SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
You keep saying all phones have this issue, despite myself and others saying we have never encountered this no matter how hard we tax the SD card.
I know it's frustrating for yourself and others who are having this issue but I don't see anything to say every phone suffers from this.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been listening to music & looking at pictures (both from the SD card) for the past hour, no SD card messages. This is on a Sprint S7 edge, software version G935PVPU2APC5 with a 200 GB Sandisk.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
For those who don't have the issue, before commenting, I would appreciate if you could listen to music and look at your pictures at the same time (all from the micro SD card) for at least 30-40 minutes.
I already did this a week or two ago on both of my S7 Edge phones. I didn't get the error on either one of them. Both have Samsung EVO cards in them. I have never gotten the SD card message at all at random.

Only time I got the message was removing the SIM/SD card tray without ejecting the SD card first. I keep forgetting to do that.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone with the SD Card Monitor app try uninstalling it? There is one (and only one) review stating they couldn't uninstall it even after a factory reset. Sounds crazy to me but it scared me enough not to install it, and it is old.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone with the SD Card Monitor app try uninstalling it? There is one (and only one) review stating they couldn't uninstall it even after a factory reset. Sounds crazy to me but it scared me enough not to install it, and it is old.
Uninstalled perfectly and within a few seconds just as easy as any other app. I really don't need it so I removed it just to test this. Not going to reinstall it.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I changed out my Samsung 128GB Pro + for the Sandisk 200GB and so far no dismounts. It's only been a day so I'll have to keep an eye on it.
I'm starting to think maybe slower cards are the way to go? :-\

BitMaestro

May 10, 2016
Visit site
... the Sandisk 200GB and so far no dismounts.
Hope it works out for you. But FYI except for testing two other cards, I've also been using a SanDisk 200GB "Ultra" card and been getting un/re-mounts the whole time. To be fair, they've dropped from every hour or two to every day or two in the last week. (This is via the SD Card Monitor app, obviously, since the update nixed the notification but didn't fix the problem.)

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Looks like my local Best Buy finally got them in stock. I'm going to swing by tomorrow after work and exchange mine out for a new one (provided they're still in stock tomorrow). I'll keep you all posted.

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
OK, swapped it out, using the new one now (S7E Gold Verizon). Just transferred the card, didn't reformat, and used Smart Switch instead of working from scratch. I figure lets do this raw and dirty and see if the issue is still there. I'll give it a while, after all, in my original phone it was dormant for a few weeks. Stay tuned..

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
NEW PHONE = SAME PROBLEM. Well it didn't take long. Got my first bad dismount this morning. Very frustrating that some phones have had no issues from day 1 and even this new one is having the issue. I guess I'll just wait for the new fall releases at this point as Samsung's silence on the issue is deafening.

BTW: Manufactured in Korea: May 11, 2016

Last edited:

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Another update... had 6 bad removals in the last 4 hours, worse than my original phone dammit. So I just transferred the few pictures I had on the card to the phone and formatted the card. It's still there but unmounted and not being used (changed the camera storage option). Don't think this will fix anything, but may end up just removing the card altogether and wait and see what happens with the note 6.

EDIT: The card remounted itself after I unmounted it, then unmounted, remounted, etc. It's out of the phone for good until a solution comes along.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
This is unfortunate, and I feel for everyone impacted. I am anxious about the Note 6 as this problem with the S7/S7 edge drags on. Note 6 must come with options for a minimum 64GB, and ideally 128GB internal storage - if the external SD card is reintroduced.

dr150

May 24, 2016
Visit site
I agree with another poster.

I have an LG G3 phone with a Sandisk 200GB SD card. Before that is was a Sandisk 128GB card.

Never had any issues with any SD CARD notification on Android 5.0.

This week my phone bugged me to upgrade to Android 6.0. THEN....that's when I had the SD Card nag screen in my notifications. I've tried everything and it won't go away.

I'm not desperate enough to clean sweep to factory.

For me, all it is is a quick swipe when it boots up, then I'm left in peace. It's just a minor hassle to half baked software from Android.

Hopefully an update will be provided later this year. I'm not counting on it though! :-

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
lol these people dont realize the boot nofication is not what were talking about, ive had 108 dismounts in 2 weeks now, even messed up while taking a picture, i really dont feel like sending my phone to samsung for 2 weeks to diagnose and repair

htc4life77

May 7, 2016
Visit site
lol, my phone is still at samsung repair...

the second time sent back now...

first time they couldn't determine a problem and sent it back with a new SD tray.

Support originally told me the SD card was not necessary to be sent back with the phone, but this time around, I've sent my phone with the sd card and also a picture of the problem showing the mount/unmounts throughout a span of a few hours... :-$:-!:-[:confused:

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
i have 245 unmounts in the last month. lol

it gets worse it seems.
when i go into gallery and then the pics dissappear, its anoyying.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Someone posted in another thread re the SD card unmounting it was related to Samsung Pay. I cant try this personally as ive never had the issue.

This may not be everybody else's problem but for me, I discovered today (after multiple reformats and a factory reset) that Samsung Pay Simple Pay option was the problem. Turn off Simple Pay within the settings of Samsung Pay app and the sd card should stop self-ejecting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis