SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
This is a software problem, the bug is in the copy of android that was installed in the factory. You need to install a fresh copy of android through a Samsung representative or exchange your phone. Exchanging your phone does not guarantee that you wont get a phone with the same problem.

Sounds like maybe a factory debug switch or value was left ON, or set to check for SD card access/availability for factory burn-in and QA testing? Maybe somehow that factory only build was released or the SD card check feature was not set to OFF prior to shipping the phones?

I could be reading too much into the tidbit about the factory Android OS version, though. Could be another dead end hypothesis. Did the Samsung representative provide more details about the factory OS bug?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe the counter monkeys at the Samsung booth in a Best Buy could install a fresh copy of Android on any phone. I just don't see it happening. :-\ This is just my opinion though. :p

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe the counter monkeys at the Samsung booth in a Best Buy could install a fresh copy of Android on any phone. I just don't see it happening. :-\ This is just my opinion though. :p

My wife had an S5 that would fail the update every time it tried to update to Lollipop. We tried for a couple months. Cleared the cache. Factory reset. Nothing worked. Finally went to Best Buy and they were able to do a clean install of the update. Worked flawlessly and took like 20 minutes. The guy was actually pretty helpful. I was shocked.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I asked at my locl store and the guy said he could. I was shocked. He doesn't even know you cannot talk and surf simultaneously on 3G but he knows how to flash a rom.

hillybillycrash

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Doubt if all of them would just do that though. You might have caught a decent and kind Samsung representative. I will ask my local and see how it goes.

Posted via the Android Central App

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Just to share my experience on the S7 (not edge). I did not do anything special to try to overcome my notification problem but I only had it pop up 2 or 3 times total in last 4 weeks (other than on reboot). It just happened this afternoon after at least a week of silence. I did nothing out of the ordinary, took it out of my pocket and there it was. Using a sandisk pixtor advanced performance 64gb. I did not format it, and I do not set anything to save to SD. I only have some music and photos on it.

Kdroid

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I've also had the notification (SanDisk 200gb) issue but nothing to annoying. What appears to have fixed it was to encrypt/decrypt the SD card and for the last week have not had the notification pop up.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
The Samsung counter jockeys at Best Buy are complete idiots. I stopped in to my local Best Buy on Thursday. I explained the issue and his only response was "try another SD card." This was after I told him I used the same card in a Galaxy S7 for 2 weeks straight with no issues at all. Samsung support on this issue has been terrible. Argued with them too. I finally had enough and called T-Mobile support. After a brief explanation of the issue, the woman sent me a new unit. Hopefully this works, though I have read some on this thread who got a new device and still have the same issue. I guess I will find out on Wednesday when the new unit arrives.

Posted via the Android Central App

Waipio11

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Slightly different SD card issue for me. I have gotten past the issue of the original poster is concerned. But now I constantly am getting an error message from Spotify saying that no storage devices found. My SanDisk Ultra 128 gigabyte card works fine for everything else but for whatever reason I cannot open my Spotify app and use it at all anymore. Any ideas on this?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Mine also comes up with the Splanner notification at monotonous regularity and i have that disabled and blocked every way i can...gives me the pips!!!

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I installed Good lock last week and I have yet to get the SD card message again. Only problem is that I am not sure I like the themeing that happens with it. The right and left swipe doing different things annoys me on the notification pull down as well...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary