Quick thoughts from long time iphone user

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
This is what I've done. I am still on the three month Apple Music trial and I actually like it much better then Google Music.

Since I am an iTunes Match subscriber, all my iTunes music is available in the cloud through the app, all 13,000+ tracks.

So it's worth the Apple music streaming trial?

Posted via the Android Central App

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I bought a 6S and a 6S+ back in December and loved using them. I kind of started getting bored with them not long after. I've also had every iPhone since the original in 2007.

Once the S7 Edge was available to order, I ordered it and I've had it for just over a week now.

Two days ago, I turned off all my iPhones (5S, 6+, 6S+. 6S) and put them all in a drawer.

The S7 Edge is the only Android phone that has made me want to finally quit using those iPhones and it is the phone I've been waiting for!
All the flagships of the major OS' s are great. It's whatever ecosystem and features you want. To say one sucks though is silly. It would be nice to be able to afford them all. I've been in the iOS world for 7 years and have iPads Apple tvs a MBP and our family has 4 iphone 6's. The ecosystem is so great communicating with each other in the family with photos, messages,iTunes and iCloud. While android appears too cluttered for my taste I'm sure it's great. iOS works great for us.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
All the flagships of the major OS' s are great. It's whatever ecosystem and features you want. To say one sucks though is silly. It would be nice to be able to afford them all. I've been in the iOS world for 7 years and have iPads Apple tvs a MBP and our family has 4 iphone 6's. The ecosystem is so great communicating with each other in the family with photos, messages,iTunes and iCloud. While android appears too cluttered for my taste I'm sure it's great. iOS works great for us.

I agree. All the above is why I had such a hard time trying to just use Android exclusively. I've always had multiple iPhones and I still do along with an iPad, two MBPs, Apple TV. everything always played nicely with each other.

I still plan on making all my music/video purchases through iTunes just as I've always done. Withe the Android Apple Music app, I still get all my music purchases instantly on my Android devices just as I did on any Apple device. Plus, I always loved buying music videos on iTunes and they are DRM free so I just copy them onto my Android phones and they can be played there as well.

I'm only saying that the S7 Edge is the phone that has finally made me leave an iPhone at home for the first time in three years that I've been using Android phones. I always had an Android and an iPhone with me at work. Last week, I only had my S7 Edge. Even left my Note 5 that I Bought in January home and didn't miss it.

Last edited:

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I agree with all of the above I just find myself sorta missing the whole safety of having a reliable phone. Although my first 6s was a dud it was nice knowing that the phone was going to update when all of the others did. I think that's the only honest reason I miss ios .. Dependability. I see so many people with Android issues and update issues... Never really had that with iPhone

Honestly I love the closed ecosystem. Every app is optimized and uber efficient with the hardware. I love iCloud and all the integration with nightly auto back ups and updates. Everything works so nicely and the single core score is still the fasted per geekbench on a 6 month old phone. The iphone 7 will be a beast.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Honestly I love the closed ecosystem. Every app is optimized and uber efficient with the hardware. I love iCloud and all the integration with nightly auto back ups and updates. Everything works so nicely and the single core score is still the fasted per geekbench on a 6 month old phone. The iphone 7 will be a beast.

I don't know about all of that in all honesty Android is the beast. There's a reason why Android sales are 80% of the market. People like Android too. I know I will most likely have the 7 but for now the s7 edge has my heart. :)

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I don't know about all of that in all honesty Android is the beast. There's a reason why Android sales are 80% of the market. People like Android too. I know I will most likely have the 7 but for now the s7 edge has my heart. :)

Think about it. Where is the entry level iPhone? There isn't one. Android phones are the cheapest to make, cost the carriers nothing to run, will run on old hardware, which allows the carriers to make crazy deals with people who can't afford an iPhone. Its all about $$$. Nothing more, nothing less. Tons more people buy the cheap android phones instead of these flagships. The flagships lure in the people willing to spend. People using flagship androids number in the thousands. People using the iPhone number in the millions.

That doesn't mean one is better than the other. It simply means you buy what fits you, regardless of hype. I agree with the Nexusgirl. This may be the that makes me put the others away. The only other phone that did that for me was the original nexus.

crazed_z06

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
The battery life is indeed less than my Iphone 6 plus despite having a bigger battery. However the screen is a much higher resolution which probably has something to do with the life. Regardless the edge has solid battery life. Especially when you have a fast wireless charger that you can throw it down on when you are at the desk.

Yea, I have been an Android guy for awhile. Had like 3 Droids, Thunderbolt, every Note, etc.
I jumped on the iPhone 6S+ at release date because my Note 4 was just being really janky.. overheating, slow, poor battery life, etc. I figured I should at least give the other side a try..
I must say the battery life on the 6S+ was absolutely stellar. I must have used .2% per hour at idle. It's an ultra-capable device, but over time I grew annoyed with all the "little things" I couldnt do anymore on the iphone.

Now Im back on Android with the S7 Edge. Right off the bat, I can tell I'm not gonna get close to the battery life on the iphone despite the 3600mah battery. That is disappointing. Other than that, the S7 Edge beats the 6S+ in every other category hands down. Not even a competition. Got a wireless charging pad and everything on order, so hopefully that alleviates my Android battery concerns this time around.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Agreed. Apple is very Vanilla when it comes to smart phones... Not a game changer at all. That's why people go back to Android.

crazed_z06

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

Agreed. Coming from a 6S+, I wish Apple would put that extra power to work with some additional functionality.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have both of those downloaded I just am cheap and don't feel like I should have to repay for music I already paid for. I do like Google play, and I'm getting used to it. Thanks to an app I was able to get my music from iTunes to my phone... And not spend hours doing it since I have over 2000+ songs

I use iSyncr. I go back and forth between iPhones and Android phones. I keep all of my music in iTunes and use iSyncr to sync to my phone.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Agreed. Coming from a 6S+, I wish Apple would put that extra power to work with some additional functionality.

That's why I go back to android.. Because there is power to back up the functionality like 3d touch a concept that Apple is just now using that has been on Android for a while. I would jailbreak an iPhone but eh.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
This is what I've done. I am still on the three month Apple Music trial and I actually like it much better then Google Music.

Since I am an iTunes Match subscriber, all my iTunes music is available in the cloud through the app, all 13,000+ tracks.

Throw in a 32 or larger Micro SD and use Isyncr to transfer all your itunes match stuff into your 7Edge. That's what I did. When I get into my car the bluetooth picks it up and it just starts playing my Google player with it set on random songs.