SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !

BitMaestro

May 10, 2016
Visit site
i've never installed that app, and i get constant ejections.
OTOH I do have Samsung Pay installed and Simple Pay enabled, and recently the only time I get un/re-mounts is when I (re)create/(re)arrange my playlists in Google Music. (Fortunately, my fave iOS music player, Capriccio, was recently ported to Android, so I've been using that instead.)

htc4life77

May 7, 2016
Visit site
wow you got some patience, let me know the result so i can reference your ticket number LOL

So I got my phone back the second time now. Repairs in total for 1st and second were almost a month. They almost sent back my phone with another new SD tray but I called them immediately when I saw that status update to make sure they addressed the issue properly since the first new SD tray didn't fix the problem. I told them to keep it as long as needed to find the issue since I really didn't want the SD card problem to reoccur and eventually render my sdcard inoperable. They ended up replacing the PBA board even though in the notes stated that they weren't able to recreate the issue I reported. I even made sure they had a screenshot of my sdcard monitor with the bad removals which their support website didn't upload the picture properly so I had to call them and get an email so I could email the attachment to them and made sure they were able to see it. Since I got my phone back I've been downloading large files onto sdcard,while reading data,accessing data,moving data, compiling data, and everything in between to try to make sure that sd card monitor app won't show any more removals. I haven't encountered any so far and will keep taxing it for awhile to make sure the problem doesn't persist.

My ticket # for reference: 4135827826

My advice don't give up and settle, it's a correctable issue and I don't know if it's a placebo but It feels like my fingerprint scanner is more accurate now too haha..

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
very nice, i will call monday and reference your ticket number thanks al ot
keep me posted though if it reoccurs so i dont send it for nohting lol

htc4life77

May 7, 2016
Visit site
Still no problems since I got my phone back. I've ran numerous scenarios and multi-tasks. Yesterday I ran a 1920x1080 video conversion while using the vr set and the phone got super hot to the point where it was too hot to touch but still no unmounts. I'm really hoping the problem doesn't come back.

I'll keep posting updates if anything changes and wish all of you luck who have had the same problem!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Everyone still having these problems?

Been using a brand new out of the box regular S7 for a couple of weeks and not one SD card problem yet. Manufacture date 4/30/2016

Both of our edges are still mounting and dismounting the SD cards like crazy.

What is the fix? Send to Samsung for repair?

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
My S7 manuf date 2/29/2016 used to pop up the message I'd say rare to occasional (once every few days) then it went away after the OTA update (verizon), at which point I installed the monitor app thinking the update just masked the problem. I have had 0 errors in maybe 3 weeks so far. So who knows. I don't use the SD card in it much but I didn't before either.

Callaz

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
I turned off the notifications from System and My Files. I don't know which one should be only turned off (haven't checked yet). I just did it yesterday and so far, no SD card notification popping up.
If the phone is rebooted, it will display the SD card notif. but won't return until you reboot it again.

BitMaestro

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully I don't jinx myself, but I haven't had any un/re-mounts since I updated Google Music a week ago. (SD card monitor app shows 0 even after (re)creating/(re)ordering playlists which always used to cause an un/re-mount.)

novak921

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Just purchased an AT&T S7 Edge yesterday from a friend and having problems all day with my 32GB PNY USH1 unmounting. Pretty annoying but phone seems to work otherwise. Hoping it's not a hardware issue.

I didn't format my card before inserting into the S7 Edge and looks like I may be an update or two behind at the moment but wanted to provide my experience. Hopefully a resolution for all soon.

Novak

Everyone still having these problems?

Been using a brand new out of the box regular S7 for a couple of weeks and not one SD card problem yet. Manufacture date 4/30/2016

Both of our edges are still mounting and dismounting the SD cards like crazy.

What is the fix? Send to Samsung for repair?

Would like to know that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

htc4life77

May 7, 2016
Visit site
That's the only way that worked for me. 2 separate shipping repairs later for the same unit. 1st time they replaced my SD tray. 2nd time they replaced my pba board and that fixed the problem. No detected unmounts through SD monitor since June 2nd

Yes send it in and don't let them send it back with only an SD tray replacement...

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
That's the only way that worked for me. 2 separate shipping repairs later for the same unit. 1st time they replaced my SD tray. 2nd time they replaced my pba board and that fixed the problem. No detected unmounts through SD monitor since June 2nd

Did the manufacture date change on your phone after they replaced the board ?
There's an app called Samsung Info that will tell you the manufacture date.

novak921

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site

What's the PBA board? Is that separate from the motherboard? Did your IMEI change?

How long were you down a phone? I don't have a spare.

htc4life77

May 7, 2016
Visit site
The manufacturer date stayed the same for me still like march 23, 2016

The pba board I believe is the phone's motherboard. It doesn't change your imei... Although I did run into issues getting my 6 vr games but when I verified the phone's imei it was still the same. It took me two times which accounted to almost a month. If you can get them to replace the pba board right away, their shipping back and forth uses two day shipping so you could potentially get your phone back in a week...

It could be a lot more phones that we know about because I didn't have an issue using a Samsung evo pro 64gb but ran into an issue when using my SanDisk 128 uhs 1 so it's really a hit or miss...

novak921

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Still having problems. 64GB PNY. Unmount / remount about 30 times so far. Updated Edge through AT&T and thought issue was fixed, nope. They just removed the SD card notification in the task tray. Seems like a hardware issue...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49