SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !

Ramma09

May 7, 2016
Visit site
The thing is, this "small batch" of samsung phones was never acknowledge by samsung and even if they replace your unit you are not guaranteed to have the problem solved. I think that it's not acceptable with an expensive premium phone.

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
We have this thing, in photography. There are tolerances for bodies, and for lenses. So, the lenses can be within say +/- 0.5% for what they say it's specs are. The body, also, has a tolerance of about the same for it's acceptability.

If it so happens that the lens is - 0.5% within tolerance of the targeted spec and the body is + 0.5 % within tolerance of the targeted spec, guess what? You get issues.

This is what happens when you have different components with different tolerances that eventually are paired to work together.

There may be something like that, going on here too.

Last edited:

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
The thing is, this "small batch" of samsung phones was never acknowledge by samsung and even if they replace your unit you are not guaranteed to have the problem solved. I think that it's not acceptable with an expensive premium phone.

Sorry, but phones have cost this much for many years now. I would hardly call it 'expensive' or 'premium'. It's a mass produced, disposable consumer electronic. It depreciates very quickly, as well. The next version will be available 12 months from the date of this one.

Last edited:

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
6 sd unmount errors logged today. but the update prevents the message from popping up.
i do get a message though when i use the camera, and phone tells me an sd card is inserted and will store pics on it.

this is no fix at all. all they did was remove the damn error message.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Since the last TMOBILE update, I no longer see the sd card notification.

Install the app called SD Monitor and see if it still shows unmounts. Some have said all that the update did was remove the constant popups and the problem still exists. Al this was, was a coverup to the real problem.

Last edited:

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Install the app called SD Monitor and see if it still shows unmounts. Some have said all that the update did was remove the constant popups and the problem still exists. Al this was, was a coverup to the real problem.
Hmmm, not sure what you mean. I rather not install another app if not needed. So far, the constant pop-ups no longer exist after each reboot. I have removed the sd card and put it back, still no pop-ups. I am able to view my pics an videos with no problem. So I guess the issue is resolved. Maybe more T-Mobile users can chime in?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, not sure what you mean. I rather not install another app if not needed. So far, the constant pop-ups no longer exist after each reboot. I have removed the sd card and put it back, still no pop-ups. I am able to view my pics an videos with no problem. So I guess the issue is resolved. Maybe more T-Mobile users can chime in?
The pop up message that everyone in this thread was complaining about, was caused because the SD card was being ejected each and every time you got that message. It appears that the last system update simply disabled that notification from popping up each time the SD card ejects.

All they did was prevent you from knowing the SD card is randomly being ejected without actually fixing the problem. They swept it under the rug.

SD monitor will tell you how many times the SD card is still being ejected.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Is the SD monitor app infested with ads?
Is this app "SD Card Monitor" that was last updated in 2013?

I still get the SD notification after a reboot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc