themes, wallpapers, etc.) may be reset to default. Safe mode steps:
    a) Power off the phone.
    b) Press and hold the power button until the phone powers on.
    c) When the Samsung logo starts to appear press and hold volume down until the logo disappears.
    d) The phone should now be in Safe Mode and "Safe Mode" displays in the lower left corner of the screen.

[NOTE: To exit Safe Mode, restart the phone. When it reboots, it will no longer be in Safe Mode]. If the issue was not there in safe mode, we can state that the reason behind the issue is any third party application that you have installed on your phone. Please uninstall all those applications one by one from your phone and check the result.

I am positive that performing the above troubleshooting steps will resolve the issue. Please feel free to get back to us, if you have any further questions. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you for choosing Samsung products.
    Waipio11 likes this.
    03-20-2016 03:37 PM
    Sounds like a lot of nothing.

I do have an idea though if it pops up again in going to transfer st least one app to the SD card. Maybe that will change something in the way its recognizing the card. Had anyone put apps on their card?

Maybe we should start a poll, I'll gladly just change to a different card if it's card specific.
    03-20-2016 04:40 PM
694 1234 ...