08-09-2017 01:22 AM
694 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    I'm good and ready for the Note 6, bring it on please.
    I sure hope this problem gets solved by the time the Note 6 is released. If the Note 6 has a 64GB or higher internal storage option, I may forgo the SD card.
    05-13-2016 06:19 AM
    I have a feeling the Note 6 is going to be a measly 32GB with an SD card tray like the S7.
    I saw some rumors of 256GB internal storage the Note 6, I pray this comes to light.
    Trees likes this.
    05-13-2016 08:21 AM
    I agree with you about it being a software issue. Have had my S5 phone for almost a year now and never had that notification until 2 days ago right after a software upgrade to 6.0.1. The same thing happened with my Galaxy Tab 3. Never got the mounted sd card notification on it until the most recent software upgrade was done on it.
    05-13-2016 08:29 PM
    Hey guys, just wanted to post a solution to the problem. All of you with this phone, that use an external SD card, are getting an annoying notification that says, "SD card For transferring photos and media," and it doesnt seem to go away. If this message appears over and over again in your status bar, the only known way to get rid of it was to previously just keep "clearing" it out or remove the SD card completely.

If you are receiving a notification "SD card For transferring photos and media" on your Samsung Galaxy S7 and you cannot get the notification to go away, please try to do the following:

1. BACKUP your sd card - plug your phone into your computer and copy off the contents of the SD card
    2. On the phone, navigate to: Settings >> Memory >> SD Card
    3. In the submenu, choose FORMAT

All of the data on the memory card will be formatted to the correct file system and the memor card will be reconnected to the phone for proper use. The message, "SD card For transferring photos and media" should no longer appear.

Hopefully this helped you out! Thanks!

I have done this. Just formatted the sd card about 10 minutes ago, its popped up first go, and i thought okay cool that should happen. Then it's popped up again and again already. Maybe it's due to the SD card tray? Moving around a little and so it reads it as being re inserted all time? Does my warranty cover that?
    05-13-2016 08:45 PM
    my card unmounted 19 times today! it's getting worse.
    05-13-2016 09:28 PM
    Install xposed framework and after use Firefds Kit, go to Notification panel in the app and after tik on Hide SD card notification and walà!!

ONLY FOR ROOT USERS!
    05-14-2016 06:46 AM
    Install xposed framework and after use Firefds Kit, go to Notification panel in the app and after tik on Hide SD card notification and walà!!

ONLY FOR ROOT USERS!
    I think your missing the point, it's not the notification that's the problem, it's the fact the Sd card is unmounting. Hiding the notification just disguises the problem.

Just for the record I've never personally experienced the problem.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    05-14-2016 07:13 AM
    My 4 day total. At least I had one day with no bad dismounts.

SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !-day4.jpg
    05-15-2016 08:15 AM
    My 4 day total. At least I had one day with no bad dismounts.
    4 in 4 days isn't too bad. I was getting like 30 a day, with the first handset. I've gotten zero in, 3 weeks, with the replacement. (knock on wood).

Also, have declined to take the May update.
    05-15-2016 11:05 AM
    4 in 4 days isn't too bad. I was getting like 30 a day, with the first handset. I've gotten zero in, 3 weeks, with the replacement. (knock on wood).

Also, have declined to take the May update.
    Yea, I've only gotten 3 in 4 days so I'm kicking @ss. I would be much happier with zero.
    05-15-2016 11:23 AM
    Yea, I've only gotten 3 in 4 days so I'm kicking @ss. I would be much happier with zero.
    I hear ya. Another option is to try a different card :/
    05-15-2016 11:28 AM
    I hear ya. Another option is to try a different card :/
    I'm using the Samsung 128GB Pro + card but do have a new Sandisk 200GB that I could try.
    Just worried it could get worst changing the card out.
    05-15-2016 11:35 AM
    I'm using the Samsung 128GB Pro + card but do have a new Sandisk 200GB that I could try.
    Just worried it could get worst changing the card out.
    With my handset that had the issue, using an old card netted zero issues. I started to get the feeling that it was more a size incompatibility issue between the card and phone... YMMV
    05-15-2016 11:37 AM
    Forgive me if this has been up earlier, I didn't have the patience to read all 59 pages.

I believe the problem has more to do with OS than SD card. On Lollipop I never experienced it, but the moment I upgraded to Marshmallow it started happening.

I restart my phone (Note 4 at the moment) every morning to get it all bright eyed and bushy tailed and it happens every time - but only on restarts. And honestly I'm not all that bothered, I just Swype it away and be done with it.

So I don't really have a solution - unless my daily restarts has anything to do with it

pix

Edit: my card is a 32 GB SanDisk, but I don't think it really matters ☺
    05-15-2016 11:55 AM
    Forgive me if this has been up earlier, I didn't have the patience to read all 59 pages.

I believe the problem has more to do with OS than SD card. On Lollipop I never experienced it, but the moment I upgraded to Marshmallow it started happening.

I restart my phone (Note 4 at the moment) every morning to get it all bright eyed and bushy tailed and it happens every time - but only on restarts. And honestly I'm not all that bothered, I just Swype it away and be done with it.

So honestly I don't really have a solution - unless my daily restarts see to it that it only happens on restarts

pix
    Does the Note 4 use the tray thing, too? Also, the notification on startup is normal.
    05-15-2016 11:57 AM
    I'm not sure what you mean by tray thing - it's the old-fashioned way inside the phone 🙃
    05-15-2016 12:05 PM
    Take some time to read the last 10 pages, at least then. You don't have the issue, it would seem. The notification on startup is normal.
    05-15-2016 12:07 PM
    Had this annoyance also...I formatted by SD card and now I don't have the notification at all. Not even on start up. Wonder what fixed it. Not sure if ATTs updates had anything to do with them.
    05-15-2016 12:56 PM
    Had this annoyance also...I formatted by SD card and now I don't have the notification at all. Not even on start up. Wonder what fixed it. Not sure if ATTs updates had anything to do with them.
    All three big carriers (USA) removed the notification to deal with it. Hence, the issue was swept under the rug.
    05-15-2016 12:58 PM
    All three big carriers (USA) removed the notification to deal with it. Hence, the issue was swept under the rug.
    That's not 100% true. I had the notification on my first one, but not on my replacement. And I have 0 bad dismounts ejects according to the sd card app. And I still get the pop up on boot, which is the normal function.
    05-15-2016 01:02 PM
    That's not 100% true. I had the notification on my first one, but not on my replacement. And I have 0 bad dismounts ejects according to the sd card app. And I still get the pop up on boot, which is the normal function.
    I'm not sure what you mean. It's been reported by many users that have not replaced their handsets that the May update removed the notifications.

I, myself, replaced my handset under warranty and have had zero issues with the replacement. I, also, am not updating the firmware. What firmware and carrier are you on?
    05-15-2016 01:06 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean. It's been reported by many users that have not replaced their handsets that the May update removed the notifications.

I, myself, replaced my handset under warranty and have had zero issues with the replacement. I, also, am not updating the firmware. What firmware and carrier are you on?
    I'm on at&t and I just did the May update this morning. I still get the notification on boot.
    05-15-2016 01:12 PM
    I'm on at&t and I just did the May update this morning. I still get the notification on boot.
    Thanks for the input.
    05-15-2016 01:14 PM
    Just powered down my phone and installed a brand new Sandisk 200GB card. Formatted it with the phone and will see how it goes.
    Maybe the 128GB Pro + is too fast for the phone.
    05-15-2016 02:13 PM
    So far, so good.
    05-16-2016 09:01 AM
694 ... 2223242526 ...