06-18-2017 10:03 AM
693 ... 262728
tools
    This notification keeps popping up a couple times a day. I've formatted, mounted, unmounted the card and it's still haunting me.

Is there any way to stop this?

Attachment 219912
    Keep the notification pressed. When info button shows, press it and unselected everything. The icon must dissapear
    10-04-2016 10:39 AM
    Hey friends I have a great idea
    Download 360 free security antivirus app from play store and run it in your smartphone .It really works after this no notification appears.Must try it
    10-08-2016 04:55 AM
    Sorry, but I find it hard to believe that 360 Security would solve the problem simply by installing. I also see far too many complaints about that app on these forums to recommend it.
    Alanhd likes this.
    10-08-2016 09:52 AM
    I've had just a little touch of this nonsense -- my story goes like this:

I bought an S7 Edge a couple of weeks ago (early October), and I dug out an old Sandisk Ultra 128GB card that I had laying around, and inserted it. Absolutely very notably, the S7 Edge sim / microSD tray is VERY difficult to use, as the cards don't "click into" it with any kind of friction -- they just lay there. It took me a few times to get everything inserted correctly.

Since the card had been used in gosh-knows-how-many different devices, I formatted it in the phone, and moved content to it via connecting my phone to my computer via a USB cable. I never, ever saw any kind of an SD Card notification.

That said, part of what got me to bite on an S7 Edge was a promotion Samsung was running, to get a free Samsung EVO 256GB card or some virtual reality nonsense. Of course, I picked the 256GB card. Which arrived today. Somewhere along the way, I had read someone say that they just plugged their new card into their phone, without formatting it, so I just used a card reader and copied my media files from the old card to the new one, then plugged the new card into my phone.

And that's when I got my first SD card notification, after I started the phone after inserting the card while the phone was turned off. Believe it or not, to this day, I have never "swiped to dismiss" a notification -- I have always used the "clear" function to get rid of all of them. And the "clear" function sure wouldn't get rid of the notification. I restarted the phone several times, and the notification always came back when the phone started up.

Then, finally, after reading one of the first messages in this thread, I swiped the notification away, and I haven't seen it since. And I have restarted the phone maybe a half-dozen times since then, and again, no notification. This is still "today," only a couple of hours down the road, but hopefully that got rid of the notification. I have installed the SD Card Monitor app, and so far it reports zero dismounts, so hopefully it will remain that way.

So, sweeping the notification away took care of the issue for me.
    10-21-2016 05:06 PM
    The sd card notification is a normal, yet annoying, thing on android which pops up every time you reboot the phone and you have an sd card inserted. There is no way to get rid of this notification so you all have to just live with it
    11-18-2016 09:38 PM
    The sd card notification is a normal, yet annoying, thing on android which pops up every time you reboot the phone and you have an sd card inserted. There is no way to get rid of this notification so you all have to just live with it
    This isn't the notification people were having trouble with. The SD card notification was popping up at random times, sometimes 100 times a day when the phone hadn't even been rebooted.

There was a firmware update that fixed this for the majority of users.
    11-19-2016 02:20 AM
    "The sd card notification is a normal, yet annoying, thing on android which pops up every time you reboot the phone and you have an sd card inserted."
    Sergei and Larry have a lot of half-baked software out there, but don't blame this on Android. Plenty of Android phones (running all versions up to and including 6+) do not have this problem. It is almost certainly a Samsung problem. Remember, each phone maker customizes the Android OS in all sorts of ways.
    Sergei and Larry have a lot to answer for, but they're not to blame for this one. Samsung has a long history of hardware and software failures dating back to the first Galaxy phones ("Captivate" GPS issues) and people keep forgetting about those. Even when the issues involve mysterious explosions and fires. Or should we blame those on the OS too?
    11-19-2016 12:04 PM
    We have Galaxy s7 (black & gold) , new in Oct 2016.

One gets the SD msgs, the black. It gets msgs that the card is in, so tap it to move files. Or the msg says the card is missing or the card is not supported.

Sometimes I thought maybe the msgs are from a bad connection with the card since the msg would show after the phone was tapped firmly (using a game app).

Anything new about this?

BTW, I didn't get these msgs b4 the update on Nov 22 2016
    12-14-2016 01:05 AM
    Walkgood, don't waste your time. Samsung has a long history of blaming everything on the customer and the carrier. The phones are under warranty? Then have them replaced under warranty and if the new phones still have the same problem, demand to return them for a full refund and find something else from a company that deals more honestly with their customers.

Samsung will tell you anything to get rid of you, and then tell you more nonsense if you come back when it doesn't work. I'm pretty amazed that they didn't sue their customers for setting so many Note7's on fire and trying to blame Samsung for a defect.[sic]
    12-14-2016 01:23 PM
    We have Galaxy s7 (black & gold) , new in Oct 2016.

One gets the SD msgs, the black. It gets msgs that the card is in, so tap it to move files. Or the msg says the card is missing or the card is not supported.

Sometimes I thought maybe the msgs are from a bad connection with the card since the msg would show after the phone was tapped firmly (using a game app).

Anything new about this?

BTW, I didn't get these msgs b4 the update on Nov 22 2016
    Not sure if you are using Nougat beta or not, but can't you disable notifications about moving files? I got this one day in the last week and that was right after I moved music to my card. Haven't seen it since that day. Are you moving files a lot to or from your SD card?
    12-14-2016 01:43 PM
    Just taking pics & video, sometimes saving pics emailed or from social media.

Now my S7 cannot even detect the sd card. Yet my old S5 can still see & use the card. Had no issues for 7 or 8 wks of having the S7.
    12-14-2016 02:28 PM
    If anyone is still having this problem go into settings> applications manager> more> system ui: force stop and clear cache in storage
    12-15-2016 04:10 PM
    What will that do that influences the sd card mounting/unmount issues?
    12-15-2016 04:17 PM
    If anyone is still having this problem go into settings> applications manager> more> system ui: force stop and clear cache in storage
    I'm curious, how does that fix the problem?
    12-21-2016 05:31 AM
    Anybody figure this out... I can't access any of the data on my memory card now very frustrating* it worked fine for a week after I got this phone and I've been stuck with this notification for the last 7 days unable to use the card. (Encrypting SD card)
    none of my files appear even when I plug into computer... Oddly enough it still has the option encrypt/decrypt sd card and when I start the phone it ask for sd card and password... When I go to the storeage settings the SD card just says "ready"
    I restarted my phone a bunch of times and like that it started reading my memory card again.... It worked fine for 2 days... Eventually I had to restart my phone and what do you know I'm all the way back at sqare one no memory card accsess.

Ughhhh so frustrating ruining my experience with this phone... Wish I had just never encrypted in the first place. I can't find any other information on the Web about this problem either.

Any tricks to getting the phone to read my SD card?

My phone "reads" the card I have to enter the memory card password upon booting up the phone. I get the encrypting SD card notification aswell.... Under the storeage menu the SD card is just listed as "Ready" I cannot access any of the files (they don't even show up) just odd that my phone knows the card is there but does not actually read it?

Posted via the Android Central App
    I got the same issue with my S7 ..... is there any one can help me out to fix this matter?
    01-08-2017 10:34 PM
    I had exact same annoying message. Finally tried swiping across it to the right, and it's gone.
    01-17-2017 05:36 AM
    This notification keeps popping up a couple times a day. I've formatted, mounted, unmounted the card and it's still haunting me.

Is there any way to stop this?

Attachment 219912
    I deleted the lost file. When u click on the notification and go to the page that shows ur card files. delete the lost mine hasnt came back so far.
    03-27-2017 07:57 PM
    I had this problem since I bought my Samsung A7 2017, using a Samsung micro SD card EVO 128 GB. I have tried all the suggestions in this forum and other sources. But I finally got it to work myself!!!. First let me show what I tried before I fixed the problem:

- Re-formatted the card from the device
    - Re-formatted the card from Windows 7
    - Re-inserted the card to the slot correctly (see this )

Facts:

- I didn't want to block the UI notification, this would be only a workaround, would not fix the problem itself.
    - I have already used the same card on another device (S5) and never had this problem, so I was sure that the card was ok.

After 1 week of lot of tries and annoying notifications, card unmounting, etc. I noticed my card had a small golden sticker on the same side of the contacts. This is a guarantee that the card was a genuine Samsung product. However, I suspected that, although the sticker was tiny, it could affect the contact inside the device. So I took an extreme measure and removed that sticker. Voilá!!! After that, no more notifications whatsoever.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Helder
    06-18-2017 10:03 AM
693 ... 262728