08-09-2017 01:22 AM
694 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I wonder if the edges are soldout because samsung is fixing this issue?
    03-28-2016 08:56 AM
    It's the tray. Need small tabs to secure cards correctly. Its recognizable every time you slide the tray out. Those cards move around in there like a 2 year old you've asked to sit still. Ain't happening.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    03-28-2016 09:19 AM
    It's the tray. Need small tabs to secure cards correctly. Its recognizable every time you slide the tray out. Those cards move around in there like a 2 year old you've asked to sit still. Ain't happening.
    Samsung needs to send everyone out a new metal Sim/SD tray as these cheap @ss plastic ones suck.
    03-28-2016 10:03 AM
    My S7 Edge allows me to use my Samsung 64GB sd card so it can't be the tray. But I still get the notifications AND it won't let me transfer apps to the sd card. Curiously enough, it does house apps previously put on it. So I copied what was on the card and now it won't let me format the card. Same sort of thousand yard stare with no go button. That is, just as with transferring apps, I get the page showing it is transferring or formatting but there is no execute.

Without this ability, I may have to turn the thing in. Lovely phone but that doesn't work. Period.
    03-28-2016 10:24 AM
    It's not the tray. I have an S7 and an S7 edge. I have the SD card issue with my edge, but not with the S7. I am using the same SD card in both phones. So that eliminates the SD card and the tray being the issue as not phones use the same identical SIM trays. I tried everything to fix this. I reformatted the SD card, shut off the UI notifications and factory reset the S7 edge and the problem still persists. It's either a hardware issue with the S7 edge or a software bug consistent with just the S7 edge. Either way, it's freakin' annoying.
    03-28-2016 10:40 AM
    Done. This problem isn't getting enough publicity imo. Also replying to someone else's facebook comment/issue, which I have done yesterday, still gets you a support rep fast, but DOESN'T "bump" the post to the top. If we can keep making NEW posts on their facebook, multiple per day, I think that will help greatly.
    Does this mean your new phone is infected with the annoying notifications as well?!

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-28-2016 10:46 AM
    Does this mean your new phone is infected with the annoying notifications as well?!

It is NOT affected. It works flawlessly.

I'm invested, now, however, and want to see this through
    03-28-2016 10:54 AM
    It is GREAT to see all the recent posts on their Support page @ facebook filled with people complaining about the SD problem. That is exactly what we need.
    03-28-2016 10:59 AM
    I was having 0 issues with the SD notification prior to the latest Verizon update, and now it pops up every couple of hours or so.

Clearly a software issue and not a hardware issue as I was having no problems prior.
    03-28-2016 11:15 AM
    If you long press on the notification, it will bring up a settings menu. You can turn off notifications from there
    03-28-2016 11:16 AM
    I think this might have to do with Marshmallow. I have a Note 4 that I just updated to Marshmallow 6.0.1 and when I reboot my phone I get this same message and the icon in the notification window. I just get it on reboot so all I have to do is swipe it away. Never had it on Lollipop.
    03-28-2016 11:17 AM
    That is not the issue in question. This is a repeated notification, and sometimes it will unmount and mount all by itself. Getting that notification after reboot is normal.
    03-28-2016 11:21 AM
    There seems to be a misunderstanding with some posters here. I think we all understand there's a notification when rebooting, but the issue many of us are having is a constant notification popping up almost randomly throughout the day. Notifications only at reboot I'll take. This is something more.

It's funny how we all have different experiences and evidence that makes it "clearly a software issue" or "obviously the tray" and I'm convinced of both. Maybe Schrodinger made this phone.

03-28-2016 11:25 AM
    Anybody figure this out... I can't access any of the data on my memory card now very frustrating* it worked fine for a week after I got this phone and I've been stuck with this notification for the last 7 days unable to use the card. (Encrypting SD card)
    none of my files appear even when I plug into computer... Oddly enough it still has the option encrypt/decrypt sd card and when I start the phone it ask for sd card and password... When I go to the storeage settings the SD card just says "ready"
    I restarted my phone a bunch of times and like that it started reading my memory card again.... It worked fine for 2 days... Eventually I had to restart my phone and what do you know I'm all the way back at sqare one no memory card accsess.

Ughhhh so frustrating ruining my experience with this phone... Wish I had just never encrypted in the first place. I can't find any other information on the Web about this problem either.

Any tricks to getting the phone to read my SD card?

My phone "reads" the card I have to enter the memory card password upon booting up the phone. I get the encrypting SD card notification aswell.... Under the storeage menu the SD card is just listed as "Ready" I cannot access any of the files (they don't even show up) just odd that my phone knows the card is there but does not actually read it?

Attached Thumbnails SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !-87465.jpg  
    03-28-2016 12:54 PM
    Same here, I only get the message when I reboot.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-28-2016 01:44 PM
    I have no apps on my card. Just music and picture. No popups.
    Same here. After I took the apps off the sd card, formatted it, the issue has went away. It only occurs for me on my s7 after I have apps on the sd card. I'm using a samsung evo + 64gb card.
    03-28-2016 02:07 PM
    I suggest we all blow up their facebook pages. I despise facebook for a number of reasons, but for something like this it's a good tool because it's so public and they want to portray good CS when others are watching.

Here's the Samsung Support Facebook Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/samsungsupport/?fref=nf

I'm going to drop them a comment right now and see if they have an ETA on a fix for everyone..
    I've closed my Facebook page months ago and refuse to re-open it. However, my wife still has hers. We just went on there and I'm glad to see a lot of people from this forum, as well as others, are posting about this OBVIOUS MANUFACTURING DEFECT. We're going to post something on there next. I'm hopeful that the interior of the phone isn't the issue and it's simply the tray; this way they can just send those of us impacted new trays. Fingers crossed.
    03-28-2016 02:12 PM
    Same here. After I took the apps off the sd card, formatted it, the issue has went away. It only occurs for me on my s7 after I have apps on the sd card. I'm using a samsung evo + 64gb card.
    I have just music and pictures on my SD card and I have the same problem as everyone else.
    03-28-2016 02:28 PM
    I had same issue, sent mine back for new one. New one works perfect. Apps to sd-card works perfect. Using a 200gb card in my Samsung Galaxy S7 from T-Mobile.
    Vinny
    03-28-2016 04:33 PM
    Just a thought. Marshmallow does not, at least from Sprint instructions, permit decrypting after updating. If encrypted, decrypt before updating. Not sure if that's causing everyone's SD card issues, but thought I'd throw it out there.

By the way, the only issue I have is the notification upon reboot. I just swipe it away. I was not encrypting the phone.
    03-28-2016 04:33 PM
    I find it quite telling that the most consistent successful solutions are from those who have exchanged their phones.
    03-28-2016 05:00 PM
    I find it quite telling that the most consistent successful solutions are from those who have exchanged their phones.
    It's all anecdotal...exchanging your phone is tandamount to a fresh install as well and very few here have done that (while some have most haven't including myself)
    03-28-2016 05:26 PM
    After posting in Samsung's support Facebook page they started replying quickly. They kept asking me about my sd cards, which ones I have tried and if I have ever removed it while the phone is on. After telling them how many cards I have tried and letting them know that I never removed my cards with phone on. I didn't get a reply anymore. After a long wait, I replied to a comment from another viewer and a Samsung agent once again contacted me and started asking the same questions I had already answered before. I told that representative that they had to read my previous posts because I didn't plan on retyping everything again. I never heard from them again. Obviously they have no clue what to do and are not even bothering to read and truly help answer our questions.
    03-28-2016 06:12 PM
    After posting in Samsung's support Facebook page they started replying quickly. They kept asking me about my sd cards, which ones I have tried and if I have ever removed it while the phone is on. After telling them how many cards I have tried and letting them know that I never removed my cards with phone on. I didn't get a reply anymore. After a long wait, I replied to a comment from another viewer and a Samsung agent once again contacted me and started asking the same questions I had already answered before. I told that representative that they had to read my previous posts because I didn't plan on retyping everything again. I never heard from them again. Obviously they have no clue what to do and are not even bothering to read and truly help answer our questions.
    Same here they stopped responding to me after I answered their questions
    03-28-2016 06:27 PM
    Samsung g7 edge here. Tried 3 different cards: Sony 128Gb, Samsung 64Gb, no-name 16Gb from the dawn of time.
    All three showed consistent notification popups. Tried actually scotch-taping each of the three to the tray, emphasizing taping down the area over the pins. Each card worked flawlessly for a day. Put the 128Gb card back in, and its worked flawlessly for a week. Not a single pop-up. I think the tray is implicated.

Remember that no two trays are identical. Each is manufactured to a tolerance. There is a normal distribution of variance around each manufacturing spec. Some trays fit cards tightly, some don't. As flimsy as this tray is, loose tolerances would not be surprising. Samsung, or their manufacturing subcontractor may have gotten sloppy on the early units.

For those with two phones, where one works without pop-ups and one doesn't, try swapping the trays between phones, and see if the problem follows.
    Trees likes this.
    03-28-2016 07:02 PM
694 ... 56789 ...