SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Install xposed framework and after use Firefds Kit, go to Notification panel in the app and after tik on Hide SD card notification and walà!! :D:D

ONLY FOR ROOT USERS!

I think your missing the point, it's not the notification that's the problem, it's the fact the Sd card is unmounting. Hiding the notification just disguises the problem.

Just for the record I've never personally experienced the problem.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
4 in 4 days isn't too bad. I was getting like 30 a day, with the first handset. I've gotten zero in, 3 weeks, with the replacement. (knock on wood).

Also, have declined to take the May update.

Yea, I've only gotten 3 in 4 days so I'm kicking @ss. :-\ I would be much happier with zero. :)

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the Samsung 128GB Pro + card but do have a new Sandisk 200GB that I could try.
Just worried it could get worst changing the card out. :-\

With my handset that had the issue, using an old card netted zero issues. I started to get the feeling that it was more a size incompatibility issue between the card and phone... YMMV

pixeline

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me if this has been up earlier, I didn't have the patience to read all 59 pages.

I believe the problem has more to do with OS than SD card. On Lollipop I never experienced it, but the moment I upgraded to Marshmallow it started happening.

I restart my phone (Note 4 at the moment) every morning to get it all bright eyed and bushy tailed and it happens every time - but only on restarts. And honestly I'm not all that bothered, I just Swype it away and be done with it.

So I don't really have a solution - unless my daily restarts has anything to do with it

pix

Edit: my card is a 32 GB SanDisk, but I don't think it really matters ☺

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Forgive me if this has been up earlier, I didn't have the patience to read all 59 pages.

I believe the problem has more to do with OS than SD card. On Lollipop I never experienced it, but the moment I upgraded to Marshmallow it started happening.

I restart my phone (Note 4 at the moment) every morning to get it all bright eyed and bushy tailed and it happens every time - but only on restarts. And honestly I'm not all that bothered, I just Swype it away and be done with it.

So honestly I don't really have a solution - unless my daily restarts see to it that it only happens on restarts

pix

Does the Note 4 use the tray thing, too? Also, the notification on startup is normal.

gnuser

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Had this annoyance also...I formatted by SD card and now I don't have the notification at all. Not even on start up. Wonder what fixed it. Not sure if ATTs updates had anything to do with them.

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Had this annoyance also...I formatted by SD card and now I don't have the notification at all. Not even on start up. Wonder what fixed it. Not sure if ATTs updates had anything to do with them.

All three big carriers (USA) removed the notification to deal with it. Hence, the issue was swept under the rug.

Roque13

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
All three big carriers (USA) removed the notification to deal with it. Hence, the issue was swept under the rug.
That's not 100% true. I had the notification on my first one, but not on my replacement. And I have 0 bad dismounts ejects according to the sd card app. And I still get the pop up on boot, which is the normal function.

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
That's not 100% true. I had the notification on my first one, but not on my replacement. And I have 0 bad dismounts ejects according to the sd card app. And I still get the pop up on boot, which is the normal function.

I'm not sure what you mean. It's been reported by many users that have not replaced their handsets that the May update removed the notifications.

I, myself, replaced my handset under warranty and have had zero issues with the replacement. I, also, am not updating the firmware. What firmware and carrier are you on?

Roque13

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean. It's been reported by many users that have not replaced their handsets that the May update removed the notifications.

I, myself, replaced my handset under warranty and have had zero issues with the replacement. I, also, am not updating the firmware. What firmware and carrier are you on?
I'm on at&t and I just did the May update this morning. I still get the notification on boot.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just powered down my phone and installed a brand new Sandisk 200GB card. Formatted it with the phone and will see how it goes.
Maybe the 128GB Pro + is too fast for the phone. :-\

boulianc

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I got my new S7. I have sent to other one for repair. They changed the motherboard. Then it came back with the same issue. Then Samsung sent me a bran new S7. I have no more SD card notifications at all. Not even when I reboot the phone. Yesterday (again) I was listening to music (a set of 2 hours long) from my SD card. I started to look at pictures (again) at the same time. After 40 mins or so, my phone stopped the music and stopped being able to read my SD. Everything froze and I had to reboot. Then, again, a few mins later (listening to music and looking at pictures), it did it again. On the second time, I was not able to reboot the phone using the power button (keeping pressure for 10 seconds). I had to do it using the volume down/home/power. The phone screen was totally black and there was no way to unfreeze it. My notification light was flashing blue (as I had new emails and text), but the phone was not responsive at all.

It seems like Samsung just removed the SD notification as a whole in the new phone but did not fix the issue.

For those who don't have the issue, before commenting, I would appreciate if you could listen to music and look at your pictures at the same time (all from the micro SD card) for at least 30-40 minutes.

I strongly believe that ALL phones have this issue, but that those who don't just have not access pictures while listening to music (demanding on the SD card reading). Do it if you can... and see if it creates problems. And let me know once you did the above.

I forgot to mention. I am a computer and smartphone savy. I flashed all my S1, S2, S3, S4 on a daily basis. I did purchased another SD card (even if my sandisk is working perfectly on my S5). I got a Samsung evo 64gm. The issue remains on both SD cards, and before you comment about it, YES i did reformat on multiple occasions both with my pc AND within the phone. I also did factory reset on multiple occasions. So it is not the SD's the problem. Just trust, I did everything possible.

I also have the app SD Card Monitor. It disconnect like 12 times per week. Sometimes at 5am (when I sleep). Most of the time is Cam and Gallery, but sometimes its even listening music. I am at my third phone and this is a MAJOR default. I do believe its a hardware one and not software related.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc