SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !

hillybillycrash

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
No country of origin for my Note 4.
The sd card I pulled out was a Samsung EVO 64GB that I kust installed 3 months ago.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-31-22-31-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-31-22-31-58.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 123

Anatar

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Update*
As an update to my post a few days ago, I thought I fixed my sd card notification with the scotch tape method on the sd card, but after almost 3 days of no notifications, it came back again. My phone restarted, then the popups began, now i get about 10 a day.

On a different issue for a different thread, my 720p slomo video is choppy and skips frames, that bugs me as much if not more than this sd card notification. Hopefully they fix this soon with an update for AT&T.

Made in Korea.

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
3/24 Korean Build Date Verizon Silver Titanium - No issue. Looks like these new devices don't have them.

My previous 2x Gold ones had the dismount issue right away.

hillybillycrash

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Well I unmounted and uninstalled the sd card 18 hrs ago. (No more sd card notifications obviously) I haven't had any random reboots either. I have been averaging 6-12 per day using various apps, surfing the web, and even during phone calls. Issues all started 6 days ago right after Sprint pushed Marshmallow on my Note 4. If any more reboots occur I will do a factory reset and hopefully get a cleaner 6.0.1 install. Im thinking corruption somewhere.

Devendra95

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Well I unmounted and uninstalled the sd card 18 hrs ago. (No more sd card notifications obviously) I haven't had any random reboots either. I have been averaging 6-12 per day using various apps, surfing the web, and even during phone calls. Issues all started 6 days ago right after Sprint pushed Marshmallow on my Note 4. If any more reboots occur I will do a factory reset and hopefully get a cleaner 6.0.1 install. Im thinking corruption somewhere.

When I unmounted my card manually through the settings, it re mounts itself later and the notifications start again

TitanSK1

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
It does not bother me it only shows up when I reboot the phone a simple swipe and it's gone.

That means your phone is functioning properly and you are not experiencing the notification issue that people are having in this thread. That's a nice thing, enjoy your phone.

To the others in the thread, I was lucky and swapped mine out for one without this issue, but I continue to follow this thread as how Samsung addresses this issue will impact how I feel about them as a company (this is my first Samsung Android phone). I will be crossing fingers for a positive resolution/solution soon!

Biga173rd

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
That means your phone is functioning properly and you are not experiencing the notification issue that people are having in this thread. That's a nice thing, enjoy your phone.

To the others in the thread, I was lucky and swapped mine out for one without this issue, but I continue to follow this thread as how Samsung addresses this issue will impact how I feel about them as a company (this is my first Samsung Android phone). I will be crossing fingers for a positive resolution/solution soon!

It always bothers me when someone is having a major issue with their phones no one should go through that nightmare especially when we pay a lot of money for our devices there should be no room for errors. Me recently I had an issue with my notification shade bug which I could not fix. I had to hard reset my phone to fix a simple bug. Hopefully Sammy sends an update to fix it. Thanks for the kind words I was not trying to come off like I didn't care about others If I did sorry about.

Sherif82

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Just talked to the best Cell company in the world (AKA T-mobile) and they're sending us new phones on Monday. Will keep y'all posted 😀😊😉 On another note, the fact that Samsung is STILL not owning this has earned them a complaint with the BBB. Folks, we have a government to which we pay A LOT of taxes so it would work for us: use it.

On a funny note: The Tmobile technician to whom I spoke had just bought an S7. So, when I was done telling him that this is a wide-spread issue and he got to read this thread, he responded: "REALLY? That's not good. I should get an SD card for mine soon then to see if it's defective."

Hopefully, this nightmare ends on Monday; fingers crossed.

S.

Devendra95

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Just talked to the best Cell company in the world (AKA T-mobile) and they're sending us new phones on Monday. Will keep y'all posted 😀😊😉 On another note, the fact that Samsung is STILL not owning this has earned them a complaint with the BBB. Folks, we have a government to which we pay A LOT of taxes so it would work for us: use it.

On a funny note: The Tmobile technician to whom I spoke had just bought an S7. So, when I was done telling him that this is a wide-spread issue and he got to read this thread, he responded: "REALLY? That's not good. I should get an SD card for mine soon then to see if it's defective."

Hopefully, this nightmare ends on Monday; fingers crossed.

S.

Did they ask you to send the defective one back?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer