SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
The system update Tmobile rolled out yesterday has completely fixed the problem. It doesn't even pop up when I turn the phone on anymore. It's gone completely! Wahoo! It's been almost 24 hours. I'm a heavy user and I was getting the notification about 10 times per day and every time on startup. Now nothing. Hope other carriers fix it soon as well. Phone is fantastic and my only complaint has been addressed. Although I do wish the home screen had continuous panning. Oh well.

Gone on bootup? Could be they just disabled the notification altogether. How about when you unmount and mount the card manually? If it doesn't notify in that scenario then it does not sound like a fix for the underlying issue, to me.

Replacement handset resolved my issue.

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Gone on bootup? Could be they just disabled the notification altogether. How about when you unmount and mount the card manually? If it doesn't notify in that scenario then it does not sound like a fix for the underlying issue, to me.

Replacement handset resolved my issue.
This is what I'm thinking. Sounds like the notification was just disabled.

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I was getting this notification on my replacement phone also. I just got another replacement phone today. However this phone is an older build date and has some faint scratches on the screen. I think i might just send it back and deal with my phone.......

Anatar

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
So here's something interesting; I haven't gotten one sd card notification popup since the ATT update back around april 20th, however in my Sd card notification app, it has many logs of sd card unmounted / bad removal / ejected. I popped the card out only one or twice, so that means the issue still exists, but I no longer get an sd card notification when it unmounted,which I'm okay with ,but it's not technically fixed. It's line putting a bandaid on a cut, it's still there, but you can't see it.

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
So here's something interesting; I haven't gotten one sd card notification popup since the ATT update back around april 20th, however in my Sd card notification app, it has many logs of sd card unmounted / bad removal / ejected. I popped the card out only one or twice, so that means the issue still exists, but I no longer get an sd card notification when it unmounted,which I'm okay with ,but it's not technically fixed. It's line putting a bandaid on a cut, it's still there, but you can't see it.

do you get a notification sometimes when you use the camera, about saving pics to card? or was that notice disabled too?

boulianc

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
This is what I'm thinking. Sounds like the notification was just disabled.

I agree. The notification was just disabled. There is still a problem with the phone since it is still ejecting it randomly without "us knowing" anymore. Its more a way to hide the problem. I believe that this is because the hardware is faulty.

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Installing the new Verizon update now. Hope it fixes this problem. :-\

On the update page, if you click on link "learn more online" it states the update eliminates the sd popups.

I'm going to do the update. And keep an eye with the SD card monitor to see if the card still unmounts.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
On the update page, if you click on link "learn more online" it states the update eliminates the sd popups.

I'm going to do the update. And keep an eye with the SD card monitor to see if the card still unmounts.

Just updated my phone and the SD notification was there after the phone rebooted. I'm just praying this update fixes the problem once and for all.

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
ok, i installed the latest verizon update today, and one of the listed fixes is the sd card notification issue.
well, all the update did was to remove the error message. my 'sd card monitor' app shows continued unmounting and remounting. nice job verizon!

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
ok, i installed the latest verizon update today, and one of the listed fixes is the sd card notification issue.
well, all the update did was to remove the error message. my 'sd card monitor' app shows continued unmounting and remounting. nice job verizon!

Thanks for the info. Hope I have the right packages disabled to avoid a forced update. Really retarded of them. My phone is working fine, don't need their lame attempt at hiding an issue (all of the carriers seem to be in on it, at this point).

Not shocked that they, unlike TMO and ATT, did not enable the FM radio. Seriously considering going back to TMO.

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

Same. Two unmount/bad removal in the four hours since the update. First ones since April 29, so the update seemed to make it worse for me. But no notifications at least, right? ::eye roll:: Worst attempted cover-up of a known issue. ever.

htc4life77

May 7, 2016
Visit site
Same. Two unmount/bad removal in the four hours since the update. First ones since April 29, so the update seemed to make it worse for me. But no notifications at least, right? ::eye roll:: Worst attempted cover-up of a known issue. ever.

I've been following this thread from the beginning. From what I have gathered...
Samsung came out with a new phone and in less than 2 weeks started running a BOGO on the first batch of their newly manufactured phones...
If its only an android 6 issue than why is it inconsistent for some people than everyone using the same type of micro sd. This makes it seem like the problem was there early on and they tried to unload a bad shipment on early adopters... My phone works with an older samsung micro sd card 64gb but not my new 128 gb sandisk. I've actually sent my sd card to sandisk for repair so I know the issue is not with the card. My friend who has the same phone running the same card (we bought the same one on black Friday) is not running into this issue that he knows of currently. I would suggest everyone install the sd card monitoring app because some may not notice it's happening if they are casual phone users. I recently sent my phone to Samsung for repair for the issue after testing functionality, doing a ntf 1st attempt lvm they found no issues but did replace my SIM card tray which they said was "cosmetic". I'm 20% hopeful that this has resolved the issue but it seems more likely cheap hardware causing compatibility issues with certain sd cards that's why some users have reported success using a smaller slower sd card as generally that is easier to be compatible with. All I know is the same cards on my htc m7/m8 had no such issues....at this point regretting my impulse buy for the Samsung BOGO deal...will update once I get my phone back. I plan on using a 200gb+ micro sd in the future so I would like this problem resolved...

Last edited:

Ramma09

May 7, 2016
Visit site
I've been following this thread from the beginning. From what I have gathered...
Samsung came out with a new phone and in less than 2 weeks started running a BOGO on the first batch of their newly manufactured phones...
If its only an android 6 issue than why is it inconsistent for some people than everyone using the same type of micro sd. This makes it seem like the problem was there early on and they tried to unload a bad shipment on early adopters... My phone works with an older samsung micro sd card 64gb but not my new 128 gb sandisk. I've actually sent my sd card to sandisk for repair so I know the issue is not with the card. My friend who has the same phone running the same card (we bought the same one on black Friday) is not running into this issue that he knows of currently. I would suggest everyone install the sd card monitoring app because some may not notice it's happening if they are casual phone users. I recently sent my phone to Samsung for repair for the issue after testing functionality, doing a ntf 1st attempt lvm they found no issues but did replace my SIM card tray which they said was "cosmetic". I'm 20% hopeful that this has resolved the issue but it seems more likely cheap hardware causing compatibility issues with certain sd cards that's why some users have reported success using a smaller slower sd card as generally that is easier to be compatible with. All I know is the same cards on my htc m7/m8 had no such issues....at this point regretting my impulse buy for the Samsung BOGO deal...will update once I get my phone back. I plan on using a 200gb+ micro sd in the future so I would like this problem resolved...

This is an old problem. It's the SAME the Samsung Galaxy S3 had. I've ruined multiple sd cards from all brands that used to work fine with others devices for years.
It's clearly a hardware problem that they couldn't fix.
it has nothing to do with marshmallow or a bad card tray. If you don't take out the sd card it will eventually stop working; it won't be recognized by any device.
You'll have to learn to live without expandable storage like I had to do.
Wish you all best of lucks. The S7 is a great phone.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I think it appropriate to remind everyone that many of us, I expect most, have not experienced this issue, not even once. That does not mean it is not hardware, it does mean it is not a hardware design issue.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I think it appropriate to remind everyone that many of us, I expect most, have not experienced this issue, not even once. That does not mean it is not hardware, it does mean it is not a hardware design issue.
I agree. I read about this issue so I wanted to see what all the fuss about. There is 3 Galaxy s7 Edge phones in my family and each of them have memory cards. I have a 200gb SanDisk, one of the others has a 128gb Lexmark, and the other has a 64gb SanDisk. None of them have ever had this issue other than when they are restarted, which I believe is the way they're supposed to work.

If it was a hardware design issue all of us would have it. It is likely a random hardware issue that only affects a relatively small batch of the total phones manufactured.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21