Quick thoughts from long time iphone user

NuMotiv

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone, wanted to share some quick thoughts on my new S7 Edge. I have had every iphone excluding the 6s since the first. Finally switched over.

Pros:
Very premium feeling
Extremely small compared to my 6 plus
Screen is very vibrant
Phone and camera are both snappy

Cons:
Audio quality is awful
Locks up for a second or two at times
Touchwiz and some of samsung apps are sub par

So far I am please with my switch. Android is taking a bit to get used to but I'm getting there. Other than the audio being quite bad (may be due to water proofing) I have no real issues.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I made the switch from the iP6s+ to the S7 Edge and I share the same feeling. I suppose a better comparison would be the Nexus 6P to the iP6s+.

Posted via the Android Central App

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I made the switch from the 6s plus to the s7 edge. The battery life has gotten a lot better since I started using the device.. I'm guessing it just needed a few days to work out the kinks...but I love being able to customize. That's why I keep going back... Plus expandible memory.. Feature iPhone won't get ever. Yes it's nice having a device that going to receive updates for a while but most phones have a shelf life of 2 years... And Apple is included in this category. But the fact that Apple refuses to make big changes should leave users disappointed. The biggest thing that I've had to adjust to is the comfortability of itunes. But that's about it.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I made the switch from the 6s plus to the s7 edge.. And yes I miss the honestly of iTunes. The battery life has gotten a lot better since I started using the device.. I'm guessing it just needed a few days to work out the kinks...but I love being able to customize. That's why I keep going back... Plus expandible memory.. Feature iPhone won't get ever. Yes it's nice having a device that going to receive updates for a while but most phones have a shelf life of 2 years... And Apple is included in this category. But the fact that Apple refuses to make big changes should leave users disappointed. The biggest thing that I've had to adjust to is the comfortability of itunes. But that's about it.

Have you tried Google Play Music?

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I have both of those downloaded I just am cheap and don't feel like I should have to repay for music I already paid for. I do like Google play, and I'm getting used to it. Thanks to an app I was able to get my music from iTunes to my phone... And not spend hours doing it since I have over 2000+ songs

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I just liked the ease of pluging the phone in the car and jamming to my playlists without using data.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Actually Google music has the ability to import your entire iTunes library from your desktop and move it to the cloud for your consumption.

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have iTunes Match with my whole library in the cloud, most I ripped from CDs or other non iTunes sources. Does Android have a similar source I can use to upload my library?

Also how does the battery get better after a few days on these devices? Will the Edge last as long as the 6 plus? Or will the S7 even last as long?

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
After the first few days honestly it has been great. I was worried day one but it has held up strong I'm a pretty heavy phone user. So in super impressed, and I have the wireless charger too. Amazing

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I am not at the computer now but log into Google music on your desktop and their is an option to sync your iTunes library it's been so long since I have done it but it was so seamless and simple.

Quick Google should have you covered.

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I used an edge for about an hour. The ui seemed so cluttered. Ian very nerdy so tweaking is fun but just curious that once one finishes customizing the device isn't it just like any other phone at that point, with apps, Internet and a camera. The edge I used stuttered a little and had more lag than the smoothness I'm used to with my iphone. All that said I'm bored with iOS and want a change! Lol

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I am not at the computer now but log into Google music on your desktop and their is an option to sync your iTunes library it's been so long since I have done it but it was so seamless and simple.

Quick Google should have you covered.

I will be doing this shortly

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I used an edge for about an hour. The ui seemed so cluttered. Ian very nerdy so tweaking is fun but just curious that once one finishes customizing the device isn't it just like any other phone at that point, with apps, Internet and a camera. The edge I used stuttered a little and had more lag than the smoothness I'm used to with my iphone. All that said I'm bored with iOS and want a change! Lol

That's why I switched... No customization AT ALL. I know I'm simple.. But the fact I can even customize font and message backgrounds is awesome

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
It is like in between the 6s and the 6s Plus for me... But like I said I'm a heavy user... Social media... Music, videos, texter and I get A LOT of use out of it.