08-09-2017 01:22 AM
694 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    I got my new S7. I have sent to other one for repair. They changed the motherboard. Then it came back with the same issue. Then Samsung sent me a bran new S7. I have no more SD card notifications at all. Not even when I reboot the phone. Yesterday (again) I was listening to music (a set of 2 hours long) from my SD card. I started to look at pictures (again) at the same time. After 40 mins or so, my phone stopped the music and stopped being able to read my SD. Everything froze and I had to reboot. Then, again, a few mins later (listening to music and looking at pictures), it did it again. On the second time, I was not able to reboot the phone using the power button (keeping pressure for 10 seconds). I had to do it using the volume down/home/power. The phone screen was totally black and there was no way to unfreeze it. My notification light was flashing blue (as I had new emails and text), but the phone was not responsive at all.

It seems like Samsung just removed the SD notification as a whole in the new phone but did not fix the issue.

For those who don't have the issue, before commenting, I would appreciate if you could listen to music and look at your pictures at the same time (all from the micro SD card) for at least 30-40 minutes.

I strongly believe that ALL phones have this issue, but that those who don't just have not access pictures while listening to music (demanding on the SD card reading). Do it if you can... and see if it creates problems. And let me know once you did the above.

I forgot to mention. I am a computer and smartphone savy. I flashed all my S1, S2, S3, S4 on a daily basis. I did purchased another SD card (even if my sandisk is working perfectly on my S5). I got a Samsung evo 64gm. The issue remains on both SD cards, and before you comment about it, YES i did reformat on multiple occasions both with my pc AND within the phone. I also did factory reset on multiple occasions. So it is not the SD's the problem. Just trust, I did everything possible.

I also have the app SD Card Monitor. It disconnect like 12 times per week. Sometimes at 5am (when I sleep). Most of the time is Cam and Gallery, but sometimes its even listening music. I am at my third phone and this is a MAJOR default. I do believe its a hardware one and not software related.
    05-16-2016 12:11 PM
    You keep saying all phones have this issue, despite myself and others saying we have never encountered this no matter how hard we tax the SD card.
    I know it's frustrating for yourself and others who are having this issue but I don't see anything to say every phone suffers from this.
    05-16-2016 01:36 PM
    I've been listening to music & looking at pictures (both from the SD card) for the past hour, no SD card messages. This is on a Sprint S7 edge, software version G935PVPU2APC5 with a 200 GB Sandisk.
    05-16-2016 05:21 PM

For those who don't have the issue, before commenting, I would appreciate if you could listen to music and look at your pictures at the same time (all from the micro SD card) for at least 30-40 minutes.
    I already did this a week or two ago on both of my S7 Edge phones. I didn't get the error on either one of them. Both have Samsung EVO cards in them. I have never gotten the SD card message at all at random.

Only time I got the message was removing the SIM/SD card tray without ejecting the SD card first. I keep forgetting to do that.
    05-16-2016 05:25 PM
    Did anyone with the SD Card Monitor app try uninstalling it? There is one (and only one) review stating they couldn't uninstall it even after a factory reset. Sounds crazy to me but it scared me enough not to install it, and it is old.
    05-16-2016 09:57 PM
    Did anyone with the SD Card Monitor app try uninstalling it? There is one (and only one) review stating they couldn't uninstall it even after a factory reset. Sounds crazy to me but it scared me enough not to install it, and it is old.
    Uninstalled perfectly and within a few seconds just as easy as any other app. I really don't need it so I removed it just to test this. Not going to reinstall it.
    05-16-2016 09:59 PM
    I changed out my Samsung 128GB Pro + for the Sandisk 200GB and so far no dismounts. It's only been a day so I'll have to keep an eye on it.
    I'm starting to think maybe slower cards are the way to go?
    05-17-2016 08:27 AM
    ... the Sandisk 200GB and so far no dismounts.
    Hope it works out for you. But FYI except for testing two other cards, I've also been using a SanDisk 200GB "Ultra" card and been getting un/re-mounts the whole time. To be fair, they've dropped from every hour or two to every day or two in the last week. (This is via the SD Card Monitor app, obviously, since the update nixed the notification but didn't fix the problem.)
    05-17-2016 08:46 PM
    67 unmounts since verizon update and installed sd card monitor, insane, anyone have success getting a new phone?
    05-18-2016 01:42 PM
    New 200GB card and already 2 dismounts in 2 days.
    05-18-2016 01:46 PM
    Looks like my local Best Buy finally got them in stock. I'm going to swing by tomorrow after work and exchange mine out for a new one (provided they're still in stock tomorrow). I'll keep you all posted.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    05-18-2016 02:02 PM
    OK, swapped it out, using the new one now (S7E Gold Verizon). Just transferred the card, didn't reformat, and used Smart Switch instead of working from scratch. I figure lets do this raw and dirty and see if the issue is still there. I'll give it a while, after all, in my original phone it was dormant for a few weeks. Stay tuned..
    05-19-2016 07:40 PM
    NEW PHONE = SAME PROBLEM. Well it didn't take long. Got my first bad dismount this morning. Very frustrating that some phones have had no issues from day 1 and even this new one is having the issue. I guess I'll just wait for the new fall releases at this point as Samsung's silence on the issue is deafening.

BTW: Manufactured in Korea: May 11, 2016
    05-20-2016 05:46 AM
    Another update... had 6 bad removals in the last 4 hours, worse than my original phone dammit. So I just transferred the few pictures I had on the card to the phone and formatted the card. It's still there but unmounted and not being used (changed the camera storage option). Don't think this will fix anything, but may end up just removing the card altogether and wait and see what happens with the note 6.

EDIT: The card remounted itself after I unmounted it, then unmounted, remounted, etc. It's out of the phone for good until a solution comes along.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-20-2016 10:16 AM
    This is unfortunate, and I feel for everyone impacted. I am anxious about the Note 6 as this problem with the S7/S7 edge drags on. Note 6 must come with options for a minimum 64GB, and ideally 128GB internal storage - if the external SD card is reintroduced.
    05-21-2016 07:47 AM
    I agree with another poster.

I have an LG G3 phone with a Sandisk 200GB SD card. Before that is was a Sandisk 128GB card.

Never had any issues with any SD CARD notification on Android 5.0.

This week my phone bugged me to upgrade to Android 6.0. THEN....that's when I had the SD Card nag screen in my notifications. I've tried everything and it won't go away.

I'm not desperate enough to clean sweep to factory.

For me, all it is is a quick swipe when it boots up, then I'm left in peace. It's just a minor hassle to half baked software from Android.

Hopefully an update will be provided later this year. I'm not counting on it though! :-
    05-24-2016 02:55 PM
    lol these people dont realize the boot nofication is not what were talking about, ive had 108 dismounts in 2 weeks now, even messed up while taking a picture, i really dont feel like sending my phone to samsung for 2 weeks to diagnose and repair
    05-24-2016 03:29 PM
    lol, my phone is still at samsung repair...

the second time sent back now...

first time they couldn't determine a problem and sent it back with a new SD tray.

Support originally told me the SD card was not necessary to be sent back with the phone, but this time around, I've sent my phone with the sd card and also a picture of the problem showing the mount/unmounts throughout a span of a few hours...
    05-25-2016 12:48 PM
    wow you got some patience, let me know the result so i can reference your ticket number LOL
    05-25-2016 01:25 PM
    i have 245 unmounts in the last month. lol

it gets worse it seems.
    when i go into gallery and then the pics dissappear, its anoyying.
    05-25-2016 03:28 PM
    Someone posted in another thread re the SD card unmounting it was related to Samsung Pay. I cant try this personally as ive never had the issue.

This may not be everybody else's problem but for me, I discovered today (after multiple reformats and a factory reset) that Samsung Pay Simple Pay option was the problem. Turn off Simple Pay within the settings of Samsung Pay app and the sd card should stop self-ejecting.
    05-30-2016 11:04 AM
    Someone posted in another thread re the SD card unmounting it was related to Samsung Pay. I cant try this personally as ive never had the issue.
    i've never installed that app, and i get constant ejections.
    05-30-2016 09:38 PM
    i've never installed that app, and i get constant ejections.
    OTOH I do have Samsung Pay installed and Simple Pay enabled, and recently the only time I get un/re-mounts is when I (re)create/(re)arrange my playlists in Google Music. (Fortunately, my fave iOS music player, Capriccio, was recently ported to Android, so I've been using that instead.)
    05-31-2016 07:38 AM
    wow you got some patience, let me know the result so i can reference your ticket number LOL
    So I got my phone back the second time now. Repairs in total for 1st and second were almost a month. They almost sent back my phone with another new SD tray but I called them immediately when I saw that status update to make sure they addressed the issue properly since the first new SD tray didn't fix the problem. I told them to keep it as long as needed to find the issue since I really didn't want the SD card problem to reoccur and eventually render my sdcard inoperable. They ended up replacing the PBA board even though in the notes stated that they weren't able to recreate the issue I reported. I even made sure they had a screenshot of my sdcard monitor with the bad removals which their support website didn't upload the picture properly so I had to call them and get an email so I could email the attachment to them and made sure they were able to see it. Since I got my phone back I've been downloading large files onto sdcard,while reading data,accessing data,moving data, compiling data, and everything in between to try to make sure that sd card monitor app won't show any more removals. I haven't encountered any so far and will keep taxing it for awhile to make sure the problem doesn't persist.

My ticket # for reference: 4135827826

My advice don't give up and settle, it's a correctable issue and I don't know if it's a placebo but It feels like my fingerprint scanner is more accurate now too haha..
    Trees likes this.
    06-03-2016 11:30 PM
    very nice, i will call monday and reference your ticket number thanks al ot
    keep me posted though if it reoccurs so i dont send it for nohting lol
    06-04-2016 11:54 AM
694 ... 2324252627 ...