SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !

Sherif82

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Here's something to consider, but we'll need the help of those who have gotten new phones without the SD issue, or those who never had the issue to begin with:

I found some S7 trays on amazon. So, I emailed the seller to ask him/her if they're aware of the SD defect on S7's and if he/she can send me a picture of the tray they sell. Below is what they sent me.
The question is:
Is the dual sim card tray the one that's defective?

If you received a new phone that doesn't have the issue or you never had the issue in the first place, please check and let us know. I'm willing to buy the trays and put this issue behind us.

Thank y'all very much.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 5556.jpg
    5556.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 71

Devendra95

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Here's something to consider, but we'll need the help of those who have gotten new phones without the SD issue, or those who never had the issue to begin with:

I found some S7 trays on amazon. So, I emailed the seller to ask him/her if they're aware of the SD defect on S7's and if he/she can send me a picture of the tray they sell. Below is what they sent me.
The question is:

If you received a new phone that doesn't have the issue or you never had the issue in the first place, please check and let us know. I'm willing to buy the trays and put this issue behind us.

Thank y'all very much.

Great find! I currently have the non dual sim one

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
This isn't a small issue. Every time you get the notification, it's bc the SD card dismounted. If you are taking a video and this happens, the video stops or corrupts. If you are listening to music stored on the card, it stops. I believe the reason samsung did not activate the feature to store apps or use the SD card as internal memory is bc they knew of this issue and it would corrupt the phone. This is actually a very serious issue and there is no way that Samsung did not know about it.

Roque13

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I posted this on their Facebook this morning. I also had another post on there yesterday...

When is samsung going to publicly acknowledge that there is an issue with the newly released "flagship" S7 and S7 Edge devices? Concerning the SD card notification, mounting, and remounting. There are literally hundreds of people with this issue so it's not isolated. I posted on here yesterday and got one measly response from Samsung. I know that Apple has had issues in the past with releases, but they address them immediately and get them fixed. What is it going to take for Samsung to publicly acknowledge this...a class action lawsuit? It's not like this is a run of the mill $200 phone. This is a $700- $800 device, and this needs to be addressed by Samsung and fixed now. I'm hoping Samsung actually reads this and takes it seriously. I will be posting this on every social media outlet that I can.

Sherif82

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Great find! I currently have the non dual sim one

Thank you Devendra95. The non dual sim is the one on the left. Are you having issues with the SD card in that tray? Also, I think you were the one who had a family member with another S7 and were able to swap trays. If so, are both trays identical? If they're NOT, which one is generating the notification?

Thanks for your help. I'm afraid that until this turns into another class action lawsuit against Samsung, we're on our own to try and figure out a solution.

Devendra95

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Devendra95. The non dual sim is the one on the left. Are you having issues with the SD card in that tray? Also, I think you were the one who had a family member with another S7 and were able to swap trays. If so, are both trays identical? If they're NOT, which one is generating the notification?

Thanks for your help. I'm afraid that until this turns into another class action lawsuit against Samsung, we're on our own to try and figure out a solution.

Yes, I'm currently having issues with the tray on the left. Also the other s7 tray that I used was also the one shown on the left

haverfordguy

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I get the SD card notification no matter which card I use. Just keeps repeating. Also, if I try and format or move an app to the card (currently using a Samsung 64GB), I get the screen that shows the action without the actually execute button. My photos still save to the card, though. I have the non-dual tray on the left in the photo...

acd_gal_s7e

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday, I moved all apps to internal storage, backed up my files via USB and then formatted the 200GB SanDisk microSD card in the phone. I have copied all of the data back on minus the Android and LOST.DIR folders. I've not moved any apps to the external SD. I've had the "Unexpected dismount" notifications a few times since then but not nearly on the scale that it had been doing (10-15 times per day). I keep waiting for it to start again but so far, so good today. I had disabled battery optimization on "Android System" several weeks ago but I don't think that helped.

