03-18-2016 12:30 PM
108 12345
tools
    The battery life is indeed less than my Iphone 6 plus despite having a bigger battery. However the screen is a much higher resolution which probably has something to do with the life. Regardless the edge has solid battery life. Especially when you have a fast wireless charger that you can throw it down on when you are at the desk.

Yea, I have been an Android guy for awhile. Had like 3 Droids, Thunderbolt, every Note, etc.
    I jumped on the iPhone 6S+ at release date because my Note 4 was just being really janky.. overheating, slow, poor battery life, etc. I figured I should at least give the other side a try..
    I must say the battery life on the 6S+ was absolutely stellar. I must have used .2% per hour at idle. It's an ultra-capable device, but over time I grew annoyed with all the "little things" I couldnt do anymore on the iphone.

Now Im back on Android with the S7 Edge. Right off the bat, I can tell I'm not gonna get close to the battery life on the iphone despite the 3600mah battery. That is disappointing. Other than that, the S7 Edge beats the 6S+ in every other category hands down. Not even a competition. Got a wireless charging pad and everything on order, so hopefully that alleviates my Android battery concerns this time around.
    03-13-2016 10:46 PM
    Agreed. Apple is very Vanilla when it comes to smart phones... Not a game changer at all. That's why people go back to Android.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-13-2016 10:48 PM
    Honestly I love the closed ecosystem. Every app is optimized and uber efficient with the hardware. I love iCloud and all the integration with nightly auto back ups and updates. Everything works so nicely and the single core score is still the fasted per geekbench on a 6 month old phone. The iphone 7 will be a beast.
    Agreed. Coming from a 6S+, I wish Apple would put that extra power to work with some additional functionality.
    03-13-2016 10:49 PM
    I have both of those downloaded I just am cheap and don't feel like I should have to repay for music I already paid for. I do like Google play, and I'm getting used to it. Thanks to an app I was able to get my music from iTunes to my phone... And not spend hours doing it since I have over 2000+ songs

I use iSyncr. I go back and forth between iPhones and Android phones. I keep all of my music in iTunes and use iSyncr to sync to my phone.

rasmith1959 likes this.
    03-13-2016 10:54 PM
    Can anyone reccomend an icloud like service that uploads photos to the cloud as well as syncing them to the computer?
    03-13-2016 10:57 PM
    Agreed. Coming from a 6S+, I wish Apple would put that extra power to work with some additional functionality.
    That's why I go back to android.. Because there is power to back up the functionality like 3d touch a concept that Apple is just now using that has been on Android for a while. I would jailbreak an iPhone but eh.

03-13-2016 11:09 PM
    FYI

Attached Thumbnails Quick thoughts from long time iphone user-68462.jpg  
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    03-13-2016 11:11 PM
    Fyi

Attached Thumbnails Quick thoughts from long time iphone user-68464.jpg  
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    03-13-2016 11:12 PM
    Fyi

That's awesome

03-13-2016 11:13 PM
    This is what I've done. I am still on the three month Apple Music trial and I actually like it much better then Google Music.

Since I am an iTunes Match subscriber, all my iTunes music is available in the cloud through the app, all 13,000+ tracks.
    Throw in a 32 or larger Micro SD and use Isyncr to transfer all your itunes match stuff into your 7Edge. That's what I did. When I get into my car the bluetooth picks it up and it just starts playing my Google player with it set on random songs.
    03-14-2016 04:34 AM
    Throw in a 32 or larger Micro SD and use Isyncr to transfer all your itunes match stuff into your 7Edge. That's what I did. When I get into my car the bluetooth picks it up and it just starts playing my Google player with it set on random songs.
    I just connect my phone to my computer and go to the SD card. I then drag and drop folders to the SD card. It's easy to do and everything stays organized in my music folder.
    03-14-2016 04:46 AM
    Agreed. Apple is very Vanilla when it comes to smart phones... Not a game changer at all. That's why people go back to Android.

Not me when I left apple the first time and moved to Android it was more so that I was pissed at Apple at the time due to lack of copy/paste still no mms and not being able to customize my ringtones. I moved into full on Android mode and got 4 phones in the two years I was on Android. When I came back with the iPhone 5 it felt like I came home. Now I've been on iOS for 4 years and I've tried three Nexus phones in the past two years and they couldn't get me to change back to Android.

There's just something about iOS that keeps me coming back when I try to leave. Now I own an Watch and I definitely can't see myself going back to Android as my daily driver. Main reason is no Android Wear watch appeals to me and what's ironic is no Android Wear watch can use Android pay to pay for anything and the Watch has had that functionality since day 1 and AW has been out two years now.

I'm going to see what the iPhone 7 and Nexus bring this year and decide but unless Android Wear can catch up with the  Watch in a few areas I'm not switching anytime soon.
    03-14-2016 06:30 AM
    Not me when I left apple the first time and moved to Android it was more so that I was pissed at Apple at the time due to lack of copy/paste still no mms and not being able to customize my ringtones. I moved into full on Android mode and got 4 phones in the two years I was on Android. When I came back with the iPhone 5 it felt like I came home. Now I've been on iOS for 4 years and I've tried three Nexus phones in the past two years and they couldn't get me to change back to Android.

There's just something about iOS that keeps me coming back when I try to leave. Now I own an Watch and I definitely can't see myself going back to Android as my daily driver. Main reason is no Android Wear watch appeals to me and what's ironic is no Android Wear watch can use Android pay to pay for anything and the Watch has had that functionality since day 1 and AW has been out two years now.

I'm going to see what the iPhone 7 and Nexus bring this year and decide but unless Android Wear can catch up with the  Watch in a few areas I'm not switching anytime soon.
    The only thing that the 6s did for me was make a sturdier phone. Apple watch is a gimmick. I had one for a week and was like ... Really? I wasn't blown away by the 400 smart investment at all, especially considering what Samsung has doing with their smart watches, but again a gimmick. I will most likely go between this one and the 7 when it gets released, or maybe not. The 6s plus had battery life and image stabilization for photos... Which is something that both phones should've had. The 6s plus is like the I pad minis baby... But a phone. But I have an iPad. The s7 edge is awesome, and the functionality is amazing to me. Plus if I really want to be all about the updates I will invest in the 6p which until recently I didn't know what it could do because it's not in Verizon's line up.

03-14-2016 07:04 AM
    Can anyone reccomend an icloud like service that uploads photos to the cloud as well as syncing them to the computer?
    Google photos on your phone. It backs up all your pictures at night when you charge. Also Google Keep notes if you want to back up your notes.
    03-14-2016 09:07 AM
    Hey everyone, wanted to share some quick thoughts on my new S7 Edge. I have had every iphone excluding the 6s since the first. Finally switched over.

Pros:
    Very premium feeling
    Extremely small compared to my 6 plus
    Screen is very vibrant
    Phone and camera are both snappy

Cons:
    Audio quality is awful
    Locks up for a second or two at times
    Touchwiz and some of samsung apps are sub par

So far I am please with my switch. Android is taking a bit to get used to but I'm getting there. Other than the audio being quite bad (may be due to water proofing) I have no real issues.
    Enjoy it while it lasts. Most people switch back and forth between platforms. At least I do. IPhone 7 will probably be tempting as always.

sangs likes this.
    03-14-2016 11:40 AM
    Enjoy it while it lasts. Most people switch back and forth between platforms. At least I do. IPhone 7 will probably be tempting as always.

Yes I am one of those people... After over heating and glitching out... I almost had to bust out the iPhone. Thankfully I was able to take into Verizon and they got me a replacement. Praying it doesn't happen again
    03-14-2016 12:19 PM
    Hey everyone, wanted to share some quick thoughts on my new S7 Edge. I have had every iphone excluding the 6s since the first. Finally switched over.

Pros:
    Very premium feeling
    Extremely small compared to my 6 plus
    Screen is very vibrant
    Phone and camera are both snappy

Cons:
    Audio quality is awful
    Locks up for a second or two at times
    Touchwiz and some of samsung apps are sub par

So far I am please with my switch. Android is taking a bit to get used to but I'm getting there. Other than the audio being quite bad (may be due to water proofing) I have no real issues.
    I agree with you on the audio being bad, my s5 sounded better playing games, although ringtones and notifications sound fine to me and are loud.
    03-14-2016 12:23 PM
    I bought a 6S and a 6S+ back in December and loved using them. I kind of started getting bored with them not long after. I've also had every iPhone since the original in 2007.

Once the S7 Edge was available to order, I ordered it and I've had it for just over a week now.

Two days ago, I turned off all my iPhones (5S, 6+, 6S+. 6S) and put them all in a drawer.

The S7 Edge is the only Android phone that has made me want to finally quit using those iPhones and it is the phone I've been waiting for!

I feel the exact same way. I have for years bounced from flagship to flagship trying to find that perfect phone. This is the first phone that I feel there is nothing compromised. Battery life has been great. Camera is amazing. This thing is blazing fast. I'm going to kind of miss the S-pen functionality from the Note 5 but I didn't use it all that much. Note 5, 6s Plus, Apple Watch, and Nexus 6p are all about to be listed on Swappa.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    03-14-2016 02:00 PM
    Yea, I have been an Android guy for awhile. Had like 3 Droids, Thunderbolt, every Note, etc.
    I jumped on the iPhone 6S+ at release date because my Note 4 was just being really janky.. overheating, slow, poor battery life, etc. I figured I should at least give the other side a try..
    I must say the battery life on the 6S+ was absolutely stellar. I must have used .2% per hour at idle. It's an ultra-capable device, but over time I grew annoyed with all the "little things" I couldnt do anymore on the iphone.

Now Im back on Android with the S7 Edge. Right off the bat, I can tell I'm not gonna get close to the battery life on the iphone despite the 3600mah battery. That is disappointing. Other than that, the S7 Edge beats the 6S+ in every other category hands down. Not even a competition. Got a wireless charging pad and everything on order, so hopefully that alleviates my Android battery concerns this time around.
    You said exactly how I feel with my 6s Plus and why I'm moving to the S7 edge. I got my 6s Plus back in December and have been pretty content with it. But the little things that it can't do have finally gotten on my last nerve and the phone pretty much just drives me nuts at this point. And the camera really isn't that good. It's terrible in low light. My wife's S6 edge + easily takes better pictures and videos. I can't wait to get back to a little freedom with Android. And I'm ok if the battery life isn't quite as good - I go to bed with 40% on my iPhone. If I go to bed with 20% on my S7 edge, I'll be perfectly fine.
    03-14-2016 02:24 PM
    I'd recommend using a launcher like nova launcher. That sorts out the touch wiz problem. That's what I use on mine and it's snappy. Also a home switcher app so you can switch back to touch wiz if you don't like it lol

Samsung Galaxy s7 edge 😍
    wlonsdale likes this.
    03-14-2016 02:26 PM
    Fyi

Sorry, I don't buy it. I've had both and the 6s plus stomps on the s7 edge in battery life.
    03-14-2016 02:30 PM
    I'd recommend using a launcher like nova launcher. That sorts out the touch wiz problem. That's what I use on mine and it's snappy. Also a home switcher app so you can switch back to touch wiz if you don't like it lol

Samsung Galaxy s7 edge 😍
    TouchWiz is much better than it was a few years ago. I actually don't mind it much, though I use Action Launcher because I like a clean home screen.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5
    03-14-2016 02:55 PM
    I am really contemplating if I want to get a 6s plus or a s7 edge. I know they are both great phones. I miss apple products and their ecosystem, but the os is so limiting for me. If I could simply do more with the springboard I would be good. I don't even want widgets I simply don't like apps cluttering it and folders are a poor resource for organizing apps.

03-14-2016 03:48 PM
    Has anyone had the opportunity to use the S7 edge and compare it to the nexus 6p vs Iphone 6+? Pure vs new Touchwiz. If so what are your thoughts?
    03-14-2016 04:02 PM
    I hadnt used an Android device since back when I had an HTC Thunderbolt. I loved that phone, but I dropped it and broke the screen. My wife at the time was due for an upgrade on her device, and she wanted an iPhone, so we both made the switch. I got to play around with an S6 Edge at work when one of our users turned it in, and it was the first time that I'd even looked at Android OS in years. i thought the phone was amazing, and I decided to get an S7 to replace my iPhone 6s for work. Love the phone - fit, feel, finish and the screen are amazing, and its a good feeling getting back in the Android space. I still have an iPhone 6 for my personal line
    Turp386 likes this.
    03-15-2016 11:04 AM
108 12345