SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Installed the SD Card Monitor on my S7 Edge and so far so good.
I'll report back tomorrow and see how it goes. This is the Verizon S7 Edge with the May 1st update.

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
i must have the worst of luck.
with my first replacement phone, it gave me another 9 errors today. and i got sd card messages when opening the camera. i have 67 sd card mount/unmount errors in the last 18 days.
verizon sent me a second replacement phone, and before i switched over, i left that phone on for a couple days, and sure enough, an sd card message, and i didnt even have a card in the phone! i sent that phone back today.
what do i do?....

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
That is interesting. If no SD card is present in the tray, then it sounds like it could be a software issue if the notification continues to appear.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Less than 24 hours after installing the SD Card Monitor app and I've still got problems. :(
This is on a Verizon S7 Edge with the May,1st 2016 update.
All they did was eliminate the pop up and not fix the actual problem.
I guess it just might be a hardware problem after all with the S7. :(

sdcard01.jpg

Abner Ortiz

May 11, 2016
Visit site
have you tried to factory reset and start the phone from 0? because mine started it to happen when i just used the samsung switch some apps did not work well. WIFI issues with it. I uninstalled all the app and reinstalled it back again and it fixed all my issues and i put all the pictures, music and videos to my phone. This issue with the SD cards just happens every time when I restart my phone. and It is showing up the unmonting sd card weird time when i drop my phone. Maybe Samsung did not build a good tray for the SD card, It is a little weak.

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
have you tried to factory reset and start the phone from 0? because mine started it to happen when i just used the samsung switch some apps did not work well. WIFI issues with it. I uninstalled all the app and reinstalled it back again and it fixed all my issues and i put all the pictures, music and videos to my phone. This issue with the SD cards just happens every time when I restart my phone. and It is showing up the unmonting sd card weird time when i drop my phone. Maybe Samsung did not build a good tray for the SD card, It is a little weak.

the error would happen to me in safe mode also, so that eliminates an app being the issue.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm averaging 1 bad SD card dismount a day now. :'(
When restarting the phone is SD notification now longer shows up upon restart.
Guess Verizon ripped the notification out altogether without fixing the problem at hand. :'(

I guess it really is a hardware problem.

Roque13

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm averaging 1 bad SD card dismount a day now. :'(
When restarting the phone is SD notification now longer shows up upon restart.
Guess Verizon ripped the notification out altogether without fixing the problem at hand. :'(

I guess it really is a hardware problem.
I don't know if I fully buy that it's hardware. My first one had the issue, my second one didn't. I know about 10 other people that have this phone and none of them have ever had this issue. I think if it was hardware, a lot more people would be dealing with this. Just my take.

htc4life77

May 7, 2016
Visit site
You got lucky. When you restart the phone does the SD notification show up anymore? You on Verizon?

I'm on t-mobile and just got my phone back from Samsung support. They said they couldn't repeat the problem and ended up only replacing the SD tray. One hour after getting my phone back while charging from 50% battery life and having the phone sit on a table I got 3 unmounts/bad sd card removal and since then I'm up to 6...

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a feeling the Note 6 is going to be a measly 32GB with an SD card tray like the S7.
I saw some rumors of 256GB internal storage the Note 6, I pray this comes to light.

Trucker25

May 14, 2016
Visit site
I agree with you about it being a software issue. Have had my S5 phone for almost a year now and never had that notification until 2 days ago right after a software upgrade to 6.0.1. The same thing happened with my Galaxy Tab 3. Never got the mounted sd card notification on it until the most recent software upgrade was done on it.

Nicole Celi

May 14, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, just wanted to post a solution to the problem. All of you with this phone, that use an external SD card, are getting an annoying notification that says, "SD card For transferring photos and media," and it doesnt seem to go away. If this message appears over and over again in your status bar, the only known way to get rid of it was to previously just keep "clearing" it out or remove the SD card completely.

If you are receiving a notification "SD card For transferring photos and media" on your Samsung Galaxy S7 and you cannot get the notification to go away, please try to do the following:

1. BACKUP your sd card - plug your phone into your computer and copy off the contents of the SD card
2. On the phone, navigate to: Settings >> Memory >> SD Card
3. In the submenu, choose FORMAT

All of the data on the memory card will be formatted to the correct file system and the memor card will be reconnected to the phone for proper use. The message, "SD card For transferring photos and media" should no longer appear.

Hopefully this helped you out! Thanks!

I have done this. Just formatted the sd card about 10 minutes ago, its popped up first go, and i thought okay cool that should happen. Then it's popped up again and again already. Maybe it's due to the SD card tray? Moving around a little and so it reads it as being re inserted all time? Does my warranty cover that?