I love Samsung phones. All manufacturers have their issues, like when Apple did with the iPhone 4 antenna. I am sure that Samsung will fix this issue if it's truly hardware.

Sherif82

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday, I moved all apps to internal storage, backed up my files via USB and then formatted the 200GB SanDisk microSD card in the phone. I have copied all of the data back on minus the Android and LOST.DIR folders. I've not moved any apps to the external SD. I've had the "Unexpected dismount" notifications a few times since then but not nearly on the scale that it had been doing (10-15 times per day). I keep waiting for it to start again but so far, so good today. I had disabled battery optimization on "Android System" several weeks ago but I don't think that helped.

I love Samsung phones. All manufacturers have their issues, like when Apple did with the iPhone 4 antenna. I am sure that Samsung will fix this issue if it's truly hardware.

I'm with you 100% in that I LUV Samsung phones and that Apple had a similar issue with iPhone 4. However, the SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE is that Steve Jobs acknowledged the issue; vowed to fix it; and it was fixed. On the other hand, this is what we're getting from Samsung: "Did you do a factory reset, while standing on one foot facing east with your right arm stretched to your side?!" I invite you to check out their Facebook Support page, Visitors Post section. You'll see an OVERWHELMING number of complaints about the same issue, but they maintain radio silence.

Here's the article about iPhone 4 and Steve Jobs comments:

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/co...e-re-not-perfect-phones-aren-t-perfect-703819

Sherif82

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I posted this on their Facebook this morning. I also had another post on there yesterday...

When is samsung going to publicly acknowledge that there is an issue with the newly released "flagship" S7 and S7 Edge devices? Concerning the SD card notification, mounting, and remounting. There are literally hundreds of people with this issue so it's not isolated. I posted on here yesterday and got one measly response from Samsung. I know that Apple has had issues in the past with releases, but they address them immediately and get them fixed. What is it going to take for Samsung to publicly acknowledge this...a class action lawsuit? It's not like this is a run of the mill $200 phone. This is a $700- $800 device, and this needs to be addressed by Samsung and fixed now. I'm hoping Samsung actually reads this and takes it seriously. I will be posting this on every social media outlet that I can.

Yup, that's what it's going to take I'm afraid.

wobly

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
The question is:

I have the tray like the one on the left. (the single SIM/microSD tray) I only get the notification when the phone reboots. When I see it, I swipe it away and don't see it again until the next reboot. I don't have an issue with anything on the SD card being seen or disconnecting. My photos and videos are going to the SD card. I have the T-Mobile version purchased on 13 March.

acd_gal_s7e

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm with you 100% in that I LUV Samsung phones and that Apple had a similar issue with iPhone 4. However, the SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE is that Steve Jobs acknowledged the issue; vowed to fix it; and it was fixed. On the other hand, this is what we're getting from Samsung: "Did you do a factory reset, while standing on one foot facing east with your right arm stretched to your side?!" I invite you to check out their Facebook Support page, Visitors Post section. You'll see an OVERWHELMING number of complaints about the same issue, but they maintain radio silence.

Here's the article about iPhone 4 and Steve Jobs comments:

Steve Jobs: 'We're not perfect, phones aren't perfect' | TechRadar

And per that article, he acknowledged it 22 days after launch. Samsung only launched the S7e 19 days ago. They may publicly admit it soon, or maybe not. My point being, each manufacturer deals with things differently. I realize that you're hot about the issue - I get it. But, it is what it is. Either return the phone for a new one, get an iPhone, or whatever you feel is best for you. I am going to wait it out. The issue is much better since formatting the card in the phone.

hellosailor

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Going by Samsung's past behavior (i.e. the Captivate GPS failures) Samsung will:
1-Deny there is a defect
2-Blame it on the carrier
3-Issue a software update which also "addresses the issue"
4-Continue to deny there is any problem, even though the update changes nothing
5-Continue to blame it on the carrier
6-Ask you to buy the S8.

Ritual seppuku is not in the Korean lexicon. Sadly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR